Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

I think the mop has a legitimate place in a kitchen show, so that didn't bother me much—but when the Apple watch popped up for a full presentation, I just shook my head and changed the channel.

@loriqvc

Yep, I guess the Apple Watch was a kitchen essential---LOL, and I've seen him present Bose music system .....I guess so you can play music while you cook Smiley Wink Woman LOL

@Spurt - The Bose presentations also don't bug me too much—except for the fact that they're always ridiculously long—because I feel like a lot of people have music playing in their kitchens or dining areas. But a watch? Sorry, that's jewelry or electronics, not a kitchen tool. What's next? Trying to convince us that the latest LOGO item belongs in the show because we wear clothes while we cook?  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

I think the mop has a legitimate place in a kitchen show, so that didn't bother me much—but when the Apple watch popped up for a full presentation, I just shook my head and changed the channel.

@loriqvc

Yep, I guess the Apple Watch was a kitchen essential---LOL, and I've seen him present Bose music system .....I guess so you can play music while you cook Smiley Wink Woman LOL

@Spurt - The Bose presentations also don't bug me too much—except for the fact that they're always ridiculously long—because I feel like a lot of people have music playing in their kitchens or dining areas. But a watch? Sorry, that's jewelry or electronics, not a kitchen tool. What's next? Trying to convince us that the latest LOGO item belongs in the show because we wear clothes while we cook?  Smiley Very Happy

@loriqvc

That would be something to see David and Logo....or do his happy dance while wearing Attitudes for Men by Renee Greenstein.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

the same when they start showing beauty products on the style shows...and the Q has an entire channel devoted to beauty...that is where they should be...I  change the channel because they spend way too much time on those product.

Trusted Contributor

David can move merchandise.  It is all a bottom line issue:  ITKWD has a lot of fans who are essentially a captive audience twice weekly.  I change the channel when a non-cooking item comes on. 

Valued Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

David can move merchandise.  It is all a bottom line issue:  ITKWD has a lot of fans who are essentially a captive audience twice weekly.  I change the channel when a non-cooking item comes on. 

exactly sasha. it's always about the bottom line.  that's  fine.

sometimes, though it just seems desperate.kinda like going to a car dealer and in addition to showing you cars, they also try to show you a horse. yes, both can be used to get from point a to point b, but the latter is just desperate to get a sale. or as my grandmother would say, "just being death after a dollar". that's the turn off for me, if that makes sense.

david is a natural. "what" he has, is who he is, at the core. that isn't something that can be taught to someone else. also can't learn it  from watching him.

we have 100% control over what we  watch  (well, as long as the batteries in the remote are working - smile). in general, i change the channel when any show or brand has a product that i'm not interested in. and yep, usually, i forget to switch back.

Respected Contributor
Mark Charles has grated my nerves for decades. Years ago I wrote a letter to the CEO that they hire the gadget guy from Americas Test Kitchen, "Adam Ried". I just can't tolerate Mark Charles silly antics. Unfortunately they are sticking with Mark Charles.
Frequent Contributor

@GardeniaGal wrote:

Between selling non-cooking items on a cooking show, so much emphasis on food stuffs, and the same products over and over, I've stopped watching ITKWD.  I used to really like watching.

Same here.  I was turned off by the increase in food items which you can buy for 1/4 the price at the local grocery.