Contributor

ITKWD - David and his "turkey" sound

Sorry that this is a small rant...

David has got to stop making that turkey sound...it's beyond irritating, as in fingernails on a chalkboard.

Granted he does crazy (and I am now one of many that cannot watch him eat any longer) but this sound simply has to stop.

I had to vent because I can't take it anymore.

Super Contributor

Re: ITKWD - David and his "turkey" sound

Different strokes for different folks...I'm enjoying the gobble...gobble.

Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

Well he does it better than a real turkey!  LOL     However, you best find a good book to read because it won't stop until after Christmas - - or  - - mute your TV.  It ain't gonna stop as he's very proud of it.

Occasional Contributor

It's not funny, I woke up with a headache and that's the last thing I want to hear. 

Honored Contributor

LOL - you wouldn't want to live where I do.  We have flocks of wild turkeys everywhere.  Woman LOL

Aspirin???

Respected Contributor

I think David's "turkey gobble gobble" is the least annoying thing he does. In fact , if he would stop the "Happy Dance" ,googly eyes and yum yum face, he can gobble until New Years and I would not care.  It is a pretty fine imitation of a turkey,LOL.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me.  I like that he enjoys his job.

Honored Contributor

If I were David's employer, I'd tell him to keep right on  keeping on because he seems to be one of my most successful salespeople right now.

Some days when thousands and thousands of an item on the air for the umteenth time come to his show, I'll think, he probably can't sell many more of them -  and then he does-  maybe 5,000 an hour even.

I'm sure because I've seen it so often that some of his antics annoy some people.  Others love him --and it really doesn't matter which group you're in because attention is attention whether it's positive or negative and lotrs of posters must be watching David at least for a few minutes.  I wouldn't even have known he was making turkey sounds if I hadn't seen it here. 

As I started with -  If I were paying his salary, I'd be happy to keep right on paying!

Esteemed Contributor

@HGinLA wrote:

Sorry that this is a small rant...

David has got to stop making that turkey sound...it's beyond irritating, as in fingernails on a chalkboard.

Granted he does crazy (and I am now one of many that cannot watch him eat any longer) but this sound simply has to stop.

I had to vent because I can't take it anymore.

This is not meant to be a mean reply but, why are you watching his show if you can't stand what he does????? ..... There are hundreds of other programs on cable that you can watch.... I happen to enjoy watching David on Sunday afternoon & Wednesday evening ..... I have purchased many great kitchen items that were demonstrated on his show. 

Valued Contributor

It's a short season of the year for "Talkin' Turkey."  It doesn't bother me.  There are far more annoying things that host do and say every day, year after year.  A Thanksgiving antic is almost refreshing. 

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."