Frequent Contributor

I think Julia did a GREAT job hosting the show yesterday. It's hard and nerve wracking to do a 3 hour show all alone . .  and she is kind of new, but she nailed it. One thing she has to stop doing (imo) is stop telling us about living in California and what she misses about it. As does Mary about all her military things and flight attendant stuff . . . Get's old

Trusted Contributor

I would like to see QVC rotate all their host so that they present all the merchandise not just certain merchandise. Their are a few that already do this and it is nice to see a "fresh" face during those presentations. I have seen Alberti selling a lot of different merchandise including women's clothes and make-up. I know some of the host feel more comfortable in their "comfort zones" but they need to demonstrate their abilities in the other areas. 

I am aware that certain fan bases are not going to agree with me (ITKWD and Shoe Shopping w/Jane) but it might draw more people to watch the different programs if they thought it wasn't going to be the same repeated comments, actions, etc.

In fact, if QVC had a couple of the host do presentations outside their "norm" I would definitely watch!

Honored Contributor

I concur! She did an amazing job, and appeared to be relaxed, while having a good time. I think it was a wise decision to pair her with Mary. She learned well, and has come a long way since her debut at The Q.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor
Julia must be a host I have never seen. Don’t even recognize the name.
Esteemed Contributor

I think this is a good example of why QVC has many different hosts and personalities; each customer has different levels of preferences for presentation styles. In my view, Julia was her usual cackling, shouting self with lots of random side comments and not enough detail in the product descriptions (so it was nice to have a lot of seasoned vendors on the show helping her). After about an hour, I couldn't even bear to have the show on in the background while multi-tasking and had to turn it off. I do think Julia has potential, but it has been a few months now and I haven't seen any significant changes in her demeanor or behavior. Even if she could simply be less loud and more focused, that would be a great improvement.

With all the vacations ending, it will be nice to settle back into the usual groove of David on his show and Mary on hers, with Stacey and Julia in supporting roles. Whether any of these hosts is your favorite or not, at least we all know what to expect from them and their antics, good or bad.

Now if only QVC would allow them to highlight a greater variety of items on all these kitchen shows . . . and I'm talking about new and unique cooking, baking, dining, entertaining, and food products, not more vacuum cleaners and security systems! Smiley Embarassed Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@loriqvc  ..... The key words in your post are "settle back into the usual groove". Usual groove to me means normal or routine. I don't want to watch a show that as I have said before I know how the host is going to react to each presentation. If I was interested in that kind of show I would watch the nightly reruns. Give the whole show presentations a "facelift". Change the program names, find new vendors, move host around. Surprise us. Do something to want us to want to watch the programs again. I have been with QVC since they first started and it is sad to watch what has happened. I still believe they can succeed but only if they can realize that things need to change. "Usual groove" is not something I would want to hear if I was in charge of programming .

Valued Contributor

Re: ITKWM Saturday 1/4

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

I think this is a good example of why QVC has many different hosts and personalities; each customer has different levels of preferences for presentation styles. In my view, Julia was her usual cackling, shouting self with lots of random side comments and not enough detail in the product descriptions (so it was nice to have a lot of seasoned vendors on the show helping her). After about an hour, I couldn't even bear to have the show on in the background while multi-tasking and had to turn it off. I do think Julia has potential, but it has been a few months now and I haven't seen any significant changes in her demeanor or behavior. Even if she could simply be less loud and more focused, that would be a great improvement.

With all the vacations ending, it will be nice to settle back into the usual groove of David on his show and Mary on hers, with Stacey and Julia in supporting roles. Whether any of these hosts is your favorite or not, at least we all know what to expect from them and their antics, good or bad.

Now if only QVC would allow them to highlight a greater variety of items on all these kitchen shows . . . and I'm talking about new and unique cooking, baking, dining, entertaining, and food products, not more vacuum cleaners and security systems! Smiley Embarassed Smiley Happy

@loriqvc  ITA and well said--I refuse to watch her! I have NO idea how anyone could even watch one minute of her loud antics, let alone a full show! lol

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

When Julia became Mary's permanent sidekick host in ITKWM I watched and thought, Wow! She's great in this setting!  I like Mary and appreciate her genuine, raucous humor and fun personality.  Julia has had a bumpy start because she is rather loud and laughs quite a bit, but pairing her with Mary was genius!  She and Mary work very well together, and the vendors seem to have a very good time with them.

I thought Julia's first solo ITKWM show went very well and Julia was able to maintain her fun personality, while still doing a good job as host.  I realize she will never be everyone's cup of tea, but no host is.  I'm glad there's no cookie-cutter rule to hosts at the Q.  Will Julia be good selling jewelry or beauty products?  Only time will tell.

Esteemed Contributor

That's why there's rarely any "discussion" of a host.

It's usually just posters stating their opinions of the host in question: I like her, I don't like her.

And that's to be expected.  I like several which I know are generally frowned upon here and don't care much for some of the most adored ones.  

That's just the way it works.