Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you delay my shipment I should be able to cancel!!!

I agee with you @Beauty Maven ... I placed an order on October 6th.  On October 11th I received an email saying the shipment is delayed.  It is now October 19th and it still has not shipped.  New EDD is October 23rd. I can't cancel.

Esteemed Contributor

with Amazon,I am able to cancel an order even  AFTER it has shipped!   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I think it is a legitimate complaint and agree that when an order is classified “delayed shipping” the customer should be able to cancel. Don’t understand selling items on air that are not available to ship. Still don’t understand why under normal circumstances it takes 3-4 days to ship an item.
Honored Contributor

I agree!

Respected Contributor

I got an email stating something I ordered would be delayed; it shipped the next day?

I ordered from Target online yesterday, it shipped today.  Same for Lands End.  Q needs to get their shipping act together to be competitive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're quite right, @jlrbr 

Not only is it annoying, but why ship something that will only be returned?  What a huge waste of everyone's time and effort.

I just don't understand why communication with vendors and/or warehouses is such an impossibility for QVC.  Don't they scan things?  Don't they use computers/tablets/etc.?  They should know where everything is every step of the way.  It's almost 2020!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Not only is it annoying, but why ship something that will only be returned?  What a huge waste of everyone's time and effort.

I just don't understand why communication with vendors and/or warehouses is such an impossibility for QVC.  Don't they scan things?  Don't they use computers/tablets/etc.?  They should know where everything is every step of the way.  It's almost 2020!

@GingerPeach  ... QVC is making money on the return shipping charges.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@GingerPeach  ... QVC is making money on the return shipping charges.  

My point, @Boehm Collector , is that it still wastes resources that could be put to better use.  Money isn't everything, no matter whether QVC chooses to think so by wasting energy, gas, resources, electricity, and people's time and whatever else is involved.

They could better spend their own resources on being more effective.

Just because some think they make money on it, does not make it OK.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Speaking of delays of shipment....an order placed on Thursday as Premium delivery expected delivery the next day for Friday is not coming until Tuesday. When a customer service employee was asked about it, she claimed we DO NOT GUARANTEE DELIVERY. So why bother claiming to the consumer that it will be Premium delivery? Seems rather disingenuous to me. Hmm... Another strike for QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector wrote:

I agee with you @Beauty Maven ... I placed an order on October 6th.  On October 11th I received an email saying the shipment is delayed.  It is now October 19th and it still has not shipped.  New EDD is October 23rd. I can't cancel.

I just received a second email regarding the order I placed on October 6th.  This is the second one I've received.  They still have the EDD as October 23rd (this was te new EDD date after the 1st delay email I received).  Obviously that isn't happening as today is October 25th.  EXTREMELY frustrating.  Nineteen days for an item to be "processing" is outrageous!  I will definitely NOT be purchasing any Christmas gifts from QVC.