Occasional Contributor

We don't need schooling about not missing a payment with paper or online. Really people!  Really?????? Reading some of these comments are as pathetic as what QVC and Synchrony did.

Pardon us for calling out deceptiveness!:/

Occasional Contributor

You have every right to say what you did! The "perfect" people on here really are unbelievable.

Occasional Contributor

I'll add, in re to their whipping out the ruler: Holy, holy, holy" 🙄

Frequent Contributor

My due date has not changed, at least for May, but last year QVC bombarded me with emails, asking me to eliminate my paper bills, I've been paying online for years, but I always refused to eliminate paper bills, then QVC emailed me telling me that if I didn't accept to eliminate the paper bills, I wouldn't be able to pay online any longer, I felt I had no choice but to accept, but am not happy about it. I thought it was for everyone, now I see that customers still receive paper bills, even though they prefer paying online. I honestly don't understand why.

Honored Contributor

Re: If You Have a Q Card

[ Edited ]

I did contact the bank and asked them why they went ahead and changed my due date without any notice.  They said it was in my February billing that effective 4-18 they were shortening the due date from 25 to 23 days.  They emailed me the notice.  Talk about reading the fine print. Oh yeah, they raised the interest rate a percent too.  I'm paying off and closing my account asap.

Honored Contributor

After living without a credit card for 20 years, my bank talked me into one.  They get freebies or something.  I figured I could chart my grocery purchases for a few months.  After six months of absolute grief with this thing, I paid it off and cancelled it.  It all came to a head when they started asking me my security questions when I was trying to make a payment.  Like "where do you want to retire?"  I'm already retired, I wouldn't have selected that question.  For heaven's sake, people, just take my money.  Paying it off completely involved a live person who must have thought I was the stupidest person he's ever dealt with.  

Respected Contributor

I cut up my Q card.

When I went paperless with my other cards, I forgot to pay some months, and incurred a late fee.  Sometimes it was $27~!

Changing the due date is under-handed as many do not notice "changes" on their invoice.

Valued Contributor

Yep, I noticed that too ... my QCard and Discover had same due date and now they don't.

Honored Contributor

just a few notes regarding this situation......

supposedly, notices were sent out in february that this was going to take place.

if you DID receive a late fee due to this change, call them and they will remove the late fee.

other customers have also been able to change the due dates to one that works for them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I had a  Q card several years ago.  I thought it was good to have all my Q purchases on one statement.  (I shopped Q a lot then.)  When my other cards started offering cash back bonuses, etc., I stopped using my Q card.  No perks at all from QVC.  Will never use it again.  (I'm also sick of hearing about "easy pay" with every presentation.  One of the other reasons I am watching less.  )