Hi David

When you going to have a new 2 qt self freezing ice cream machine.

Thank you

Honored Contributor

I think you should ask him on FB; he probably won't see it here.

By the way, is it more economical to make your own ice cream with one of these machines?  Just wondering.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr - In general, making your own ice cream is rarely more economical than buying premade; at least in my neck of the woods, cream is always expensive, and it's the base for most ice cream treats. However, I like the process of making ice cream in the self-freezing machine, and knowing that I'm getting a product with truly high-quality and known ingredients rather than strange chemicals and preservatives is a definite benefit.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Kay100 and @ValuSkr - In case you're still interested, the Big Deal that kicks off tonight (and is available for purchase now) is a themoelectric ice cream maker:

https://www.qvc.com/Cooks-Essentials-15-Pint-Thermo-Electric-Ice-Cream-Maker.product.K49347.html

I have a very similar one—possibly the same one, as it seems the main company that makes these machines simply "rebrands" its products for resellers—and really like it. It's very easy to use and does a great job. The main thing to keep in mind is that a pint may not be the size you want if you're feeding a crowd, even though you can easily make batch after batch without waiting for the unit to reset or refreeze.

(And if anyone else has this ice cream maker or a similar one, definitely check out the manual that is posted in the item description; it has tons of great recipes.)