Valued Contributor

In The Kitchen With David 1/6

Should have been called In The Kitchen With Nutrisystem.  Every time I have turned the channel to the show, Nutrisystem has been on.  It seems at least half the show so far has been Nutrisystem.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

Re: In The Kitchen With David 1/6

tried it about a year ago.worst food i ever ate.threw it in the garbage.even the squirrels wouldnot eat it.

Respected Contributor

QVC spends most all of the day talking about Today's Special Value.  They need to get some new material, seem to have the same stuff all the time.

Honored Contributor

I'm the first to admit I'm not a very good representative for Nutri-System.

I lost (I believe) it was 35 lbs on this program.  Back then it was a program where you went to an office and met with a counselor.

I cheated the system like crazy (something I do too often), hence...overweight.  

Here's what I did.  I lived on their hamburgers.  I hated all of the other food.  Most of it, I didn't even like the looks of it.  It's not like the hamburgers were good (more like freeze-dried leather) but it was the only thing I could push down my throat.

My poor husband was sooooo excited at his new 'sexy' wife.  

But it didn't last.  Of course I started eating regular food and (again, of course), I gained it all back....then some.  

We all know this story.  I can't blame Nutri-System.  I totally sabotaged the program.

Like I said, it was a long time ago.  I do doubt though that the food is all that much better.  I sincerely don't know though.

My daughter said she was going to try it.  She's only slightly over weight.  Just needs to loose a few pounds.  She's extremely active (she even does marathons for charity), so I don't know how effective this is going to be.

I think if people can afford it and want to try it, QVC would be the place.  I doubt if other places will refund your money like QVC will do.  Maybe so, don't know.  I do know if QVC says they will refund money, they will.  In the past I've bought Valerie Bertinellli's cake and everyone I know hated it.  I called QVC and they totally refunded my money.

I think we're all smart enough to know it isn't going to taste that great.  But, like so many things, if someone wants whatever it is...they'll attain it, if they work at it.

I've always said that, in my opinion, one of the hardest things to do is to loose weight.....and (more importantly and difficult) is to keep off the weight loss.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Unwatchable

Respected Contributor

@katiescarlett  I totally agree!  I usually have ITKWD on while I'm cleaning house, laundry, painting or working around the house just in case something comes on that I might be interested in or to get kitchen tips, but today, off it went and the radio went on.  More power to the folks who are interested in Nutri-system or those that have lost weight on it, but even though I was slightly interested, when I read then reviews, I decided it wasn't for me. 

Someone suggested lean cuisine, and those might be a better option for portion control with somewhat limited calories, and food that tastes better then Nutri-system.  And pretty convenient and available at my local stores.  .  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Regular Contributor

I totally agree about unwatchable.  And the Stacey nonsense???  Maybe I was somewhere else, but when was Nancy or Antonella's anniversary shows?  First Alberti and now Stacey.  Why not acknowledge hosts who appeal to rel world customers.  Tired of Stacey screaming and eating fries.  Just tired of Alberti period.  Sorry but I am entitled to my opinion too.

Respected Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

I totally agree about unwatchable.  And the Stacey nonsense???  Maybe I was somewhere else, but when was Nancy or Antonella's anniversary shows?  First Alberti and now Stacey.  Why not acknowledge hosts who appeal to rel world customers.  Tired of Stacey screaming and eating fries.  Just tired of Alberti period.  Sorry but I am entitled to my opinion too.

What do you mean by "real world customers?"

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I recorded the program as I had guests.  Therefore, I fast forwarded the Nutrisystem presentations.  They are so boring.  Never tried it, but know people that did and they said the food tastes terrible.

Contributor

Nutrisystem is, in my opinion, nasty!  I didn't watch ITKWD today because everytime I turned it on, they were selling it and I refuse to watch!