Esteemed Contributor

I think the mop has a legitimate place in a kitchen show, so that didn't bother me much—but when the Apple watch popped up for a full presentation, I just shook my head and changed the channel.

Valued Contributor

i think the #1 reason there are products that we may not associate with the "kitchen" is because david's sunday show has the largest viewing audience of the week. more viewers, tends to mean more $sales$.

my grandmother had a couch and day bed in her kitchen, as well as a mini green house and walk in freezer. granted, she lived on her farm, in the south, and the kitchen was probably at least a third of the first floor.

truly, minus a bathroom, you could live in her kitchen. the washing machines and dryers were also in the kitchen.

things like a mop don't seem so out of line to me.
plus, there aren't but so many strictly kitchen only items out there.

i can't remember the last time i was in a store that had a kitchen section, but from what i remember, the kitchen section didn't have that many isles. the largest sections of most department stores is clothes, shoes and jewelry, unless that has changed.

please don't let that bug you. there are far more important things to get bugged about.

life is far too short and precious to be concerned about what is aired on a show.

Valued Contributor

@fthunt He does provide comedic relief.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't mind so much about the other items like mops, computers, vacuums, etc. if they didn't spend so much time on them and if the rest of the show was more interesting than it has been for a long time now.  Yes, mops, etc. can be used in the kitchen, but I think a lot of us would like to see new items and not the same TSVs, shears, TT, and so many prepared food items since they have shows devoted entirely to that.

Contributor
A mop doesn't bother me but eating 15 chicken wings on air during a presentation does. Yes I turned off at first chicken wing only to check back later to learn of said on-going tally. Is this "really" neccessary to have continuous gluttonous behavior? I'm officially done even trying to watch.
Trusted Contributor

I prefer my steam mop!

Esteemed Contributor

The name of the show is "In the Kitchen With David".  Nowhere does it state only cooking is allowed.

Clean away David!

Respected Contributor

I have a multitude of crumbs on my kitchen floor after preparation .... egg shells, flour, bread crumbs, pieces of packaging -- that a mop is imperative.  ;-)

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind to our host

Honored Contributor

Re: In the K w/D

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

I think the mop has a legitimate place in a kitchen show, so that didn't bother me much—but when the Apple watch popped up for a full presentation, I just shook my head and changed the channel.

@loriqvc

Yep, I guess the Apple Watch was a kitchen essential---LOL, and I've seen him present Bose music system .....I guess so you can play music while you cook Smiley Wink Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”