Esteemed Contributor

Check your billing date.  I just went online to pay my bill, and the bill is due two days earlier than in the past.  This could have resulted in a fee, and I do not remember getting notification that there was a change in my due date.  Please check your account.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

That happened to me too. I have had the same due date for many years. Luckily I looked at the date before scheduling a payment.

I schedule my payments quite ahead of time, especially if I'm going to be out of town and won't have access to a computer.

I would not have been happy to have this change of due date and not be able to fix it.

When Verizon and Directv changed my due date, they notified me a month in advance.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Esteemed Contributor

Re: If You Have a Q Card

[ Edited ]

This could simply be due to the fact that April has 30 days instead of 31; that often affects billing cycle dates on the back end and can cause fluctuations of a day or two.

ETA: I just checked my Q Card statements for the past few months and the upcoming month, and the payment due date has been and will be the same day of the month. The only thing that has varied is the billing cycle close date, which is likely based on a 30-day cycle.

Honored Contributor

I just checked mine and it did change from the 13th to the 11th.  I had no notice at all.  I always schedule my payments ahead of time.  It would of been nice if we received a notice!  

Honored Contributor

I would not use any credit card if I had to worry about billing dates causing me to pay fees. Thankfully, I only use the card as a convenience and don't need the credit to pay for anything. I also like the idea of being able to use money that's not mine for 30 days.

Honored Contributor

i still get paper bills in the mail.

i can check online AND have it in writing also.

no excuse to miss a payment when you get a bill in the mail and you have access to it online.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i still get paper bills in the mail.

i can check online AND have it in writing also.

no excuse to miss a payment when you get a bill in the mail and you have access to it online.

Exactly.

Esteemed Contributor

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the OP's reason for posting was to talk about an unexpected change in payment due dates, not a problem with paying bills on time. While it's true that such a small adjustment is not likely to have a significant impact, it certainly could if someone has a bill payment service preset for a specific date each month or if one is budgeting based on a biweekly pay schedule without much flexibility.

Occasional Contributor

This change in due date complaining has nothing to do with not needing the card or paying early etc.

Bottomline, QVC and Synchrony bank did this underhandedly and any customer with a credit card ESPECIALLY being with them for years deserves respect!

I'm one just noticing too (why I am here after looking for complaints). I usually gloss over due date because its been the same since day one! VERY deceptive. Im not using this card anymore unless for an emergency.

Verizon did this a year ago, same exact way and boy they got backlash by so many customers who realized they missed the secretly changed new due date and had a late fee on their next bill! I was one of them! Verizon credited thet late fee and gave us our old due date back!

Perhaps QVC and Synchrony will due the same with the due date!

"Get a QCard"! Yeah, whatever.

Our card gives us nothing but easy pays. Gone are the incentives we were offered!

Now this date  due bull!

Occasional Contributor

Amen sister!