Honored Contributor

Re: IT'S BED TIME, SILVER HISTORY AND FASHION, AND CAN YOU STAND THE HEAT!

On 10/9/2014 stevieb said:

Yes, I saw where HE had celebrated an anniversary, saw this picture somewhere, and heard David and Mary, amidst their other patter, wishing him a happy anniversary and telling him how valuable he is... Had I just consumed the quantities Dance-Man... did, I'd have hurled... and hurled some more...

I know we 'complainers/whiners' have pretty consistently pretty much taken the Q apart every way it can be taken apart, but I guess because I haven't watched much at all lately, I hadn't really taken a step back and looked at how awful it really has become until yesterday... I'm not talking merchandise or programming either, that's a given, but first, there was the marm rapid talking, flitting all over 'her' set, trying to act excited, doing the whole school teacher/sing-song, nasal, weird vocal cadence thing, with her big screen TV to highlight her offerings...

...And THEN there were David and Mary, again, her serving little purpose with that big screen (again) paying homage to all the foodies and him with that stilted way-down-deep-voice-thing taking calls from little old ladies, telling him how much they love him and he responding that he does it all for them, because they make it ALL SO worthwhile... Again, I'd have either hurled or needed hip boots to put that stuff out there... Incidentally, instead of spending so much time taking selfies, dear Mary, who really does put me in the mind of a younger, slightly more trim Rosie, really ought to either get some rest or find a good under-eye concealer (maybe the Marm can offer her something from Bobbi Brown, just her FAVORITE line...) because the girl's dark circles have dark circles...

Meanwhile, segue over to Rick, looking like he'd been rode hard and put away wet (do these people EVER sleep or does all the caffeine they consume in order to be so darned 'on' and/or 'perky' preclude that...) fawning and then fawning some more over Bixby for the two minutes I watched before I had to switch the channel or risk, you got it, yet more hurling...

I tell you, the absolute worst viewing experience I've encountered with home shopping has always been a toss up between the three ring circus on SNBC (now HQ) and that bunch they somehow rounded up for JTV, but the Q is now in the competition and that is SO not a good thing, to quote our true 'for the home' maven... It's truly frightening and not just a little upsetting to see how really bad QVC has become on so many levels...

Meanwhile, yes, of course, the merchandise on offer on every show I managed to make it through all or part of without, (yet again) hurling was just more of the same...

And really Q, do you get it YET?

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

And now, with the upcoming programming and the prospect of Lisa leaving so many MORE reasons to, well, hurl...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Re: IT'S BED TIME, SILVER HISTORY AND FASHION, AND CAN YOU STAND THE HEAT!

On 10/10/2014 SPURT said:
On 10/9/2014 stevieb said:

Well, for heaven's sake Spurt, use your grey matter... The Q is ALREADY selling the pourri and the Logo Lock (and selling and selling... and on and on...) at least MY suggestions enhance what they're already boring us to tears with. Meanwhile, YET ANOTHER line of mystery metal jewelry would be a NEW avenue for them and one I don't think ANY of us want to see them go down... As for all that missing copper, dear Spurt, one does SO hope it isn't David's troops calling in favors or doing reconnaissance...

But Stevie my friend.....YOU are keeping an OLD item going by re-inventing it....and we know how much QVC plays the OVERKILL card......we will NEVER get rid of the Logo or Poo Pourri now!!!! And the NEW copper offerings will be subjected to advance order only!!!! I could not believe it .... even Hello Kitty jewelry most at $39 to $49 price range were on ADVANCE order....SAY WHAT?????{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I think David M has his hands full---keeping orders coming from those Italian factories, scraping the barrel for Sleeping Beauty Turquoise (did you know the mine is CLOSED), and finding unique ways to sell bronze as a "precious metal", and pretending they are using resin to make the jewelry stronger, as well as calling in "favors".....how much of a facade can one person handle...{#emotions_dlg.glare}

ACK!{#emotions_dlg.w00t} the mine is closed?????{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call