Honored Contributor

Re: If I missed it, let me apologize...

Given all the hoopla prior to her "Anniversary Show", I found it very disappointing.  Almost turned it off since the TSV went on for almost the first 30 minutes.  

Honored Contributor

No need to apologize!  Q is saving the big celebratory stuff for Pat's 40th or 50th, or even her retirement.  Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

The show was very poorly done.  Think of all the amazing clips that could have been shown of "The Morning Show" with Pat and Dan along with Murphy the dog!  Those two were some of the key hosts that jumpstarted TV shopping and helped make QVC an empire.  Pat's warmth and sweetness comes through in her presentations and she is very pleasant to watch.  When viewer watch, they are much more likely to make purchases. 

We can only hope that she was not as dissapointed as the viewers were.  There were so many missed opportunities to show the gratitude and appreciation that was due to one of QVC's best host ever!

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I'm not shocked at the vitriolic, miserable comments about the event. 

Many,  many organizations acknowledge years of service,  often in 5 year increments. 

My company notes anniversaries starting at the fifth year.  Anniversaries starting at year 5 are acknowledged with small gifts, time off rewards, and eventually luncheons and receptions with 20 years or more of service. 

QVC has had on air 5th year celebrations, so it would be awkward to ignore the significance of a 35 year milestone.  Pat is quite deserving of all acknowledgments received....and more.

@Johnnyeager    Vitriolic?   I know you've probably been saving that word, dying to use it but its a gross exaggeration of what was said here.  The whole point if the comments was that they turned Pat's special day into a routine show where all they had her do was sell, sell sell.  It should have been all about her.  You're right, Pat was quite deserving of what was done, there just wasn't enough.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Referencing the comments that Pat didn't deserve a special recognition show, diminishing and minimizing 35 years of years.

Quite Vitriolic to me.  In my opinion. 

And Astringent. Bitter.  Sour.  Vituperative.  Shrewish.

Respected Contributor

@lgfan 

A farewell, retirement show, is not the same as anniversary.  I worked the same job for 27 years and never did anyone know my job anniversary. 

Valued Contributor

I've worked the same place for 43 years.  I don't expect anything when I leave.  Don't want anything.  My dad used to say all they owe you is a paycheck.

Honored Contributor

What I dont understand with Pat's Anniversary Show being much ado about nothing why did QVC run all those promos to advertise it 🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

What, no choco cake????

That's terrible. :-(

I missed the show but as you all saw, QVC has certainly changed and not for the better with the older hosts.

Well, I hope Pat reads these, probably doesn't but if she does, I still remember the day she realized she was going to be a mom and one of the hosts came out to her, to show her an  item she would be presenting in her show coming up in the next hour and she asked Pat (who sat there with her little blonde ponytail) how she was feeling, and Pat says "I feel like I could toss my cookies" lol.... Shortly after that she announced she was expecting... She was so cute... She did a very good job raising that young lady of her's... Congrats Pat on 35 years!

Honored Contributor

@pieman wrote:

What, no choco cake????

That's terrible. :-(

I missed the show but as you all saw, QVC has certainly changed and not for the better with the older hosts.

Well, I hope Pat reads these, probably doesn't but if she does, I still remember the day she realized she was going to be a mom and one of the hosts came out to her, to show her an  item she would be presenting in her show coming up in the next hour and she asked Pat (who sat there with her little blonde ponytail) how she was feeling, and Pat says "I feel like I could toss my cookies" lol.... Shortly after that she announced she was expecting... She was so cute... She did a very good job raising that young lady of her's... Congrats Pat on 35 years!

@pieman 

JUST an FYI the hosts do not read these Forums, the Forums are for customers.  The hosts do read their QVC Facebook Pages and Instagram Page only.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”