Respected Contributor

Re: “If you don’t like it don’t watch it”

Nothing makes me move faster for the remote than "we have a caller."

Regular Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

Excellent point @GinaV24 .  I agree and you'd think they'd listen to complaints and suggestions more and maybe they do to some.  I for one hate the phone calls and know others have posted about it many times but to no avail.  They must see some benefit to it, but I don't know what.  And btw, I actually DO change the channel as soon as the host says they're going to the phones!

The phone calls are awful! I hit "mute" till they're over. I find myself feeling embarrassed for the callers! Some of them go on, and on, as if they were having a chat. The the host has to look for an opportunity to politely extricate themselves from the call. Sometimes, they have to resort to, "They are telling us we have to move on."

Esteemed Contributor

They are about 3 regular posters, 2 old-timers and one newer one who seems to be following the lead of the oldsters who seem to have problem when people post complaints.  They seem to swoop in out of no where to comment in almost all the forums.

Some complaints are legit, while some are silly.  If you don't like a post just skip it.

Respected Contributor

Isn't writing if you don't like a post, just skip it on par with - if you don't like it, don't watch it? 

Personally I don't understand anyone subjecting themself to anything on television that they find irritating. Too, too many other options. 

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt QVC should listen MORE because I've read many suggestions on the forums that would make for a positive improvement.

From my personal experience, I know that I watch (and buy) a lot less than I used to mainly because unless I am really interested in what they are presenting, I don't bother. I refuse watch where I will be irritated by programming and/or behavior of a particular host.

So the posters who persist in "well just don't watch" as their answer to any complaints, guess what? There are probably quite a few people who have done just that.

@GinaV24 

Well said!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

And it is just as easy to not read threads you don't like too.

Right on!  This is still a free country the last time I looked!  There still is free speech right?

Honored Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

And it is just as easy to not read threads you don't like too.

Right on!  This is still a free country the last time I looked!  There still is free speech right?

@Jinlei   Yes there is on these forums however you still must follow the standards for posting. I'm not disagreeing with you,only stating what happens here. I've seen a lot of posts here today gotten rid of by the mods.

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

So many times I read that from folks commenting on comments.  It seems to be the standard reply.  That is ok but it is also ok for posters to complain about something they do not like and feel there is room for improvement.  Are we supposed to simply love everything QVC?  Do we not hope programs, prices, shipping improve?  Do we not want QVC to know what we think and why we might not be buying?  And to be clear we are not watching...at least not as much.  The end.

Try not to let some anonymous stranger take up space in your head. Some are always snarky, most are very nice. You need thick skin to post here.  It's never going to change.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt    Perhaps writing to corporate with your complaints would be better served than complaining on these forums

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Use the remote" and "Change the Channel" are just lazy, pointless, unhelpful admonishments dispensed by the same cliqueish sewing circle of self righteous poster police, time after time, after time.......

Along with the relentless lessons in Constitutional Law.