Honored Contributor

Re: IT'S BED TIME, SILVER HISTORY AND FASHION, AND CAN YOU STAND THE HEAT!

Oh and in case you didn't know... The mine is STILL closed... BUT, Dooney and the Q still have PLENTY (and I mean PLENTY...) of Logo Lock handbags... I'm just waiting for them to come out with one in 'Sleeping Beauty' blue...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

On 10/6/2014 stevieb said:

Oh and in case you didn't know... The mine is STILL closed... BUT, Dooney and the Q still have PLENTY (and I mean PLENTY...) of Logo Lock handbags... I'm just waiting for them to come out with one in 'Sleeping Beauty' blue...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I prefer to think of LL as horse chest plate clasps!{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I can't call it what it really is because it would be poofed.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

On 10/6/2014 SPURT said:
On 10/6/2014 katiescarlett said:Hey SPURT, did you see the Saturday Night Live spoof of IMTAB? It was a pretty good, and a chef they interviewed on Yahoo said it was too much blender to have at home, that he rarely uses his at home, but uses it every day in the restaurant.

Hey Katie..how are ya....

No I didn't see Saturday Night Live and spoof of IMTAB.....I was playing cards (Canasta) with some friends...

I found it on the internet and it had 2 women talking about a kale/apple smoothie and how it ground nut butters.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}...and it was very expensive, over $600 but it made nut butters--and at the end, enjoy all the ridiculously expensive stuff you own...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}A reviewer said the skit didn't work, but if you were a QVC viewer then you appreciated it.....too funny...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hey SPURT, I am fine, spent a couple of days up at the lake with some friends visiting from the coast. Water was still warm enough to go in and swim. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Their yellow Lab got her first swimming lessons which were a hoot as she kept biting the splash.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Was that bride photo from the Courtney Gets Married Q promotion?{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Love the kitty dressed as a lamb. My orange kitty, Tater, went to the vet yesterday with a limp - someone bit him on the paw! He was better this morning.

Yes, I agree that those of us who occasionally view the Q would truly appreciate that IMTAB skit the most.

Does Mary really need to keep taking those selfies?? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

Hey Stevie.....

Well I read something kinda interesting on the Homeshoppinista Blog....it appears that Liberty Interactive parent company of the Q, is splitting off QVC into a separate stock---and the interesting part ----the QVC GROUP will include QVC and Liberty's interest in rival shopping network, HSN.........And it appears that QVC's financial results will get more scrutiny from it's stockholders being a separate entity......hmmmmm. I know a long time ago there was talk about Liberty purchasing HSN and merging it with QVC......it does give one cause to pause...

http://www.multichannel.com/news/news-articles/liberty-interactive-moves-forward-qvc-spin/384430

This was from back in 2011.....

http://dialingwithpencils.wordpress.com/2011/05/04/examining-signs-of-a-hsn-qvc-merger/

Who knows what will happen or what all this really means but a tad interesting.....

As far as QVC's products--- not only limited offerings but threads on watered down beauty products, and formulas not being quite the same.....stones falling out of jewelry or jewelry not living up to standard even from the Ripkinistas....and of course the clothes quality has DEFINITELY gone down hill with shoddy fabric and inconsistent sizing.....and of course there are crazing and cracking Temptations....nothing but overpriced cheap quality qwap---or---The Dollar Store Goes Live ---but maybe I shouldn't be insulting the Dollar Store...and no moms to blame either.{#emotions_dlg.glare}

I just wanted to bring you some BREAKING NEWS---The Sleeping Beauty Mine is closed!!!---Imagine that!!! Now HURRY---notify Sue to put in the request for that Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Logo Lock!!! Wink

And yes it seems the Q wants no leftover inventory and wait list definitely seems to be a thing of the past too........

Oh and may I be the first to say MERRY CHRISTMAS as QVC celebrates HOLIDAY HEADQUARTERS today{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}. Working at home I have peeked in--- there were actually a couple of new things....but it's a VARIATION (lets beat an old formula to death) a Christmas figurine holding a mercury ball that illuminates (similar to a CIJ TSV) ---gee they combined mercury glass, a previous decor design and added illumination in ONE item---their "creativity" simply STUNS me! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.sneaky} There were some cute frosted cat and dog mini candles (and you will be happy to know they light up {#emotions_dlg.biggrin})--Now I did pick up a set of those for a couple of co-workers the candle along with a Christmas card will make a nice "little something" for some pet lovers on my list...The Porcelain Greetings was new (they do look vintage--but not something I need/want) The rest is more of the same---gift bags, window candles, wreaths/garlands, Mr. Christmas music boxes....and I just "can't wait" for the "joy of toys"--the lighted race trax and Flashpad---oh my I just cannot contain myself, oh the "anticipation"{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.....Looks like a couple of interesting movies on TCM.....{#emotions_dlg.glare}
---

You would have enjoyed that football game---shows you what the media and talking heads know---they were ready to ship Tommy out of Boston as a has been. It's early in the season and with the new Collective Bargaining Agreement limiting practice, it takes a while for some teams to get started these days-

I don't know how people do it on the East Coast since the late games they well, start VERY LATE.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}...That is why I LOVE our Central Time Zone {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} the late NFL games are still manageable, however, with the NBA season I HATE the West Coast swing when games do not even begin until 9:30 PM or later Central Time (I usually only get to watch a few minutes and just check the score in the morning)....and for those NBA fans living on the East Coast with that Western swing, if you work you can't stay up late to even watch the game unless you plan on calling in sick for work.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Better get to work---JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS (getting in the Q spirit) Wink....I know even ALL the local stores seem to be rushing Christmas and combining it with Halloween---SHEESH! {#emotions_dlg.glare}BTW Im glad to hear you plan to put up a larger tree for Nick...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

"We are excited to introduce the QVC Group which focuses on our leadership position in video commerce, enables a cleaner comparable analysis and provides for more targeted share repurchase and equity incentives," said Liberty Interactive CEO Greg Maffei in a statement - See more at: http://www.multichannel.com/news/news-articles/liberty-interactive-moves-forward-qvc-spin/384430#sth...

As a result, Liberty Interactive, which includes QVC and Liberty’s interest in rival shopping channel HSN, will change its name to QVC Group.

"We are excited to introduce the QVC Group which focuses on our leadership position in video commerce, enables a cleaner comparable analysis and provides for more targeted share repurchase and equity incentives," said Liberty Interactive CEO Greg Maffei in a statement. "

- See more at: http://www.multichannel.com/news/news-articles/liberty-interactive-moves-forward-qvc-spin/384430#sth...

As a result, Liberty Interactive, which includes QVC and Liberty’s interest in rival shopping channel HSN, will change its name to QVC Group.

"We are excited to introduce the QVC Group which focuses on our leadership position in video commerce, enables a cleaner comparable analysis and provides for more targeted share repurchase and equity incentives," said Liberty Interactive CEO Greg Maffei in a statement. "

- See more at: http://www.multichannel.com/news/news-articles/liberty-interactive-moves-forward-qvc-spin/384430#sth...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 10/7/2014 katiescarlett said:
On 10/6/2014 SPURT said:
On 10/6/2014 katiescarlett said:Hey SPURT, did you see the Saturday Night Live spoof of IMTAB? It was a pretty good, and a chef they interviewed on Yahoo said it was too much blender to have at home, that he rarely uses his at home, but uses it every day in the restaurant.

No I didn't see Saturday Night Live and spoof of IMTAB.....I was playing cards (Canasta) with some friends...

I found it on the internet and it had 2 women talking about a kale/apple smoothie and how it ground nut butters.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}...and it was very expensive, over $600 but it made nut butters--and at the end, enjoy all the ridiculously expensive stuff you own...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}A reviewer said the skit didn't work, but if you were a QVC viewer then you appreciated it.....too funny...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hey SPURT, I am fine, spent a couple of days up at the lake with some friends visiting from the coast. Water was still warm enough to go in and swim. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Their yellow Lab got her first swimming lessons which were a hoot as she kept biting the splash.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Was that bride photo from the Courtney Gets Married Q promotion?{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Love the kitty dressed as a lamb. My orange kitty, Tater, went to the vet yesterday with a limp - someone bit him on the paw! He was better this morning.

Yes, I agree that those of us who occasionally view the Q would truly appreciate that IMTAB skit the most.

Hi KS---I'm glad you had a good time at the Lake with your friends. I think it's fun to take dogs swimming---although the odor of wet dogs requires all windows down on the way back {#emotions_dlg.laugh}. A friend has 2 golden retrievers and sometimes we take them to a State Park in Kerrville (yes the home of Johnny Manziel's high school) {#emotions_dlg.laugh}. The park has a river and the female dog really loves to swim, but the male dog just sits in the cool water---{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Oh no---poor Tater!--did they say what bit him on the paw---was it just a cat fight or something else!!!---poor kitty-- I'm glad he's feeling better...

I think your right Katie---that dress could have been a prototype for Courtney Says I Do---why how could I forget that {#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink--perhaps an ancestor of Mark Zunino designed it.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}...

Have a good week KS---

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

On 10/7/2014 SPURT said:
On 10/6/2014 SPURT said:

Hi KS---I'm glad you had a good time at the Lake with your friends. I think it's fun to take dogs swimming---although the odor of wet dogs requires all windows down on the way back {#emotions_dlg.laugh}. A friend has 2 golden retrievers and sometimes we take them to a State Park in Kerrville (yes the home of Johnny Manziel's high school) {#emotions_dlg.laugh}. The park has a river and the female dog really loves to swim, but the male dog just sits in the cool water---{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Oh no---poor Tater!--did they say what bit him on the paw---was it just a cat fight or something else!!!---poor kitty-- I'm glad he's feeling better...

I think your right Katie---that dress could have been a prototype for Courtney Says I Do---why how could I forget that {#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink--perhaps an ancestor of Mark Zunino designed it.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}...

I've never been to Creede or Colorado for that matter----for some reason always stayed in the midwest, south or east coast in my travels....

Have a good week KS---

Hey, I had two black Labs, sisters, named...Katie and Scarlett. They would be in the lake before I had my seatbelt off! They LOVED the water. Speaking of water, I rode my horse through water for the first time for him! It was a small pond, not deep enough to swim, only about knee deep, but he did great! He is SUCH a good boy. Horses don't generally like water if they can't see the bottom.

The paw bite might have been from a cat fight, although he is pretty benign except he likes to ambush my small dog, Gidget. Too funny, he hides behind trees and jumps her. But I have a female tabby who was a spayed stray and she is a witch, will chase the other cats through the barn and beat them up. I am going to try to find her a home where she will be an only cat - does fine with big and small dogs, though.

Have a good week, too!

P.S. Do you know if the Sleeping Beauty mine is closed?Wink Maybe someone will make that the Pantone color of the year!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

On 10/6/2014 kachina624 said:And as Monty Python used to say.....time for something completely different---it's CREEDE SILVER sale encore---that's right---all the stuff they couldn't sell on Thursday's Creede Silver Day will be presented in this silver jewelry sale----- Why does QVC celebrate CREEDE SILVER----Beginning in 1889, Creede, Colorado was the site of a big silver boom. The first discovery was made at the Alpha mine in 1869, the boom continued unabated throughout the 1880s and early 90s. And QVC wants customers to discover, "sterling and ultra fine silver at low sale prices"....... Now this is an AMERICAN discovery, but I find it odd that QVC celebrates it by showing pieces of VICENZA Silver---this should be a show of AMERICAN silver pieces don't ya think------And here are some photos of fashionable women of Creede, Colorado--- THE LADIES OF CREEDE, COLORADO WERE VERY FASHION FORWARD-----

I've been through Creede many times, the last time on Creede Silver Day in 2011. It's in a rather out-of-the-way location in SW Colorado. It's only about three street wide on the side of a mountain with a mine at the top. Funny little town with many houses backing on a rushing creek. Fire department is in an extinct mine shaft (cave). It's been said, in the olden days people built their outhouses over the creek. Gives new meaning to the practice of flushing something away. That creek flows into the Rio Grande at the bottom of the hill, and in a gorgeous valley. It's an official Scenic Byway called the Silver Thread. Beautiful scenery.

I've never been to Creede or Colorado for that matter----for some reason always stayed in the midwest, south or east coast in my travels....

LOL....Outhouses over the creek--and I bet they used the river water to cook and bathe in too...{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

And the scenery sounds lovely....and I bet it is especially pretty in the fall too..

Honored Contributor

On 10/7/2014 SPURT said:
On 10/6/2014 SPURT said:

Have a good week KS---

Hey, I had two black Labs, sisters, named...Katie and Scarlett. They would be in the lake before I had my seatbelt off! They LOVED the water. Speaking of water, I rode my horse through water for the first time for him! It was a small pond, not deep enough to swim, only about knee deep, but he did great! He is SUCH a good boy. Horses don't generally like water if they can't see the bottom.

The paw bite might have been from a cat fight, although he is pretty benign except he likes to ambush my small dog, Gidget. Too funny, he hides behind trees and jumps her. But I have a female tabby who was a spayed stray and she is a witch, will chase the other cats through the barn and beat them up. I am going to try to find her a home where she will be an only cat - does fine with big and small dogs, though.

Have a good week, too!

P.S. Do you know if the Sleeping Beauty mine is closed?Wink Maybe someone will make that the Pantone color of the year!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Hey, KS, love hearing all your animal stories... One of my life-long desires has been to have a place in the country with a small barn I can just fill up with cats!

Oh and yes, THE MINE IS STILL CLOSED... But as you saw above, I'm advocating that Dooney release the infamous Logo Lock in 'Sleeping Beauty' blue... Will keep you posted on that... We'll comp you a few you can use as feedbags for the horses!

Smile

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

On 10/7/2014 stevieb said:
On 10/7/2014 SPURT said:
On 10/6/2014 SPURT said:

Have a good week KS---

Have a good week, too!

Hey, KS, love hearing all your animal stories... One of my life-long desires has been to have a place in the country with a small barn I can just fill up with cats!

Oh and yes, THE MINE IS STILL CLOSED... But as you saw above, I'm advocating that Dooney release the infamous Logo Lock in 'Sleeping Beauty' blue... Will keep you posted on that... We'll comp you a few you can use as feedbags for the horses!

Smile

Well, I hope you can fulfill your desire! I love living in the country, my house, barn and pastures are in the middle of the property, surrounded by woods. I have 5 barn kitties, and 6 dogs (I had 9 at one point) which is great because you can only have 2 in the city! Ugh! 2 of the dogs were strays, 3 I saved from being executed on death row{#emotions_dlg.angry}, and my little dog was rescued from the highway at the beach. Three of the cats were strays, also. Got to get rid of that sign in the woods that says "sucker this way!"Wink

Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

Have a good week, too!

Hi KS---those labs and retrievers really love the water..{#emotions_dlg.laugh}....

Wow I didn't know horses didn't really like to get in the water but that horse did that just for you KS as a thank you for all your good care and love.....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Oh yes that female tabby you told us about, that one that is a fighter, yep she could have been the cause for Tater's hurt paw...she does sound like she's better suited as the only cat in the household....

I'm sucker for animals too KS......I think that's why feral cats always show up at my door---word gets around...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Now you don't say---is the Sleeping Beauty mine REALLY CLOSED!!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} And shouldn't QVC be selling Sleeping Beauty Disney items instead of the Frozen characters....better product tie in don't ya think...Wink