Esteemed Contributor

Re: If I'm Going to Spend $500 to $900 on a Mattress

@Alexa6352 wrote:

I bought my Sleep Number bed from QVC 6yrs ago and it was great. Delivered on time,it was easy to put together and it's the BEST Mattress we ever had...

@Alexa6352 .... I am in the market for a Sleep Number Bed but, I am going to a Sleep Number show room to see everything that they offer ... I probably will pay more but, if I order from them they will deliver & set up the mattress for me which I cannot do on my own & IF anything ever goes wrong they come right to the house to fix it 😊

Respected Contributor

I ordered my last mattress and box springs from Sams Club and I love it.  It all came in boxes, right to my door.  Very good experience.  That was my first time ever to buy this way, and I would do it again.  All I need is some very good, detailed descriptions.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a hard time accepting that a mattress that "inflates" from a box is going to be sturdy, rigid where it needs to be,  and durable with everything all crunched up like that especially the coil springs.  I would hesitate buying from "the brothers" since they are new to the mattress business.   Maybe if the reviews come in and everyone is raving then I will change my mind.  Hope though that it works out well for those who ventured into a purchase.

Trusted Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

I have a hard time accepting that a mattress that "inflates" from a box is going to be sturdy, rigid where it needs to be,  and durable with everything all crunched up like that especially the coil springs.  I would hesitate buying from "the brothers" since they are new to the mattress business.   Maybe if the reviews come in and everyone is raving then I will change my mind.  Hope though that it works out well for those who ventured into a purchase.

I totally agree that this is why I can not consider these at this time.  Since this mattress in a box thing is a new fad, I'm curious how long the mattresses will last.  How many years will they last?  For $900 I could go to a store and buy a real mattress.  I thought GMA had talked about some companies that have the mattress in a box for $3-400 range.

Honored Contributor

Also, they are another QVC vendor that is into "everything."  You wonder how they can be well-versed in all these products within a short amount of time.  (I didn't even watch; I bought a new mattress locally a couple of years ago and I'm satisified with it.)

Valued Contributor

@mimomof4 The Sleep Number Bed comes in a few boxes...The one I purchased 6 yrs ago was $1300...and it's the same as the day we bought it...What was wonderful about these Mattresses in a Box...Many people who may want a King Size Bed..but they can't get it into their house..my Brother-in-law is one of those people..well he now can have that King Size Bed....It may not be for everyone...BUT Don't knock it till you actuall tried it!

Trusted Contributor

my mattress is only 5 yrs old... but i just got a mattress topper 3 inch memory foam at a great price & i love it..... absolutley love it..... dont want to get out of bed... and tons cheaper than a mattress,,, not that mine was old, but i always wanted a mattress topper....

Valued Contributor

I have oredered two mattresses from the Q, they were very similar to temper pedic.

One I ordered 12 years ago, I believe it was by bodypedic, that one had a lot of support and was also supported around the edges of the bed, no sagging. But, after two years there was a noticeable impression of my body in the bed, I'm not heavy.

Another by a different vender sagged.

I believe if a mattress can be delivered rolled up in a box, there is no way it's gonna support you.

I remember what Rich Domeier once said during a Serta presentation, he was tired of sleeping in a hammock, he needed support. 

I wonder if the Q will have him doing a presentation on the new beds by the brothers?