Honored Contributor

Re: IT'S CERTAINLY NOT A FIESTA AT QVC THIS WEEKEND!

Oy, when I order from Amazon it often includes books... Maybe I'll stick with Barnes and Noble for a while... Unfortunately, there are a few other things I'd like to get from Amazon and if you look, so much of what they sell is from a third party... I guess it's nearly impossible for them to better vet the vendors they permit to sell through them but you'd like to think they do...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 5/4/2014 stevieb said:

Oy, when I order from Amazon it often includes books... Maybe I'll stick with Barnes and Noble for a while... Unfortunately, there are a few other things I'd like to get from Amazon and if you look, so much of what they sell is from a third party... I guess it's nearly impossible for them to better vet the vendors they permit to sell through them but you'd like to think they do...

Yes It seems that Amazon would screen their vendors more carefully to retain the integrity of their business ---I think Ebay has a more stringent vendor screening process and complaints are taken very seriously (my friend's daughter used to sell on Ebay)....

And my experience isn't the only negative one...other vendors are on the shady side too---a friend was looking for a new Forever Free lady leg shaver---the Q stopped selling them, so she ordered one from Amazon---it even had a picture of the item for sale which even said FOREVER FREE on it, but when she got it---it was a cheap knock off and NOT a FOREVER FREE brand--and when she put up a negative review it was surprisingly taken down...{#emotions_dlg.angry} I told her to order from the Forever Free website directly (that is where I got mine---)......So it appears the quality and integrity of vendors, and quality of merchandise is starting to crumble at the big A .....it seems that successful retailers suddenly get greedy and sloppy and destroy their business ...why do they do this, we've seen it over and over.. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

They (and others) are now dealing with so blessed many third party vendors I guess it's hard to verify them and of course all it takes is one shady employee working for one of the vendors to mess up the whole thing... I guess you really can't win because even shopping brick and mortar you're not safe from dicey employees... Whatever happened to this world we live in? For heaven's sake, I remember when dishonesty was the exception rather than the rule.

Honored Contributor

On 5/4/2014 SPURT said:
On 4/30/2014 stevieb said:

Sorry to say, Spurt, I think home shopping is really floundering. Shop HQ, the Q and HSN can (and clearly are going to) do whatever they want, but I haven't bought anything from HSN in months, likewise, SHQ (only it's been even longer), and QVC is beginning to fall in the same boat. Likewise, I barely watch QVC anymore, can't remember the last time I turned on HSN and I watched SHQ very briefly a few weeks ago when they were showing jewelry. The hosts, vendors and products weren't much to my liking so I didn't watch for long... On the other hand, in the last few weeks, I've shopped on-line at Amazon, Banana Republic, Anne Klein, Macy's and so on and have gone to TJ Maxx, Home Goods, Bed-Bath and Beyond, Lowe's, etc... Home shopping was fun for a while, and like I keep saying, shopping is supposed to be fun, but increasingly home shopping just isn't. It's up to them, really, and they keep falling flat on their faces, at least as far as I'm concerned. Between the awful programming, the frantic hosts, the seeming lack of stock, the high shipping, and so on, it just all begins to seem like a colossal waste of time.

It’s all just so predictable, the programs, the formats, the hosts, the sales tactics, the prices, the whole enchilada... And with QVC, there’s rarely ever a real sale price, rarely a shipping deal, it’s just the same thing day in and day out and they never, ever do anything to shake it all up a little. They really need to. They really do, and badly.

Yep, I'm doing more local shopping too.....

Oh I pass this info on to you.....I also shop Amazon and my credit card that I use for online shopping was compromised....luckily I got a call from the credit card monitor folks ..... and they canceled the card and took off a fraudulent transaction....he said the culprit was Amazon's private vendors (he said Amazon is getting more and more like Ebay with these private vendors)... ....from now on I'm only buying products that are purchased directly from Amazon....and all I did was purchase a book for $8.02!!! {#emotions_dlg.mad} So be careful.....BTW I've never had a problem with Ebay....go figure....

an alternative for Amazon if you don't want your CC in there is to buy a gift certificate for your self and use that to buy with, which is what I do then delete your CC info

Honored Contributor

Sorry to say, Spurt, I think home shopping is really floundering. Shop HQ, the Q and HSN can (and clearly are going to) do whatever they want, but I haven't bought anything from HSN in months, likewise, SHQ (only it's been even longer), and QVC is beginning to fall in the same boat. Likewise, I barely watch QVC anymore, can't remember the last time I turned on HSN and I watched SHQ very briefly a few weeks ago when they were showing jewelry. The hosts, vendors and products weren't much to my liking so I didn't watch for long... On the other hand, in the last few weeks, I've shopped on-line at Amazon, Banana Republic, Anne Klein, Macy's and so on and have gone to TJ Maxx, Home Goods, Bed-Bath and Beyond, Lowe's, etc... Home shopping was fun for a while, and like I keep saying, shopping is supposed to be fun, but increasingly home shopping just isn't. It's up to them, really, and they keep falling flat on their faces, at least as far as I'm concerned. Between the awful programming, the frantic hosts, the seeming lack of stock, the high shipping, and so on, it just all begins to seem like a colossal waste of time.

It’s all just so predictable, the programs, the formats, the hosts, the sales tactics, the prices, the whole enchilada... And with QVC, there’s rarely ever a real sale price, rarely a shipping deal, it’s just the same thing day in and day out and they never, ever do anything to shake it all up a little. They really need to. They really do, and badly.

ITA and unfortunately by the time they figure it out that there is a problem, it will be too late, as long as the punters keep buying now, it is OK in Q land

Honored Contributor

On 5/6/2014 jackthebear said:
On 5/4/2014 SPURT said:

Oh I pass this info on to you.....I also shop Amazon and my credit card that I use for online shopping was compromised....luckily I got a call from the credit card monitor folks ..... and they canceled the card and took off a fraudulent transaction....he said the culprit was Amazon's private vendors (he said Amazon is getting more and more like Ebay with these private vendors)... ....from now on I'm only buying products that are purchased directly from Amazon....and all I did was purchase a book for $8.02!!! {#emotions_dlg.mad} So be careful.....BTW I've never had a problem with Ebay....go figure....

an alternative for Amazon if you don't want your CC in there is to buy a gift certificate for your self and use that to buy with, which is what I do then delete your CC info

Good idea... I think I'll have to pursue that one.

Honored Contributor

On 5/6/2014 jackthebear said:
On 5/4/2014 SPURT said:

Hi jackthebear,

Thanks you so much for the suggestion, but that sounds like a lot of trouble to shop on Amazon, so I'm just gonna do my shopping elsewhere...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”