Frequent Contributor

When do you guys think Mary will have her big 'announcement" about tossing the torch to Julia for In the Kitchen? It is so apparent that she really loves doing other shows on Saturday's because if not she would tell her bosses no, I have a show on Saturday's with my name on it. She tries to spin it and puts the blame on her "bosses", she has pull and rank at the Q.if she wanted to stay on Q2, she would. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Kim had TSV yesterday so QVC probably moved her to present that show.
You may be right and eventually Julia will take over.
Respected Contributor

no biggie......

she is needed elsewhere

they need to change it to ITKOS .....then anyone can host it

in the kitchen on saturday

nevermind

ITKWM is fine and works either way

in the kitchen without mary

~~today may be my last.....i choose JOY!~~
Esteemed Contributor

GROOMED?

If she doesn't know the ropes by now...........God help her

Esteemed Contributor

Mary posted a video before ITKWM yesterday to explain that there was significant rescheduling in the works at QVC and as a result, she would be missing yesterday's show and a few more in the coming weeks. She shared her love for and commitment to her show, noting that with all the hours required on air and a couple of hosts recently leaving, she had simply been asked to host more hours on the main channel.

I believe they're having Julia fill in for Mary because she has the most experience hosting kitchen-related shows (aside from Mary and David) and because she loves this category of products. She is far from my favorite host to watch, but she has gotten better over the years, and it is obvious that she prepares well for her ITKWM gigs and has good rapport with the vendors—and I have to admit that she is one of the better hosts when it comes to handling Skype interactions, which matters a lot on Q2.

Respected Contributor

I enjoy Julia a great deal.  She has shown enormous improvement,  particularly with food and kitchen.  She has a terrific sense of humor and robust personality. 

If necessary,  she would be a logical replacement for Mary on a Saturday Kitchen show.

Honored Contributor

I wish they would get rid of ITKWM and just name it In The Kitchen and have any rotating host.  QVC named one of their streaming channels In the Kitchen so they already have a channel where they can change up the specific kitchen show and host.  It makes sense, especially since it gives them flexibility of who and what's available.

Or, yes, give it to Julia full time and put her name on it.  Julia has more than proven she can handle the show.  

It's ridiculous to keep it with Mary's name on it at this point.  

Esteemed Contributor

I really don't understand all the posts about the show needing to be renamed because Mary isn't hosting it a few times. When David takes all of his vacations, he routinely misses three shows in a row, but I've never seen anyone say his show title should be changed as a result of his absence. Mary has hosted ITKWM for over seven years and has clearly made it a show people enjoy, especially if they miss her so much when she's gone, so why should she be penalized for taking on additional responsibilities as requested by her employer? She has made it as obvious as she can that she loves the show and wants to continue hosting it as often as possible.

I definitely enjoy the show more when Mary hosts, but I'm glad QVC keeps the slot for ITKWM on Saturdays if she's unavailable; to me, that speaks volumes about the fact that they want her to host the show and plan for the show to carry on into the future.

Super Contributor
Scheduling needs have hosts moving about to, I imagine, to cover shifts as well as to use them the most advantageously. It doesn't require a name change for the show.
Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

I really don't understand all the posts about the show needing to be renamed because Mary isn't hosting it a few times. When David takes all of his vacations, he routinely misses three shows in a row, but I've never seen anyone say his show title should be changed as a result of his absence. Mary has hosted ITKWM for over seven years and has clearly made it a show people enjoy, especially if they miss her so much when she's gone, so why should she be penalized for taking on additional responsibilities as requested by her employer? She has made it as obvious as she can that she loves the show and wants to continue hosting it as often as possible.

I definitely enjoy the show more when Mary hosts, but I'm glad QVC keeps the slot for ITKWM on Saturdays if she's unavailable; to me, that speaks volumes about the fact that they want her to host the show and plan for the show to carry on into the future.

@loriqvc   I think there's a big difference. A host with their name in a show taking annual vacations is not available -- they're on vacation.  I was referring to a host with her name in a show still there & available, but hosting other shows instead of her own.  For ITKWM it's not once or twice, it happens quite a lot.  To me it does the opposite of making it look like they really need Mary to helm the show.

I've seen no other example of this happening.  Leah, Jennifer, and other hosts that miss their titled show are not switched out to host another, more important show at the time.