Frequent Contributor

Idea: For all guests Skyping in remotely...WHERE are you Skyping from????

It would be cool if the Q hosts  would ask the guests from WHERE they are  Skyping. 
We are getting used to this current way of selling for certain.  But so often, I do wonder from where they're Skyping.  Would be a nice way to introduce the guest as well.  This would be equally fun on the Q as well as HSN. 

Super Contributor

Re: Idea: For all guests Skyping in remotely...WHERE are you Skyping from????

I am liking the Skyping too.  They stay more focused on the products and are giving out better info.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

At least 95% of the time that I have watched, the little Skype graphic states the vendor's name, and also "from home."  plus, the vendor usually makes a statement that they are Skyping from their home or backyard, etc.  I think that's all the viewer needs.  The vendor's home should be a private issue, so any more than that would be problematic.

Sometimes the host will ask.  Yesterday Carolyn asked Josie where she was Skyping from, and Josie said "somewhere in the Caribbean." Neither wanted to go into it further.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

At least 95% of the time that I have watched, the little Skype graphic states the vendor's name, and also "from home."  plus, the vendor usually makes a statement that they are Skyping from their home or backyard, etc.  I think that's all the viewer needs.  The vendor's home should be a private issue, so any more than that would be problematic.

Sometimes the host will ask.  Yesterday Carolyn asked Josie where she was Skyping from, and Josie said "somewhere in the Caribbean." Neither wanted to go into it further.  

totally agree @Caaareful Shopper 

None of my business!

I also like the skpying....it is more focused on the item (except for a few).  Seems like some vendors come in for 1-2 items only!  What a waste!  Other vendors like for a TSV have multiple times on air....but in both cases, I prefer the host on their own just like in the old days.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

totally agree @Caaareful Shopper 

None of my business!

I also like the skpying....it is more focused on the item (except for a few).  Seems like some vendors come in for 1-2 items only!  What a waste!  Other vendors like for a TSV have multiple times on air....but in both cases, I prefer the host on their own just like in the old days.

Same here. I'm just not that interested in the people. The product is what I focus on. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper I watched the show too and found it a little odd how Carolyn kept asking JM  "where are you, tell us where you are!"  Could tell JM was a bit hesitant to answer and just said  "somewhere in Caribbean."

Honored Contributor

I'm particular about sound quality.  The company that can offer "studio" sound for Skypers will own this business.

Super Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I'm particular about sound quality.  The company that can offer "studio" sound for Skypers will own this business.

I also get tired of the words not matching what it looks like they are saying.   Issac even joked about it with Jen Coffey.  I'll be glad when they are back in the studio AND can stay focused the product presentation.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

The first question a host asks a testimonial caller is usually "where are you calling from?".

Why would it be inappropriate to ask a vendor Skyping in the same question????
It's not as if we are asking for their zip code and street address.  Simply what state or country is the idea.  No invasion of privacy intended.  

Respected Contributor

@kurious wrote:

The first question a host asks a testimonial caller is usually "where are you calling from?".

Why would it be inappropriate to ask a vendor Skyping in the same question????
It's not as if we are asking for their zip code and street address.  Simply what state or country is the idea.  No invasion of privacy intended.  

Uh, I understand why they may be hesitant. Ever hear of stalkers? And JM is pretty famous and unfortunately there are many people out there obsessed with  tv celebs. I mean, there's one poster here who knows everything that goes on in the life of a certain former host.