Honored Contributor

Re: ITKWD Curious Question

[ Edited ]

@DottieD wrote:

Last night I had David's show on more as background noise than anything else.  As I was in the kitchen, I noticed that most, if not all of his talking points were the same for each and every product.  The lines are busy, run down of colors and quantities sold, etc. It bordered on manic.  It was much more noticeable when I was just listening to it, instead of actually watching it.

@DottieD 

David's spiel ---colors/quantities--- is getting really old, stale, and repetitive..............I rarely watch any more...and will check "items previously aired"

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@sashamatthews  ..... Not necessarily. With the amount of money they have invested in him and his cookbooks and other "logo" products they may feel the need to have him in the spotlight as much as possible hoping to keep his fan base interest and draw new viewers to watch him. It is a risk. Seeing too much of any of the hosts can produce the opposite effect. Losing the viewers interest in David would hurt QVC not only in merchandise sales during his shows but everything that has his name on it. A smart company does not depend on one person to bring up revenue. 

Respected Contributor

Many of us got caught in the "trap" of buying items because the hosts said they owned them or how great the items were even it meant we went into credit card debt. Sadly we dont have the income to sustain this kind of spending like the hosts make.  I hope others come to learn that these people are not our friends not matter how friendly they may be on Tv. They are sellers, just like used car salesmen. Their motivation is to make a profit for their employer and get big bonuses while the elderly on social security go into hock.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

For me it isn't the dancing so much as it is the obsessive behavior about colors having to be removed immediately.  I don't get it.....but it seems to perturb him greatly.

@Johnnyeager 

The happy dance doesnt bother me, its what you said  the OBSESSION and CONSTANTLY going through  COLORS that irrirtates me......Woman Frustrated  And yes its a bit funny how he insists someone come out IMMEDIATELY and remove a color thats sold out.....Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I love David because he saves me money!  Since those shows are the same and blah blah blah, I haven't watched one in years.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Many of us got caught in the "trap" of buying items because the hosts said they owned them or how great the items were even it meant we went into credit card debt. Sadly we dont have the income to sustain this kind of spending like the hosts make.  I hope others come to learn that these people are not our friends not matter how friendly they may be on Tv. They are sellers, just like used car salesmen. Their motivation is to make a profit for their employer and get big bonuses while the elderly on social security go into hock.

@Reever 

To me its a big TURN OFF when the hosts say how many of an item they own.... I buy a product because it's something that would save me time and help me be more efficient, or is an upgrade of an outdated item I own, or a clothing item that would meet a need and is my  style........

Honored Contributor

ITKWD--same stuff every week.  I too am so tired of going through the colors and number left over and over again.  Plus the waiting for a stage person to come and take an item away is just silly and a waste of time.  I record the show and fast forward a lot and now seldom even finish watching the recording.

Contributor

I have to agree with so many of you, David is very likeable and excellent at his job BUT he has definately changed his sale technic, he focuses way to much on " and how many sold in this show?" as if he is bragging and repeatedly doing colors....I too turn the channel when presenting TSV'S, the time spent on them is overkill!!!  The only time I don't mind is when locknlock is the TSV. I could never get tired of Chris Pryme and today is my day to watch with the locknlock tsv.Yippee!!