Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

QVC presentations are starting to look lik TikTok videos. 

@GenXmuse 

And to the dismay of many viewers I think that's exactly what QVC is going for  unfortunately 😕🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

The thing is though, that changing CEOs doesn't mean the customers come back. Even if a company changes course, who's to say how long that would take and how long that would last. Better to not try to fix what's not broken in the first place.

@ThinkingOutLoud 

When sales and revenues are declining 12% and 16% ....they can't continue that status quo

Agree but I think you misunderstood my point. They shouldn't have tinkered with things that sent them on the path of losing so much revenue.

Esteemed Contributor

I took a tour of the QVC building years ago.  It is massive.  Add in the warehouses and their overhead must be huge.  I read (here and in their reports) that QVC sold some of their buildings to get the capital, only to lease them back from the new owners.  That is not a good sign.  Personally, I think their days are numbered, especially based on some of their desperate attempts to be entertaining.  Do we really need to see JT dancing with the Rockettes?  I think that came thru on my facebook feed, and I can't unsee it, lol.  QVC needs to focus on a wider variety of products, with hosts that show and sell the products (not themselves or their families).

I am still buying things here and there, but only what I consider to be really good deals, and much less than I used to.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

Re: If Disney why not Q?

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips I agree and that video of JT...I was embarrassed for her and she is not one of my favorite host, If that was me and I watched that, I would make sure it was removed. There comes a time in life we have to accept our age and start acting like it.  Nothing wrong with being active and exercising, but some things should be in private and not for the world to see.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Judging by the new side kick they hired they think they are modernizing QVC. I don't think they give the younger generation enough credit. Middle school shenanigans are not attractive to 30 and 40 year olds. The prancing, giggling. It took Disney years of complaints from customers and didn't change until financially they had to. QVC might follow this road. My opinion only. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

@Nancy Drew @granddi @BalletBabe 

Here's an example---Fashions Night In---SK and Ck presenting a clothing item.....and here comes Amy pushing an empty rack with only a couple of hangers on it in front of the on going presentation---mugging for the camera with a silly grin, she thinks she's cute and funny---JMHO but I'm not amused....neither am I when she breaks into the chicken dance, or other immature antics.....Others follow suit....and some play with their long hair extensions.

Now host's like Leah and Jayne Brown, add fun things, but keep the show on an adult level.  Pat, Terri Conn, MBR, Vanessa act professional...and give good info.

You nailed it.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I took a tour of the QVC building years ago.  It is massive.  Add in the warehouses and their overhead must be huge.  I read (here and in their reports) that QVC sold some of their buildings to get the capital, only to lease them back from the new owners.  That is not a good sign.  Personally, I think their days are numbered, especially based on some of their desperate attempts to be entertaining.  Do we really need to see JT dancing with the Rockettes?  I think that came thru on my facebook feed, and I can't unsee it, lol.  QVC needs to focus on a wider variety of products, with hosts that show and sell the products (not themselves or their families).

I am still buying things here and there, but only what I consider to be really good deals, and much less than I used to.

Total agreement.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Apparently the board of directors of Disney do not like the direction that the CEO is taking the company. So they are bringing back the former CEO to get the company back on track. It appears that they are listening to their customers.

The inconvenient truth is that QVC has gone off track. All businesses must evolve but QVC has lost its way. The problems have been discussed here over and over.

Sales numbers should tell the tale. When customers are not happy they do not spend money. 

Disney strayed from the original model that was successful and became ideological  in a way that hurt the brand and endangers children, who they allegedly cater to.   Let's see if they can / will backtrack to the wholesome model they designed their brand after.   

QVC is going down the same road.  They have the additional problems of a broken supply chain and increasing prices due to inflation and customers who can afford less due to the same inflation.   They are fighting for customers but they are targeting a very narrow base and turning off long term traditional customers.   We'll see how all that goes.    

Respected Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

@granddi wrote:

Apparently the board of directors of Disney do not like the direction that the CEO is taking the company. So they are bringing back the former CEO to get the company back on track. It appears that they are listening to their customers.

The inconvenient truth is that QVC has gone off track. All businesses must evolve but QVC has lost its way. The problems have been discussed here over and over.

Sales numbers should tell the tale. When customers are not happy they do not spend money. 

Disney strayed from the original model that was successful and became ideological  in a way that hurt the brand and endangers children, who they allegedly cater to.   Let's see if they can / will backtrack to the wholesome model they designed their brand after.   

QVC is going down the same road.  They have the additional problems of a broken supply chain and increasing prices due to inflation and customers who can afford less due to the same inflation.   They are fighting for customers but they are targeting a very narrow base and turning off long term traditional customers.   We'll see how all that goes.    

"Endangers children"?

Esteemed Contributor

@NYwoman You nailed it!

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

QVC presentations are starting to look lik TikTok videos. 

@GenXmuse 

Sort of sad, but I agree.