Honored Contributor

Re: “If you don’t like it don’t watch it”

From my perspective after being here for some time, I learned making suggestions doesn't bring about changes.  Either QVC decision makers don't read what is posted, our comments aren't sent to them, they think we are chronic complainers not to be taken seriously, or they don't care.

The complaints here are similar, many coming from new or relatively new posters who recognize the same issues.  

However, rude comments towards those who do complain aren't forced to read them either.  It goes both ways. 

Other posters here mean well when they say change the channel, probably, because that's the only thing that ultimately works, but there needs to be a large number to make an impact. 

From a business perspective, I find customers with  similar complaints very important, how many and how quickly they are resolved when evaluating the overall performance of companies.  I'd want to know that if considering stock purchases, or whether I'd want to purchase from them.   

Respected Contributor

I think it's fine to post complaints, suggestions, etc. about shipping, Q items and such.   What I find distasteful is when some people can't wait to pounce on anything a Q host says or does.   Like  "did you just hear what (host name) just said on air?"  And what poster is ranting about is something taken totally out of context. Just petty complaints about a host for lack of anything better to do. 

Also, saying mean things regarding a host's dress, hair, etc.  Tacky.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hellodali wrote:

@Gabidog wrote:

So many times I read that from folks commenting on comments.  It seems to be the standard reply.  That is ok but it is also ok for posters to complain about something they do not like and feel there is room for improvement.  Are we supposed to simply love everything QVC?  Do we not hope programs, prices, shipping improve?  Do we not want QVC to know what we think and why we might not be buying?  And to be clear we are not watching...at least not as much.  The end.

@Gabidog Of course it is okay for people to complain; however, there is just so much going on everywhere, that the negativity is just draining.   I usually do not read the complaining posts because there is nothing in the posts that bring my spirits up!  When one of the complaints is:  "It gets old hearing about certain hosts who do nothing but talk about themselves or their families".  Do you really think they would be employed that long at QVC if managment wasn't happy with their performance?

Also, when you think about the millions watching QVC and then there is maybe 30 (at the most) chiming in and complaining, why would management care? 

In addition, I would think an email directed to the CEO might get a reponse.  Of course, let's be real, he will never see the email/letter.  There are people who handle all that for him.  I am sure no one who is anyone in the upper managment is sitting here reading these posts. 

If it makes people feel good to complain, then go ahead.  I know a few people who are always complaining and I definitely try not to be in their company if I can help it.  I prefer my days to be upbeat and happy.

@hellodali 

Why do you think QVC goes through the expense and time to even have Forums....its to gather suggestions and feedback and keep people engaged on their website....Why do ALL retailers spend a great deal of time and money for all these surveys when only a few respond, and those that respond are the ones that are heard by the company.  As my mom used to say, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil"!  And I have written to Corporate on a couple of occasions .......and did receive a phone call.....Hosts and vendors have said on air many times, we heard the QVC customers and made some changes.....

And if seeing and reading the complaints bothers anyone, they are free to pass that thread on by, or perhaps there's other Forums that are better suited to their tastes....

And with QVC's financial results they could use some help as certain categories have been declining in sales for several years now....companies that are struggling or are no longer in business are the ones that arent listening or didnt listen to their customers.....(JCP is a perfect example...they hired a CEO from Apple who did away with many things customers liked best about JCP...JCP came near to going under, the guy was fired, changes were made to satisfy customers, but they are still struggling as many customers havent returned....)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Gabidog wrote:

So many times I read that from folks commenting on comments.  It seems to be the standard reply.  That is ok but it is also ok for posters to complain about something they do not like and feel there is room for improvement.  Are we supposed to simply love everything QVC?  Do we not hope programs, prices, shipping improve?  Do we not want QVC to know what we think and why we might not be buying?  And to be clear we are not watching...at least not as much.  The end.

@Gabidog , Yes, Yes, yes.  I'm so tired of posters  trying to control what is said and how it is said. The responses are just as negative, if not more so. 

@QVCkitty1 

Well said.... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

But why do people even want to spend their lives and time complaining?

If items were not selling, QVC would not be showing them.

If people do not like a host--who cares--maybe the host would not like them in real life either.

If people do not like the shipping times, ask for taxes to be raised so the postal service can have more money and improve its processes.

If some folks think something is on too much--switch the channel--if you are watching so much QVC then you are almost addicted.

No one ever says love everything--that is just silly.  

Remember the words of poet John Lydgate (adapted by President Lincoln):

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time."

Obviously QVC is doing a good enough job that they are still in business!

@FancyPhillyshopper 

Read Qurate's financial reports (many are posted on the Forums) before the pandemic Qurte was struggling in many areas..... for several years now revenues were declining, and sales are down in many categories .. What you need to realize is that people complain or give feedback and suggestions because they want to keep QVC as a viable shopping option....If customers keep quiet and just go away those are the companies that usually dont remain in business.. And if you read any business or retail journals---most talk about "knowing their customer, and their wants and needs"...And retailers better find ways to please their customers or they wont remain in business...(sorry that John Lydgate quote doesnt work in the retail world)_why is so much money spent on surveys by retailers....to get customer feedback of course!  And arent topics complaining about the complainers just as bad...🤔 Here's an idea...dont like a thread...skip it on by......

Honored Contributor

It seems odd that this thread re: complaining is in fact just that.

Honored Contributor

Since we are so limited it what we are allowed to discuss here (unlike the old days), many of the topics that come up are gripes.  Often they are in good fun and we get a giggle.  Some posters have no sense of humor and get insulted at the slightest hint of negativity.

If we weren't pointing out things that the Q does, or a host says, there would probably be a whole lot of nothing going on here.  (Particularly on a forum called Q Talk.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gabidog  Have at it girl. I'm so tired of the 'never is heard a discouraging word' contingent. If you have an issue with something, I say feel free to express it. If they don't like it, well, they don't have to read it or reply to it... It cuts both ways...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

But why do people even want to spend their lives and time complaining?

If items were not selling, QVC would not be showing them.

If people do not like a host--who cares--maybe the host would not like them in real life either.

If people do not like the shipping times, ask for taxes to be raised so the postal service can have more money and improve its processes.

If some folks think something is on too much--switch the channel--if you are watching so much QVC then you are almost addicted.

No one ever says love everything--that is just silly.  

Remember the words of poet John Lydgate (adapted by President Lincoln):

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time."

Obviously QVC is doing a good enough job that they are still in business!

I think the real question is why do you care ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I hear you @stevieb . And get so tired of the neverending  "change the channel",   "use your remote"  responses to any and all complaints about Q programming, or the also popular  "noone is forcing you to watch".    Ugh!