Super Contributor

Okay, so I've complained about this before...but I keep hoping things will improve. What is the saying about the definition of insanity...where you keep doing the same thing over and over, but yet expect a different result??? Well, obviously I am insane.

My complaint is with the ridiuclous amount of time it takes for the Q to process their orders. On 7/14 I placed an order for an on-air item (Berkshire Blanket set of 2 throws). Now I am well aware how awful the Q has gotten in processing orders...but this order was held in "processing" and doesn't show that "agent" picked up the order to take to the UPS facility until 7/20. 6 stinking days that it sits while it going through whatever steps that constitutes QVC's shipping process. Again, this was NOT an item that was on clearance and so maybe was offsite and therefore wasn't readily available...this had been an item that had been on-air several times that day and a couple of days afterwards. And, the funny thing is that now that it was finally delivered today...I see that the EDD was for 7/26! A full 12 days after initial order was placed!

Yes, I am crazy to do business with a company who USED to process and ship their orders as soon as they got them (I'd have them within 5 days), and now who apparently has reduced their shipping department staff to bare bones...and who utilizes the slowest delivery schedule of any online vendor doing business. But I keep HOPING they would care enough to fix this problem.

The ironic thing was that I had received an email last week asking if I wanted to participate in a phone survey...and of course I said yes...because I wanted to discuss my one major complaint with QVC. But today I heard from the company who will be handling the survey...and they have enough customers, so I won't be able to give my feedback that way...so I'm posting here with my complaint.

I know I am not the only one unhappy with the time it takes QVC to handle orders. NO OTHER COMPANY is as slow...or as expensive when it comes to shipping orders. Many of the companies I do business with either have free shipping (and I receive it within a matter of days, some within 48 hours), or they have free shipping if I order anywhere from $25, $50, or $75 (depending on the company). But even when I have to pay for my shipping, the turn around time between placing my order and receiving my order is days...NOT more than a week (almost 2 in this case)!

For the record...I have been shopping with QVC since originally back in 1989. I bought EVERYTHING from them. I liked doing business with them. And I always found their Customer Service top notch. But they act like they're the ONLY game in town now...that we don't have other options where we can spend our money. And so now I've gone from spending ALL of my shopping dollars here...to only occasionally shopping here. Where before I would purchase here without checking to see if I could find the item elsewhere...I now routinely look for any other place to purchase the item...solely because when I order something, typically I want it sooner, rather than later. It's just so darn frustrating.

Okay. I'm done whining and belly-aching. It is what it is...and unfortunately, the way they do business works for them...and that's the bottom-line.

Talk amongst yourselves... {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren