Frequent Contributor

The Illure Candles look so much like Luminara. Are they the same technology? If not, what is different?

Respected Contributor

There are several companies that make this type of flickering flame candle. I don't know anything about this brand. Other brands that I have are not as white and bright as my Luminara candles, but are less expensive and suit needs in some parts of a room.

Trusted Contributor

The flame is 3D, rather than flat like others. Jane explains in the beginning of the video.

https://www.qvc.com/Illure-Choice-of-4%22-or-6%22-S4-Flameless-Pillars.product.H223362.html 

Contributor

The flame on the luminary is fflate. The flame on the new one is 360 degrees it also with remote, get brighter or dimmer.

Honored Contributor

Re: Illure Candles

[ Edited ]

@dollgal wrote:

The Illure Candles look so much like Luminara. Are they the same technology? If not, what is different?

@dollgal 

I know way back there was a brand that took Luminara to court over patent issues over the technology......Not sure if it was this brand.  A little gift shop here used to sell Illure, my sister bought them and she was very pleased.  The shop owner told my sister about the legal battle....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I just saw Pat present these.  They look great since they're 3D.  I just bought four or five Luminara candles (my first ones).  If I hadn't done that I would order some of these.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau