Respected Contributor

Re: In the Kitchen with you know who

Why is Shawn on all the time?  Why is Jane T. on all the time?  Why is Amy on all the time?  This has been a pattern before the Powers-That-Be fired a few hosts.  Some of the newer hosts are quite capable.  IMO, they should get more air-time and the aforementioned hosts, along with David, should get less.  Of course, I have no role, or authority or say in the matter.  Just my opinion as a viewer and long-time customer. 

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Whosits IMO David, who I like but don't watch ALL of his shows, is a great salesman. If you've got a guy who can sell, then give him lots of opportunities (shows) to do so. Easy peasy. Makes sense.

Exactly. $$$ That's what Q's in business to do..optimize sales. David probably has proven to do so. He is a great salesman.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@busymom22 wrote:

It could also be that with the pandemic sales of food and kitchen items are the most profitable. With people staying home more I bet sales of makeup and clothing have been flat or declining.

True. During the actual shutdown in March/April/May...first thing we ordered were meats we could store in the freezer...actually came in handy.  

Btw...We even went for Nutrisystem...figuring it was a good time to try it because food stored long, in case we were on shutdown indefinitely, and also...maybe we'd lose some weight. Well...that got Nutrisystem out of my system for good! We got a refund.  Most of it ran the gamut of horrible to just ok, (if you are desperate...which we were at that time.) Threw out some awful ones. Breakfast was all sugary, over-processed bars, which I don't like to eat for breakfast, or anytime. Snacks...ugh...those "cheese puffs' Marie makes look yummy as she chomps on them, lol...weird.  And the portions...people lose weight based on that alone...tiny portions (and I'm not a BIG portion girl, but these were like 1/2 cups.) Yes you are supposed to eat veggies and salads to fill you up with some meals...but we couldn't get at produce much then.  Anyway...that's my Nutrisystem rant. Those who've had success, fantastic. Was just "emergency food" for us...not worth it.

That said...Kansas City filets, Chicken Fried Chicken came in handy. Haven't bought makeup or clothing...have plenty to last for now. Bought one Valerie lantern TSV...to replace an old Bethlehem Lights one, for my deck, that gave out. 

Frequent Contributor

There is an article in USATODAY about QVC and HSN featuring David.

Esteemed Contributor

All the time?  Isn't ITKWD on twice a week?  QVC2 is reruns, so a lot of segments are shown in a loop over there.

Honored Contributor

Its called the bottom line.  He sells and QVC is selling to make money.

So they air what sells, not just items a few people are interested in.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Whosits  .. I know many people love David ... but I just can't watch him.   There is something about him I just don't like.  

Respected Contributor

I'm one that loves watching David.  He puts me in a better mood when he has a QVC show.

I don't necessarily sit down and watch him all the time.  Just having him on my TV in my home makes for a happy day.  And yes, I like the happy dance. 

Valued Contributor

ITKWD shows are only live twice a week on the main channel.  It's all the reruns of  these and other David shows on the other QVC's that are driving you crazy.  Can't say that I disagree with you but I do look forward to the live kitchen shows on Wednesdays and Sundays but only enjoy them when they don't have a lot of food items, otherwise I change the channel.   :smileyhappy: 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I'm one that loves watching David.  He puts me in a better mood when he has a QVC show.

I don't necessarily sit down and watch him all the time.  Just having him on my TV in my home makes for a happy day.  And yes, I like the happy dance. 

@Sunshine Kate Well stated; totally agree. He and Dan Hughes are "comfortable" people to have on the TV. I do try to stay away from Dan's shows as much as possible, because I tend to order more when he is presenting. ha! But David is a close second!