Trusted Contributor

to prepare for Christmas you're doing something wrong.   My opinion you're over buying or over decorating.   Christmas should be about family, lfriends and getting together.   I have 4 kids and spouses, 8 grands and 5 great grands..   I never start until November at the earliest and I get everything accomplished including baking.    To me starting this early takes away from the holiday..    Obviously many disagree but that is my take on it.   

QVC Customer Care
Esteemed Contributor

By the first of November I'm so tired of hearing about Christmas - wish it would just go away - as in - be done with it.  It's ONLY one day.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the laugh @Junebug54 ...good grief.

Trusted Contributor

I love the Christmas in July shows but then Iove Christmas year round.  I am guessing they started on June 30th to coincide with the last day of the birthday celebration and also to take advantage of a weekend day..  I don't think anyone is doing it wrong, they are just doing it different than you.  It doesn't make them wrong.

I so look forward to these shows every year.  If you don't like them, don't watch them.  I don't like the make up or computer shows so I don't watch them.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, @Junebug54.  I don't like CIJ and I don't watch any of them in any month.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor
@Miss Pepsi

👍🏻👍🏻
Respected Contributor

We are all different.  I could use the story about pick up your remote, but that is obvious. 

Yes, it is only one day; however, it is only a tv program.   Let's face it, Christmas has been commercialized for a very long time and I don't think things are going to change.  I find it to be fun.

QVC is not an entertainment venture.  It is there to make money.  It has a huge payroll and has to cover that payroll and make a profit. 

I do not care for the gardening shows because living in an apartment, I do not have a garden.  Therefore, I find something else to do when those shows are on - no big deal.

I see the TSV for July 25 is Bethlehem Seasonal Lighting.  Do you think it might be another whole day of Christmas? 

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

By the first of November I'm so tired of hearing about Christmas - wish it would just go away - as in - be done with it.  It's ONLY one day.

I don't like CIJ, but I do love Christmas.   It's certainly not just one day for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Several years ago I started shopping for Christmas in July, but I ended up forgetting where I hid some of the presents 😂 and as the holiday approached, I found better deals or changed my mind about what I wanted to give some people on my list.  Since then, I've been known to browse Christmas in July events, but I don't start shopping or decorating until after Thanksgiving.