Honored Contributor

Re: IT'S BED TIME, SILVER HISTORY AND FASHION, AND CAN YOU STAND THE HEAT!

On 10/4/2014 Remee said:

SPURT, my friend, good humor is like a good medicine so the Good Book says. So I don't get why people get so bent out of shape by it ! But then, we must provide fodder for those who need to vent, mustn't we ??? I fear they might shrivel up and waste away if these threads leave them bare ! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Well, I certainly appreciate all of your manpower in your weekly preparation, and I look forward to your cat antics !! I just get amazed at how appropriate they are for your exacting comments and wonder if you create them yourself for your editorials !!

Why don't people understand that it is so much better to display our extreme dislike for what the Q is doing with programming in the manner that you do as opposed to spewing the vitrolic complaining to others in the hateful manner that others so often do ? It would only be worthwhile if it brought about change, but aren't we so aware that isn't going to happen?

Why not let a bit of humor have it's way with us as opposed to stressing out and having

high blood pressure and related problems? Besides, how would I have the pleasure of making such wonderful friends as yourself, stevieb, and the others ? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

There is enough negativity, hatred, anger, and destruction of others here on these threads as in the world in general. I do appreciate your levity while addressing one of the most consistent, frustrating corporate displays showing the customer that the almighty dollar means more to TPTB than the consumer that keeps them afloat ever will.

Your job is secure, my friend! Your loyal supporters give you a well-deserved raise and a hearty pat on the back for a job well done !!

I for one, will continue to stand in line each week awaiting your jovial and clever annoucements of what I dread most !! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} At least I will slither off to sulk with a smile on my face !! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Thanks, SPURT !! Smile

Hi Remee thanks you so much for your very kind words and continued support.....{#emotions_dlg.blushing} Actually these photos are found by accident and are the real deal, there are just a lot of clever feline (and pet/animal) photographers out there and I just find those that seem to mach the dreadful QVC lineup...And I think of sense of humor can turn something awful into something fun......"it's better to light one candle than curse the darkness".........

Why do I do it....because there was a time when QVC offered something different in the retail world, you can go from city to city and find the same stores, same malls, same things, but QVC USED TO sell things that were unique and different. People used to ask---where did you get that, or that is something clever or cute.....Sadly, QVC has been transformed into one giant infomercial offering the same stuff you can get locally at a better price....or you can find better deals through other online retailers with cheaper shipping charges too...And they've limited their inventory to 15 items that are constantly rotated, and have turned something once fun into somethng down right REPETITIVE AND BORING! Perhaps the humor, rantings, or criticism won't make a darn difference, BUT you can't say that we didn't try....and if the Q ever does go belly up we will be there to say WE TOLD YOU SO! Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 10/4/2014 Remee said:

Hey guys, can we now add the Emjoi to the constant, overdone, over-rated boring repetitious programming in our rants ? I'd like to ship those things off to the Bermuda Triangle.

And how does that blonde grow such thick skin on her feet in a week's time after shaving it off on the brown towel every week? Ewwwww.....gross !!!

How that vendor regrows the callouses for yet another demo is one of those mysteries that will remain unsolved for all eternity.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 10/4/2014 stevieb said:

Spurt, it seems this whole advance order thing has many advantages, to them, anyway... First of all, they save on warehouse space since they don't have to stock the stuff and then there's the cash flow thing... They don't order it until you order it, so while there might be some cancellations and returns, they have some assurance of recouping more and so are effectively laying out less and for a shorter period of time... Unfortunately, it seems the better jewelry vendors aren't universally biting and so we get that steady diet of junque... Could be wrong, but this whole advance order thing seemed to coincide with the beginning of dear moms' tenure, though whether or not it was her brain, uh, child or not, you can bet it won't disappear with her.

As noted on another forum, I was flipping through channels looking for something watchable and stopped ever so briefly on the Marm to see if just perhaps something of interest had made its way into the silver programming... Almost as soon as I tuned in she started on 'the mine is closed' and so OFF it went... By the way Spurt, were you aware, HUGE GASP, the mine is STILL closed...

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

As for bags, I was looking through their inventory last night and came to the conclusion that this weekend's Dooney shows are pure filler... Unless they're waiting for today to unleash replenished colors and new styles, it'll be the same old song, undoubtedly including the Logo Lock and yes, like anything else, variety is SORELY indicated. Dooney has become one of those "ten brands" and is now part of that endless loop, the repetitious rotation of products and so no, I no longer even look forward to the shows and, in fact, rarely watch them... And yes, while you won't see me tear-up over the loss of one of their many flameless candle lines, especially since it appears they brought in YET another one to replace them..., I do get it that it's yet another option some seasoned shoppers will miss... As noted before though, I think they rely WAY too much on 'illuminated' items as an excuse for home decor...

There's a Big Lots near me somewhere, but I have to admit, I've never been... Actually looking at its location, I have to believe it's probably one of those stores that isn't created quite as equally as others, as it's in a pretty junky area and in a pretty junky shopping center and not all that proximate to me anyway... But who knows, maybe one day I'll get in to look around. I'd heard they were opening a store closer by, but it now appears Ross's will get that space and while there are some good things to be had there, overall, it isn't a favorite of mine...

But speaking of 'for the home', while I don't often do 'cute', I had to cave and buy some adorable little fall birds decked out with pumpkins and acorns, last time I was at Michael's and although they were over-priced, recently received Val's 'vintage' Christmas birds too... I have to say, both sets are precious and Val's are quite sizable and just too cute for words... My holiday decor, as you know, tends to change from year to year, as I try to mix it up and go for a different 'motif', and this year just might have to be a 'cute' year... or at least will somehow have to incorporate those rather pricey, if adorable, birds!

And yes, regardless of where one lives or where one shops, there are SO many options that QVC becomes increasingly less relevant, especially since they seem to be in absolute denial of the need for significant change... I took my mom to The Mart and Target the other day, and even managed to find some good deals there on things I'd have paid more for and paid to have shipped had I ordered them here...

Sorry DS was annoying, yet again... I keep telling you, she needs a meds evaluation... but hey, at least she was complaining about her hairdresser and not talking about her football angel, or whatever!! And speaking of annoying, someone has been outside regularly blaring their horn on and off for at least the past hour... It comes and goes and I'm half way tempted to walk down the street just to inquire as to what, exactly, is their problem, advising them that if they don't knock it off, perhaps the local cops won't be too busy munching donuts at the nearby Dunkin to pay them a little visit... WHAT is it with people and car horns anyway?!

Anyway, DO enjoy the NON-Q weekend... I know I don't plan to turn it on... I have errands to run and will do any shopping locally because, quite frankly, I'm done with this idiotic, repetitious, boring programming... Besides, even though it's overcast here, I'm decked out in sweats as it is actually quite chilly... It feels like fall and I only hope it stays that way and if the sun makes an appearance later, it might just be an ideal day to head out to the pumpkin patch...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Stevie....who knows if it was dear old moms or David M himself that thought of this "advance order" thing. I think you're right for all the reasons you so eloquently stated.....and then there's the lovely "bonus" of having to see David M's face on air BEGGING and practically PLEADING for people to buy this junque....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}SPARE ME! Ya mean the mine is CLOSED....why heaven to Betsey!!!! Cool

And not only is Luminara gone, but their replacement is just a cheaply made knock-off, and yes it is a tad annoying how EVERYTHING has to be illuminated, (as I learned from those good old decorating shows--there should be contrasts in decor and in textures, color etc etc) perhaps the light detracts from the cheap or skimpy materials used.....But I think the flameless candles are a nice option--no soot, no worrying if you left the candle burning as you drive off from your house, or falling asleep with a candle burning...and although they take batteries, it can be cheaper because some of the real candles burn so quickly and too expensive to constantly replace, while good batteries last a bit....so there are some positives....but I do enjoy both....

Why are Ross's so darn junky....it can't be the crowds, because Marshall's and Home Goods are crowded, yet these stores are neat and orderly....I think it has to do with the Managers....At Ross's no matter what store you have to wad through the stuff dumped in the aisles and thrown here and there to find anything...SHEESH!

It sounds like you and your mom had a nice shopping trip.....was it the Wally Word or the K of the Mart you went too....I do like some of the Better Homes And Garden items at Wally World....

So you are going with the bird theme and going whimsical and it does sound cute...they do have so many cute and different bird items out there for fall and Christmas....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I hope Nick doesn't think the birds are his toys....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Basically I go traditional, vintage, and whimsy but I do tweak and change things up a bit...some things I already have but use it differently or I add a "few" new editions (notice THE FEW is in quotes) {#emotions_dlg.laugh}....I am going to do something different on my coffee table and dinning room table this year....And I really SHOULD BE working on that closet to prepare...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}....and yes I'm laughing.....and I have to buy a tree....the branches at the bottom of my old tree had to be wired up and a few lights went out but replacement bulbs did not bring them to life--so it's time for a new tree--and NO it won't be a Santa's Best tree either---better trees and prices at Home Depot!!! I think the life of these pre-lit trees are anywhere from 3 to 5 years.....

Don't even get me started on honking horns, and add car alarms to that annoying list---and look at the people running to their car to make sure no one is trying to break in (PURE SARCASM HERE)....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Yep I learned that the NOISE POLICE are you friends {#emotions_dlg.laugh} A neighbor went away for the weekend his car was parked in his driveway....something happened to his car alarm it went off all weekend long, thankfully the alarm died down along with his battery) so he came home to a dead battery and a large pink citation from the NOISE POLICE! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

As for my DS I think she's always been a fuss budget and a perfectionist and just weird ....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 10/5/2014 SPURT said:
On 10/4/2014 Remee said:

Hey guys, can we now add the Emjoi to the constant, overdone, over-rated boring repetitious programming in our rants ? I'd like to ship those things off to the Bermuda Triangle.

And how does that blonde grow such thick skin on her feet in a week's time after shaving it off on the brown towel every week? Ewwwww.....gross !!!

How that vendor regrows the callouses for yet another demo is one of those mysteries that will remain unsolved for all eternity.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

And, taking a page from Martha (no, not the Marm, our Martha wannabe...), that's a good thing...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Hey Spurt, well it's certainly been an interesting weekend on the Q... No, of course I don't mean the programming, but here on the boards... First, there's the matter of the minor little contretemps here between those who seem to think the Q is just fine (aka, the cheerleaders) and the rest of us, who continue to wonder how more diverse Q offerings could possibly be a bad thing... Then there was the little snafu over in Dooney, between the contingent who thought a caller was rude to Lisa and those who thought Lisa was rude to the Dooney rep... Oy, honestly... Do you sometimes wonder why we bother with the boards OR the programming...?

As for my Christmas 'vision', it's too early to tell what I'll end up doing, but those birds are so cute... Maybe you should have DS put the question of my holiday motif to her football angel. On second though, never mind, as I have no desire to decorate with visions of Eli dancing in my head... Would SO spoil Christmas dinner, not to mention all those many holiday parties I'll, of course, be hosting... Gosh, I do so hope I don't end up with a whole drawer full of heel scrapers, because you know they make just the most perfect hostess gift...

No way David came up with the advance order strategy. Come on, Spurt, he’s far too busy calling in favors to have to be their go-to sales strategy man too! No, that smacks of something moms or one of her minions dreamed up…

No idea why Ross stores are historically so messy, but I have to say, some of the local TJX stores can be quite messy too, if one goes later in the day on a weekend, which I suppose is to be expected. Ross though, is almost always a mess and also they rarely has anything on offer outside of their home sections. At least locally, the clothing and handbag selection are nowhere near what one would find at The Maxx…nd honestly, most of their stuff for the home isn't at the same level either.

So you need a tree huh… Well, just keep watching all the festivities on Q and I feel SURE you’ll find the tree of your dreams… On a serious note, I’ve had good luck at Lowe’s… I put up a very small tree last year and will likely use the same one again, but do think about putting up a larger one for my boy, since he likes to sleep under it… My larger tree is on the thin side and is getting old, so I’m not sure if I want to get another year’s use out of it… I know I surely don’t want to have to buy a new one, especially not now that the fake tree manufacturers have caught on that they can get away with highway robbery…But we'll see.

Yes, car alarms are out of control… The good news is that where I live, if they go off unchecked for longer than about fifteen minutes, we can have them towed… Still, by the time one has endured the same car’s alarm going off half a dozen times, even when the owner turns it off within a few minutes, the annoyance factor has still maxed out… I get it that cars are expensive and folks want to protect their property, but really, isn’t there a time and place… and really, if you’re going to use one then have the good sense to know when the darned thing goes off…

Flipped over to the Q to see a presentation of the TSV and lo and behold there HE was, announcing that since the TSV had sold out (that surely doesn’t happen much these days) we’d be treated to a special hour of Dyson… Treat… Special… Rick… Dyson… Click! Off it went…

Wink

Honored Contributor

On 10/5/2014 stevieb said:

Hey Spurt, well it's certainly been an interesting weekend on the Q... No, of course I don't mean the programming, but here on the boards... First, there's the matter of the minor little contretemps here between those who seem to think the Q is just fine (aka, the cheerleaders) and the rest of us, who continue to wonder how more diverse Q offerings could possibly be a bad thing... Then there was the little snafu over in Dooney, between the contingent who thought a caller was rude to Lisa and those who thought Lisa was rude to the Dooney rep... Oy, honestly... Do you sometimes wonder why we bother with the boards OR the programming...?

As for my Christmas 'vision', it's too early to tell what I'll end up doing, but those birds are so cute... Maybe you should have DS put the question of my holiday motif to her football angel. On second though, never mind, as I have no desire to decorate with visions of Eli dancing in my head... Would SO spoil Christmas dinner, not to mention all those many holiday parties I'll, of course, be hosting... Gosh, I do so hope I don't end up with a whole drawer full of heel scrapers, because you know they make just the most perfect hostess gift...

No way David came up with the advance order strategy.Come on, Spurt, he’s far too busy calling in favors to have to be their go-to sales strategy man too!No, that smacks of something moms or one of her minions dreamed up…

No idea why Ross stores are historically so messy, but I have to say, some of the local TJX stores can be quite messy too, if one goes later in the day on a weekend, which I suppose is to be expected.Ross though, is almost always a mess and also they rarely has anything on offer outside of their home sections.At least locally, the clothing and handbag selection are nowhere near what one would find at The Maxx…nd honestly, most of their stuff for the home isn't at the same level either.

So you need a tree huh…Well, just keep watching all the festivities on Q and I feel SURE you’ll find the tree of your dreams…On a serious note, I’ve had good luck at Lowe’s…I put up a very small tree last year and will likely use the same one again, but do think about putting up a larger one for my boy, since he likes to sleep under it…My larger tree is on the thin side and is getting old, so I’m not sure if I want to get another year’s use out of it… I know I surely don’t want to have to buy a new one, especially not now that the fake tree manufacturers have caught on that they can get away with highway robbery…But we'll see.

Yes, car alarms are out of control…The good news is that where I live, if they go off unchecked for longer than about fifteen minutes, we can have them towed…Still, by the time one has endured the same car’s alarm going off half a dozen times, even when the owner turns it off within a few minutes, the annoyance factor has still maxed out…I get it that cars are expensive and folks want to protect their property, but really, isn’t there a time and place… and really, if you’re going to use one then have the good sense to know when the darned thing goes off…

Flipped over to the Q to see a presentation of the TSV and lo and behold there HE was, announcing that since the TSV had sold out (that surely doesn’t happen much these days) we’d be treated to a special hour of Dyson…Treat… Special… Rick…Dyson… Click! Off it went…

Wink

On 10/5/2014 stevieb said:

No way David came up with the advance order strategy.Come on, Spurt, he’s far too busy calling in favors to have to be their go-to sales strategy man too!No, that smacks of something moms or one of her minions dreamed up…

No idea why Ross stores are historically so messy, but I have to say, some of the local TJX stores can be quite messy too, if one goes later in the day on a weekend, which I suppose is to be expected.Ross though, is almost always a mess and also they rarely has anything on offer outside of their home sections.At least locally, the clothing and handbag selection are nowhere near what one would find at The Maxx…nd honestly, most of their stuff for the home isn't at the same level either.

So you need a tree huh…Well, just keep watching all the festivities on Q and I feel SURE you’ll find the tree of your dreams…On a serious note, I’ve had good luck at Lowe’s…I put up a very small tree last year and will likely use the same one again, but do think about putting up a larger one for my boy, since he likes to sleep under it…My larger tree is on the thin side and is getting old, so I’m not sure if I want to get another year’s use out of it… I know I surely don’t want to have to buy a new one, especially not now that the fake tree manufacturers have caught on that they can get away with highway robbery…But we'll see.

Yes, car alarms are out of control…The good news is that where I live, if they go off unchecked for longer than about fifteen minutes, we can have them towed…Still, by the time one has endured the same car’s alarm going off half a dozen times, even when the owner turns it off within a few minutes, the annoyance factor has still maxed out…I get it that cars are expensive and folks want to protect their property, but really, isn’t there a time and place… and really, if you’re going to use one then have the good sense to know when the darned thing goes off…

Flipped over to the Q to see a presentation of the TSV and lo and behold there HE was, announcing that since the TSV had sold out (that surely doesn’t happen much these days) we’d be treated to a special hour of Dyson…Treat… Special… Rick…Dyson… Click! Off it went…

Wink

Stevie.....and it's just not a few of us "malcontents" either ---go across the forums--- be it ---fashion, for the home, kitchen and food, beauty, handbags, electronics---there are so many comments complaining about the quality of the Q products and/or the programming. I just don't understand the cheerleaders's vigilantism against product and programming diversity---SHEESH!!!! Of course one of them is on a "personal crusade" because her friends left the Forum, so she is "standing her ground" and "refuses to be bullied".....meanwhile you witness the browbeating of other posters....go figure that one out......It does get tiring to read the same lame comments in their defense of the all mighty Q---and we've tried reasoning---that doesn't work, financial reports that doesn't work.....that's a good question, why do we bother....{#emotions_dlg.bored}

As for the Dooney dispute---I didn't see the show, so I'll let all you baganistas battle that one out....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

As for your motiff---whatever decor you chose to go with your cute birds I'm sure it will be lovely, whether you decide to go a bit whimsical, woodsy, or a bit formal....Now you do need to put up a bigger tree for Nick!!!!......And you do NOT want my DS involved in your decorating plans....(BTW the football angel is restricted to football issues only) my DS's talents do not include decorating....she always asks for my help and then when I give her ideas, she ignores the suggestions and goes with something well....predictable .....And then she adds those touches of Eli---NO!, you do not want her help {#emotions_dlg.laugh} BTW do you have a Tommy ornament on your tree.....Wink

When my friend got her tree last year we made the rounds---Hobby Lobby, Target, Wally World, Lowe's and Home Depot so it helped me get ideas regarding trees and prices and I will check out ads to get the best deal----Now my dilemma will be do I go ahead and get my usual 7.5 ft or do go with a 6 ft and scale back a bit---with a smaller tree, that size is still big enough for the cats to enjoy sleeping under it, it's easier to store, and not as heavy to set up etc, and cheaper, BUT a lot of my ornaments would not be used.....I will have to contemplate the pros and cons and come up with a decision.....and NO WAY will it be one purchased from the Q!!!! I do not need nor want a tree that could possibly "explode" or catch fire....{#emotions_dlg.glare} But yes, these artificial tree manufacturers are out of control---OY the prices!!!!

As for the car alarms---I can understand protecting an expensive piece of property---but really what good do those alarms do---when they go off I see no one peeking out the window, going outside to check on the car, or even calling the police---and since no one apparently GIVES A DARN, or pays them any mind, they don't really appear to actually stop a break-in or theft---SO WHAT THE HECK GOOD ARE THEY EXCEPT TO ANNOY EVERYONE!!! On my neighbor's car with the dead alarm and dead battery I was a bit nosey and read the pink slip the policemen left on the car windshield, it said, "several neighbors complained about your alarm that was continuously going off---call me!"....... {#emotions_dlg.glare}

I haven't caught too many TSV presentations, but for the few I did see, it appears that the total amount of inventory to be sold is less than it used to be so that might be a reason for the sell out.....And one wonders even if they do manage a sell out, how many TSV's are returned due to quality, performance, or other issues....BTW I remember reading a thread about similar heaters having to be recalled....here we go again....Good Luck to those that bought the TSV!

And I don't know what it is Stevie, but you seem to turn the channel just to time to QVC to see all your "favorite" hosts....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} And wasn't that "nice" of QVC to bring out Dyson, a "special treat" indeed! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} Glad I was watching football and it appears that Tommy and Company redeemed themselves....Wink

Valued Contributor

Hey SPURT, did you see the Saturday Night Live spoof of IMTAB? It was a pretty good, and a chef they interviewed on Yahoo said it was too much blender to have at home, that he rarely uses his at home, but uses it every day in the restaurant.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

On 10/6/2014 katiescarlett said:Hey SPURT, did you see the Saturday Night Live spoof of IMTAB? It was a pretty good, and a chef they interviewed on Yahoo said it was too much blender to have at home, that he rarely uses his at home, but uses it every day in the restaurant.

Hey Katie..how are ya....

No I didn't see Saturday Night Live and spoof of IMTAB.....I was playing cards (Canasta) with some friends...

I found it on the internet and it had 2 women talking about a kale/apple smoothie and how it ground nut butters.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}...and it was very expensive, over $600 but it made nut butters--and at the end, and I laughed when one of the women said, enjoy all the ridiculously expensive stuff you own...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}A reviewer said the skit didn't work, but if you were a QVC viewer then you appreciated it.....too funny...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

And as Monty Python used to say.....time for something completely different---it's CREEDE SILVER sale encore---that's right---all the stuff they couldn't sell on Thursday's Creede Silver Day will be presented in this silver jewelry sale----- Why does QVC celebrate CREEDE SILVER----Beginning in 1889, Creede, Colorado was the site of a big silver boom. The first discovery was made at the Alpha mine in 1869, the boom continued unabated throughout the 1880s and early 90s. And QVC wants customers to discover, "sterling and ultra fine silver at low sale prices"....... Now this is an AMERICAN discovery, but I find it odd that QVC celebrates it by showing pieces of VICENZA Silver---this should be a show of AMERICAN silver pieces don't ya think------And here are some photos of fashionable women of Creede, Colorado--- THE LADIES OF CREEDE, COLORADO WERE VERY FASHION FORWARD-----

I've been through Creede many times, the last time on Creede Silver Day in 2011. It's in a rather out-of-the-way location in SW Colorado. It's only about three street wide on the side of a mountain with a mine at the top. Funny little town with many houses backing on a rushing creek. Fire department is in an extinct mine shaft (cave). It's been said, in the olden days people built their outhouses over the creek. Gives new meaning to the practice of flushing something away. That creek flows into the Rio Grande at the bottom of the hill, and in a gorgeous valley. It's an official Scenic Byway called the Silver Thread. Beautiful scenery.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 10/6/2014 SPURT said:

Stevie.....and it's just not a few of us "malcontents" either ---go across the forums--- be it ---fashion, for the home, kitchen and food, beauty, handbags, electronics---there are so many comments complaining about the quality of the Q products and/or the programming. I just don't understand the cheerleaders's vigilantism against product and programming diversity---SHEESH!!!! Of course one of them is on a "personal crusade" because her friends left the Forum, so she is "standing her ground" and "refuses to be bullied".....meanwhile you witness the browbeating of other posters....go figure that one out......It does get tiring to read the same lame comments in their defense of the all mighty Q---and we've tried reasoning---that doesn't work, financial reports that doesn't work.....that's a good question, why do we bother....{#emotions_dlg.bored}

As for the Dooney dispute---I didn't see the show, so I'll let all you baganistas battle that one out....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

As for your motiff---whatever decor you chose to go with your cute birds I'm sure it will be lovely, whether you decide to go a bit whimsical, woodsy, or a bit formal....Now you do need to put up a bigger tree for Nick!!!!......And you do NOT want my DS involved in your decorating plans....(BTW the football angel is restricted to football issues only) my DS's talents do not include decorating....she always asks for my help and then when I give her ideas, she ignores the suggestions and goes with something well....predictable .....And then she adds those touches of Eli---NO!, you do not want her help {#emotions_dlg.laugh} BTW do you have a Tommy ornament on your tree.....Wink

When my friend got her tree last year we made the rounds---Hobby Lobby, Target, Wally World, Lowe's and Home Depot so it helped me get ideas regarding trees and prices and I will check out ads to get the best deal----Now my dilemma will be do I go ahead and get my usual 7.5 ft or do go with a 6 ft and scale back a bit---with a smaller tree, that size is still big enough for the cats to enjoy sleeping under it, it's easier to store, and not as heavy to set up etc, and cheaper, BUT a lot of my ornaments would not be used.....I will have to contemplate the pros and cons and come up with a decision.....and NO WAY will it be one purchased from the Q!!!! I do not need nor want a tree that could possibly "explode" or catch fire....{#emotions_dlg.glare} But yes, these artificial tree manufacturers are out of control---OY the prices!!!!

As for the car alarms---I can understand protecting an expensive piece of property---but really what good do those alarms do---when they go off I see no one peeking out the window, going outside to check on the car, or even calling the police---and since no one apparently GIVES A DARN, or pays them any mind, they don't really appear to actually stop a break-in or theft---SO WHAT THE HECK GOOD ARE THEY EXCEPT TO ANNOY EVERYONE!!! On my neighbor's car with the dead alarm and dead battery I was a bit noisy and read the pink slip the policemen left on the car windshield, it said, "several neighbors complained about your alarm that was continuously going off---call me!"....... {#emotions_dlg.glare}

I haven't caught too many TSV presentations, but for the few I did see, it appears that the total amount of inventory to be sold is less than it used to be so that might be a reason for the sell out.....And one wonders even if they do manage a sell out, how many TSV's are returned due to quality, performance, or other issues....BTW I remember reading a thread about similar heaters having to be recalled....here we go again....Good Luck to those that bought the TSV! And I don't know what it is Stevie, but you seem to turn the channel just to time to QVC to see all your "favorite" hosts....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} And wasn't that "nice" of QVC to bring out Dyson, a "special treat" indeed! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} Glad I was watching football and it appears that Tommy and Company redeemed themselves....Wink

I know, Spurt, the criticisms (complaining... whining... whatever) are across the board. There is a significant cadre of posters in every single forum all indicating essentially the same thing about the on-air offerings and you know, it isn't just about what's on-air, though that's certainly the crux of it... It's about the persistent narrowing down, across the board, on-air and on-line... Yes, there is more available on-line than is EVER presented on air, but even THAT doesn't negate the large number of brands that are no longer, many of which haven't been replaced at all, and many of which were theoretically replaced by incessant pushing of 'house brands'... Personally, I don't care that there are a couple... of cheerios wedded to their mantra that the Q knows all, nor do I care if they ever 'get it'... I've said it before but I cannot fathom how more choices would be perceived by any half way reasonable individual as a bad thing... The only answer that I can come up with is that among certain small minded individuals it's not about rationality, its about never admitting when they're wrong... Moving on...

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

With regard to that Dooney dispute, as you might imagine a slew of threads popped up immediately, sides were taken, noses got out of joint, the threads were poofed... There's a new one that's cropped up and again sides are being taken, and we'll see how long this one lasts. Not only was the 'incident' much ado about nothing, but the threads pretty much are too...

Will probably have a larger tree this year... I don't want a tree at all but would be perfectly content with the very cute small one I put up last year, which I loved. Still, assuming this mess of a house is in somewhat better shape by the time the tree should go up (I've given up having it actually well pulled together...) and I can actually find a place to put a tree... I'll either use my old 'slim' seven foot tree or find a reasonably priced new one... And yea, good luck with THAT!

No Tommy ornament decorates my tree... Actually, I'd prefer the real thing under the tree, but, well, we won't go there...

{#emotions_dlg.tt1}{#emotions_dlg.wub}{#emotions_dlg.blush}{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

And thanks for the warning, based on which I think I'll skip seeking your DS's input into my decor... Definitely...

I watched just a few minutes of the Pats game, wish I'd watched more, but those late games just don't sit well with me... Try getting to sleep after watching football for the better part of four hours, especially if it's been a close game, which this one wasn't and hence, my wish I'd watched more... I didn't have to get up early anyway, but did you ever notice that whether we have to get up or not, we get up anyway... Things sure change as we get older because 'in the day' (a distant relation to 'on the day') I could sleep at will...

As for the TSV's I think you're right... I think they stock fewer and fewer of everything... It's like they really are terrified of actually having inventory... They don't even offer wait list the way they used to, and it used to be that wait list was pretty much a sure thing, but these days it really is more akin to playing roulette...

Yes, I'm always thrilled when playing the role of a drive-by shopper... to tune in and see one of my very favorites! You know though, it gives me practice with that remote the cheerios are so intent upon us using...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}