Contributor

Doesn't the Q in QVC stand for Quality? Apparently no one checks items before they are shipped. I bought the ITKWD mugs (purple), received them yesterday and one of the handles isn't painted. So now a trip to the post office to send them back.

Honored Contributor

@denhamI would wish that kind of thing would not happen, but my understanding of quality control has never been such that each and every item was opened and checked in the warehouse.   Someone who has worked quality control for a mass marketer might be able to tell us how it really works.

BTW-  as far back as the mid 1990's when I first started buying from QVC, quality control never meant that what arrived at my house was in perfect condition.  Everything wasn't perfect even then -  nostalgia just makes it so.  It was and for me is still true that QVC has the best products among any of the TV shopping sites.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't buy them but in reading the reviews there seemed to be a problem with the eggplant(purple).  Maybe they were done at a different plant.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@denhamI would wish that kind of thing would not happen, but my understanding of quality control has never been such that each and every item was opened and checked in the warehouse.   Someone who has worked quality control for a mass marketer might be able to tell us how it really works.

BTW-  as far back as the mid 1990's when I first started buying from QVC, quality control never meant that what arrived at my house was in perfect condition.  Everything wasn't perfect even then -  nostalgia just makes it so.  It was and for me is still true that QVC has the best products among any of the TV shopping sites.

@millieshops 

I can't believe you haven't heard the spiel from the vendors saying that QVC holds them to a high high standard for quality and QVC is soooooo picky....Thats what the vendors say, but I guess it aint so.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Quality control does not mean every piece in an item is checked.  For example a company may use the number 100, every 100th batch is sent to QC.  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

The term my QC people used was "statistical sampling".  I never thought that every single item being sold was being inspected.

Respected Contributor

Let cs know it is defective, mark it as such. At least 

you won’t be out s&h.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine arrived yesterday and they are perfect! I am so sorry you had this issue. Thank goodness for free exchanges. You wont really be returning because you are "exchanging" for another set.

Davids mugs.jpgDavids mugs 2.jpg

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

JUST WHAT I DO NOT NEED MORE MUGS  LOL 

Valued Contributor

why are you enriching so called celebrities by buying their products?  Some are good and reasonable prices with decent quality other than that all are over priced because of the name associated with it