Respected Contributor

Apparently the board of directors of Disney do not like the direction that the CEO is taking the company. So they are bringing back the former CEO to get the company back on track. It appears that they are listening to their customers.

The inconvenient truth is that QVC has gone off track. All businesses must evolve but QVC has lost its way. The problems have been discussed here over and over.

Sales numbers should tell the tale. When customers are not happy they do not spend money. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good point.  Disney stocks have really taken a hit over the last year or so.  I have a good idea why but won't be able to talk about it.........

Honored Contributor

Qurate stock is mostly owned by "investment groups"....not private buyers like you and me.    You can read about it on the net.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Judging by the new side kick they hired they think they are modernizing QVC. I don't think they give the younger generation enough credit. Middle school shenanigans are not attractive to 30 and 40 year olds. The prancing, giggling. It took Disney years of complaints from customers and didn't change until financially they had to. QVC might follow this road. My opinion only. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Re: If Disney why not Q?

[ Edited ]

@granddi wrote:

Apparently the board of directors of Disney do not like the direction that the CEO is taking the company. So they are bringing back the former CEO to get the company back on track. It appears that they are listening to their customers.

The inconvenient truth is that QVC has gone off track. All businesses must evolve but QVC has lost its way. The problems have been discussed here over and over.

Sales numbers should tell the tale. When customers are not happy they do not spend money. 

@granddi 

But they have changed CEOs and Execs along the way but it hasn't helped......from former Walmart Exec Claire Watts to a former Disney Exec and now former Jcp Exec with a speciality focus in IT and social media. But QVCI keeps their main plan the same, focus on the hosts and not the products.....A lot of viewers are tired of the silliness and don't watch nor buy.....Their financial reports confirm the tale

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: If Disney why not Q?

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Judging by the new side kick they hired they think they are modernizing QVC. I don't think they give the younger generation enough credit. Middle school shenanigans are not attractive to 30 and 40 year olds. The prancing, giggling. It took Disney years of complaints from customers and didn't change until financially they had to. QVC might follow this road. My opinion only. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

@Nancy Drew @granddi @BalletBabe 

Here's an example---Fashions Night In---SK and Ck presenting a clothing item.....and here comes Amy pushing an empty rack with only a couple of hangers on it in front of the on going presentation---mugging for the camera with a silly grin, she thinks she's cute and funny---JMHO but I'm not amused....neither am I when she breaks into the chicken dance, or other immature antics.....Others follow suit...meanwhile another host plays with their long hair extensions.

Now host's like Leah and Jayne Brown, add fun things, but keep the show on an adult level.  Pat, Terri Conn, MBR, Vanessa act professional...and give good info.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

The thing is though, that changing CEOs doesn't mean the customers come back. Even if a company changes course, who's to say how long that would take and how long that would last. Better to not try to fix what's not broken in the first place.

Honored Contributor

QVC presentations are starting to look lik TikTok videos. 

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

The thing is though, that changing CEOs doesn't mean the customers come back. Even if a company changes course, who's to say how long that would take and how long that would last. Better to not try to fix what's not broken in the first place.

@ThinkingOutLoud 

When sales and revenues are declining 12% and 16% ....they can't continue that status quo

Respected Contributor

I rarely ever watch and every time I do try, there is some ridiculous foolishness going on.

Some of the hosts look messy and disheveled too.  

I have pretty much given up and this new way of presenting is not giving me any insensitive to watch or buy.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward