Honored Contributor

InsideQ Open to EVERYONE Starting 11/15 per QVC Social Team

[ Edited ]

Greetings, everyone!   Wasn't sure where to post this, but I thought this update from @Beth-QVC would be of interest.   

Beth-QVC wrote:
Re: Insider magazine

Hi Everyone

I wanted to provide an update regarding the future of the InsideQ.

The InsideQ will be available to all without restriction.

It will not be in a catalog or magazine format but will be available after November 15th by going to QVC.com and using the search box. 

Any customer can search InsideQ in the search bar and will be taken to this page. Happy shopping!

Beth QVC

source:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Insider-magazine/m-p/4194155/highlight/true#M17841

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Re: InsideQ Open to EVERYONE Starting 11/15 per QVC Social Team

I received it from the beginning.  I always wondered why everyone wouldn't get it.

Just makes sense because all it is is an adveertisement.

That's great news...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66, It never has made sense to me that it wasn't available to everyone.   And the problems with access (and posting the advance item numbers) cause so much consternation on the forums.   I think this is a good, logical move.  Just a guess, but I have a feeling the QVC Social Team will see it as a welcome change, too.😊   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

The thing I wasn't sure about is if it has the same amount of detail and item numbers.  I am guessing that it's much smaller with no item numbers or they won't be active until TSV day.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

The thing I wasn't sure about is if it has the same amount of detail and item numbers.  I am guessing that it's much smaller with no item numbers or they won't be active until TSV day.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

This would be my guess as well. When they started out, at least 3/4 of the TSVs would have an item number and were able to be ordered early; currently that’s shrunk to maybe 25-29% that can be ordered early, i.e. not much out of 30-31 TSVs per month.

I think that the reason many people are so eager to see Inside Q is to order early, and if they can’t do that, a lot of the attraction of seeing it is gone.

For whatever reason (probably the vendors don’t like it??), QVC has decided to de-emphasize (and may shut it off, they’re close already compared to a year ago) the pre-buying aspect of the Insider. Once they do that, there’s no theoretical reason to restrict any access - and no real reason to spend money to bother continuing to put it out; so we now get the online version. It will become irrelevant for most, IMO.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy looking at the QVC Insider for the articles. When this was a print only subscription, I never read it and was never interested in signing up for it at a price. When QVC decided to bring out a digital edition I never read it either at first since I didn't know the super secret password to access it.

It's always seemed silly to dance around the issue to find it like it was a super secret party that only certain people could attend.

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Greetings, everyone!   Wasn't sure where to post this, but I thought this update from @Beth-QVC would be of interest.   

@Beth-QVC wrote:
Re: Insider magazine

Hi Everyone

I wanted to provide an update regarding the future of the InsideQ.

The InsideQ will be available to all without restriction.

It will not be in a catalog or magazine format but will be available after November 15th by going to QVC.com and using the search box. 

Any customer can search InsideQ in the search bar and will be taken to this page. Happy shopping!

Beth QVC

source:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Insider-magazine/m-p/4194155/highlight/true#M17841

More game-playing by QVC? Don't think this is going to make any difference to most of us. It'll go away soon enough like everything else they "provide" for us. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

Sounds like it will be  a Qmag and not any insider mag. if it is open to all. 

Honored Contributor

i am going to miss receiving it in the mail. i much prefer reading it in magazine form versus reading it online.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I much prefer the print version (whIch I often referred to each month in recent times).  Doubt that I'll bother with the on-line version.  Time will tell.  However, for me, my attention span is much shorter when reading things on line as compared with the time I spend reading printed matter.