Esteemed Contributor

If you do Easy Pay - Check Your Credit Card!

I made a mistake when I ordered the Dell TSV this past weekend for my son. It was represented as having the absolute "latest technology" in it. NOT SO. I'm tech challenged but I do know a little about computers. However, I had obligations that kept me from doing my usual research before ordering. So when I did, I realized that it has an Intel Celeron Processor, which is old technology and at the bottom of the totem pole of Intel's processors. Everyone I've talked to, including the Electronics forum here, said it was not a good deal. I tried to cancel Sunday night, but it wouldn't let me. Called CS Monday 8:30 a.m., and they said they had to send it to Corporate to cancel it. Right! It shipped on Wednesday.

The UPS man said the best thing to do was to refuse it. In fact, one CS rep told me I could do that. So I did. Called CS to let them know, and was told I should not have refused it because it would cause problems with the refund. I had used Easy Pay and also bought the $60 extra warranty. But right after she said that it would cause problems, she said she would go ahead and issue the refund for both--to the tune of $468.00! I asked why that amount, that I had taken Easy Pay...she said for some reason it didn't go through that way. Instead of being charged the first payment of $140.00, they charged me the full amount of $468.00. So if I had kept the computer, I would have had that amount on my credit card and would have been paying interest. The Easy Pay was for my son's convenience in paying for it. I'm very turned off by the misrepresentation, the conflicting statements by CS reps, and the fact that it did not go on easy pay.

So if you do easy pay on anything, I would recommend checking your credit cards to make sure that's what you got, and were not charged the full amount. I might not have minded if it were a $30 shirt on 2 easy payments, but not the full amount of almost $500!

Honored Contributor

Re: If you do Easy Pay - Check Your Credit Card!

Hey Kittymom! Wow, good grief, that transaction was just problematic from A to Z, eh? Smiley Sad

The other weird thing is how fast you got it. I guess since these computers were older and already in the states they were able to get them out quickly. But to have purchased it using ezpay and have them charge the whole thing at once is not good at all.

Not that I would ever do an ezpay from my checking account, but what if somebody did that, using their checking account, and it took all that money out that they were going to use to pay bills or buy food? Geez, you have to be looking out for yourself every single second.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/12/2014 chickenbutt said:

Hey Kittymom! Wow, good grief, that transaction was just problematic from A to Z, eh? Smiley Sad

The other weird thing is how fast you got it. I guess since these computers were older and already in the states they were able to get them out quickly. But to have purchased it using ezpay and have them charge the whole thing at once is not good at all.

Not that I would ever do an ezpay from my checking account, but what if somebody did that, using their checking account, and it took all that money out that they were going to use to pay bills or buy food? Geez, you have to be looking out for yourself every single second.

Yeah, chickenbutt, how fast I got it, especially since it "wasn't made yet" when I ordered it! It came from Nashville, TN, and they do have a mfg facility there, but I don't believe they weren't already made...{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

And as far as the charge, what if someone had that happen and they just had room on their card for the charge they expected? It would have been declined and caused them all kinds of problems. Or, some cards allow you to go over your limit some, but you're "punished" for it in one way or another. So many conflicting statements, misrepresentations, and now that charge...I'm taking a sabbatical from buying from QVC. This has really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I refused an order once and promptly received a refund.

Esteemed Contributor

Just found out that QVC has deleted the tracking info showing that I refused delivery on this computer. AND the CS rep who told me last night she was issuing a full refund for the computer and the Square Trade contract, only did the refund for the contract, not for the computer!

So now this CS rep has said SHE has issued the refund for the computer - the charge is there for the full amount, we will see if the refund shows up! I was nice about it, but I did let this rep know what I thought about this whole thing.

This whole episode is going to save me money in the long run - I'm taking a long break from buying anything from QVC! {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Not applicable

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} The time it takes to process a refund is ridiculous, I was told yesterday by a CSR it can take 12 days, it does not take them that amount of time to grab onto it when you order something, they grab onto that money right away and if you cancel the order does it still take that amount of time to do the debit on credit card or your bank account. They are tying up your money for a ridiculous amount of time and I wonder is this really legal. JC Penney, Costo, Macy's, Sam's Club, no one does this. I love shopping at Amazon, I am a prime customer lots of things are free shipping and you receive your order in about 3 days. QVC has gone down hill in about the last five years for sure. Amazon is looking better all the time. Oh, and their shipping charges are astronomical.

Honored Contributor

Workers need to pay attention to details because it's the d...details that determine what happens to us.

It's not the same amount, but I never walk out of my local supermarket without checking my receipt. The number of errors is staggering.

Frequent Contributor

Ironically, my order shipped 6 days ago and they still haven't taken my first Easy Pay Installment. Bizarre.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/14/2014 millieshops said:

Workers need to pay attention to details because it's the d...details that determine what happens to us.

It's not the same amount, but I never walk out of my local supermarket without checking my receipt. The number of errors is staggering.

I agree totally. I've learned to always check my receipts. I print things out from the grocery store websites before I go so I will have a hard copy of sales prices, etc. I've had things not ring up with the sale price, either advertised or at the store, paper coupons that are either missed or don't scan, electronic coupons that don't deduct, and the list goes on. I have two cats and bought cat litter that was BOGOF (I always buy it on sale), and discovered that they charged me for both boxes. That's a big mistake.

When one of my local stores has Super Double Coupons (meaning they double any coupon up to $2.00 which gives you $4.00 off), I write down the coupon face amount, the doubled amount, and the price of the item...that way I know exactly how much should come off my order at checkout. I have gone so far as to have them get my coupons back out of the cashier's drawer and go over them one by one - they somehow had not given me over $6.00 in coupon credits. Why bother clipping them if they don't work? It's very frustrating.

And I have actually received emails from QVC confirming my refunds for the computer and the service contract...I'll see how long it takes for them to show up.