Honored Contributor

Re: In the kitchen with David

@cutiejudie wrote:

Love David! Try to watch every week but would like to say Mary is doing a great job while David takes a break. She can sell anything. I watched her early yesterday morning selling clothes. She did a great job! Looking forward to seeing more of Mary!!

Mary is such a good host isn't she. No pretention, or moaning and groaning or any of the other foolishness we are subjected to  from some other hosts. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Seriously?  It is almost as if the posters here think QVC's job is to entertain you and alleviate your boredom.  It is not.  It exists to sell things.

And honestly, thoigj some of you sound as if you are bored to tears (and have not figured out how to change the channel), if QVC can sell tens of thousands of $400+ blenders through its repeated airings, that is exactly what it will do.  If you do not like it, change the channel because the revenue made today means a heck of a lot more to QVC than whining and complainin on an obscure message board.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Vitamix has been on every time I've put on the Youtube livestream today. It's ridiculous! Instead I'm playing old QVC clips from the Youtube channel while working today.

And for the person saying QVC is "just there to sell things"...well if people are turning off the channel due to the repetitiveness, then it's not going to be selling as many things.

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Seriously?  It is almost as if the posters here think QVC's job is to entertain you and alleviate your boredom.  It is not.  It exists to sell things.

And honestly, thoigj some of you sound as if you are bored to tears (and have not figured out how to change the channel), if QVC can sell tens of thousands of $400+ blenders through its repeated airings, that is exactly what it will do.  If you do not like it, change the channel because the revenue made today means a heck of a lot more to QVC than whining and complainin on an obscure message board.

Yawn, 🙄

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

I was going to buy the Vitamix blender untill i saw Wolfgang on the other channel had one for 129.00 more power and bigger container and it will fit under the counter , i watched the demastration and was sold , a lot less money and more product.

Trusted Contributor

They have been doing this for awhile, especially if the TSV sales were not what they had anticipated that day, prior to ITKWD.  Between the repetitive TSV demo's and excessive Temptations products in every show (imo,) his shows have gone really down hill.  I feel badly for David because I suspect even he would like more variety and less time devoted to the TSV and other repetitive product presentations.

And how many times do we have to see the colors of an item?  They repeat that every few minutes and it gets ridic.  HSN has a much better approach - they certainly don't find it necessary to show colors every few minutes. 

Tis a shame how this show has declined .......................

Honored Contributor

@Wackers3 wrote:

They have been doing this for awhile, especially if the TSV sales were not what they had anticipated that day, prior to ITKWD.  Between the repetitive TSV demo's and excessive Temptations products in every show (imo,) his shows have gone really down hill.  I feel badly for David because I suspect even he would like more variety and less time devoted to the TSV and other repetitive product presentations.

And how many times do we have to see the colors of an item?  They repeat that every few minutes and it gets ridic.  HSN has a much better approach - they certainly don't find it necessary to show colors every few minutes. 

Tis a shame how this show has declined .......................

Showing the colors are a perfect time filler for David.

Honored Contributor

I have to say something good about the Vitamix.... bought the first Vitamix TSV (about 5 - 6 years ago) and LOVE it!  It's permanently on the counter and I use it for everything.  It does it all and I've been through the other blenders, maybe one every year or two. Perhaps I'm just too rough on them but my Vitamix has been used for everything.  Easy to clean too!  I have the Black because they didn't offer colors back in the day.....I've found that it sure isn't "just a blender" and considering I was spending $120 - $175 on a blender every year or two, my Vitamix has now paid for itself....  I'm still thrilled with mine BUT I sure on't need to watch any more presentations.... Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Product selling is becoming like an info commercial.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@cutiejudie wrote:

Love David! Try to watch every week but would like to say Mary is doing a great job while David takes a break. She can sell anything. I watched her early yesterday morning selling clothes. She did a great job! Looking forward to seeing more of Mary!!

Mary is such a good host isn't she. No pretention, or moaning and groaning or any of the other foolishness we are subjected to  from some other hosts. 

I love Mary! I think she got a surprise this morning. She's the only host I follow on FB. She had a picture this morning  with George Lopez and stated that she & David were so excited he was their special guest. An interesting number of people said oh sorry then Mary, love you & David but no can do George, so some other time.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all