Occasional Contributor

In stock item on order changed to backordered

Has anyone else had orders changed to BACKORDERED on an item that was in stock when ordered and is currently still showing as in stock?

This has happened to me on 2 different orders. I inquired with Customer Service if changes had been made to the ordering process but could not get a straight answer from the rep who took my call.  She manually changed my order to IN PROCESS but a few hours later, it reverted back to BACKORDERED.

I don't know if I can rely on getting this order or when!

Super Contributor

Re: In stock item on order changed to backordered

I have had this happen to me also a few times.....I either just wait a week or so to see if changed or just cancel the order...depends on how bad I really want...but you can just wait it out if you want

Respected Contributor

Yes, just the other day.  I cancelled the order.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I ordered the lock & lock spice containers. They showed in stock and then went to back ordered, then they cancelled the order.

Trusted Contributor

@Renata22 Me too.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I have had a couple of items that were in stock when ordered changed to backorder.  They have released for shipping.  I don't know what is going on with QVC and their shipping issues, however, I hope it improves with the Holiday Season rapidly approaching.  I also have noticed that returns take forever to be acknowledged, espeically if not using one of their return labels.  i often wonder if that is intentional on their part.  I personally think that many retailers are overwhelmed with the shipping and pcking of orders as on-line increases.  I returned an item to the UPS store for Amazon and the money was refunded the same day without them even receiving the item.  That was impressive and unexpected.  QVC take note.  

Honored Contributor

Seems to be the "norm" lately!  Absolutely ridiculous -- order something with EDD...after days of "processing" suddenly backordered, advance order or waitlist🤔🤔🤔and then ponder if the item will be received or cancelled due to not available.

Q no longer appeals to me for my shopping needs for many reasons -- sadly, I used to love QVC but not anymore☹️

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mooselady  Yes, just the other day in fact. On item A369052, when I ordered it, it was in stock and showed "in process" for a couple days, then switched to backorder....all the while it continues to show as available/in stock!

Crazy huh? I canceled the order (thankful I even had that option), I needed the coat asap, when I saw it went to backorder, who knows when I'd of received it! lol So, the hunt continues for a new coat! Luckily, there were a few ladies here who were kind enough to help me with my measurements (and helped me pick out the coat I had to cancel) so I think that should definitely help going forward as before I didn't know WHAT size to buy.

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

I also had an order become "backordered" the other day.  I posted it on here.  It was a Bob Mackie top that would have been perfect for Christmas!  At the time all was good and I should have received it by 11/15.  The next morning it was backordered.  I canceled the order and will shop elsewhere for another top.  I didn't want to take the chance of being disappointed once again.   You know, I may actually go out shopping......this is helping out the B&M stores for sure!

New Contributor

Yes, happens ALL THE TIME...If I buy usually a food item on auto delivery I will get the initial order but then the future items ALWAYS begin the process of "preparing your order", only to then receive emails saying the item is on backorder BUT then I have no problem finding it on the web site IN STOCK AT A HIGHER PRICE! I do believe QVC is scamming it's MOST LOYAL customers....there are TONS of stories on this Blog/Forum with the EXACT same result! QVC should be ASHAMED that they are scamming people...as far as I am concerned they are BREAKING A CONTRACT! Maybe it's time the FTC & FCC get involved!