Honored Contributor

Re: IT'S BED TIME, SILVER HISTORY AND FASHION, AND CAN YOU STAND THE HEAT!

On 10/8/2014 stevieb said:

Vintage Q Christmas... Oh boy, did you happen to check the titillating line-up featured on the Holiday Gift Preview show yesterday in the early AM...? Of course, I'd never watch it but just out of curiosity - and hoping against hope I wouldn't see what I expected to see - I looked on-line. Needless to say, while I wasn't disappointed in my prediction, I mean, after all the Q is nothing if not predictable, the offerings were, of course, disappointing...

The all start gift roster started out with (drum roll please) the ever-present and apparently ever-expanding, poo-pourri... NEXT...

Item number two..., ahem..., on our roster was an ever-exciting steam cleaner... I don't know about you, but as practical a present as this might be, it's not something I'd find precisely thrilling to unwrap on Christmas morning... No, this is the kind of thing I'd likely buy for myself, were I interested in owning one (I'm not) and that I'd probably buy locally...

Next up was the TSV, a lantern... The lantern was followed by socks... The socks were followed by (gasp) flashlights (we all just KNEW they'd have to make an appearance) and the flashlights were followed by a scarf and glove set infused with aloe vera...

At this point you have to wonder if this gets any better... The quick answer is no, it doesn't...

Next up was a microfleece hood, followed by a Garmin GPS (we haven't seen these in a while, and you know, let's all count our blessings for that...), and next up was a solar light set (you know, for that illuminated look...).

Still not enough 'joy'?

Well take heart, because the last two items consisted of a blue tooth wireless speaker and a Halo portable charger... All items seen before, many times, before and destined, one feels sure, to be featured many times again... All items that, well, frankly lack much of what many of us would consider to be the 'joy' of Christmas... All items that have probably been featured for several Christmas seasons past and will be for several Christmas seasons furture (cue Scrooge's appearance here...)

Geesh, and the Q wonders why some folks are already sick of their Christmas programming!

Why the lineup just has me singing Christmas carols {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I laughed when I read your post---because I got a lot of catalogs in the mail and the Current Catalog featured those charming flashlights in fashion colors and a Lakeside Catalog had a microfleece hood and 5 pairs of hunting socks (they had a deer on them) {#emotions_dlg.laugh}.....There was also Christmas lanterns....Hey did they steal these ideas from QVC.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} But no poo-pourri or steam cleaner (and yes if I needed a steam cleaner it would not make my Christmas wish list, but perhaps I would purchase it locally at an after Christmas sale).........

Hail, Hail the gangs all here for our endless days of Holiday Gifts....and I bet you just can't wait for the Host Of Gift Favorites, specially chosen by each hosts, which surprisingly should be just more of the same.....Wink

I think these programs would even scare those ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future away!!!!

The back to the future lineup is certainly turning everyone into a Grinch!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Actually Spurt, their mantra will probably be based on David having called in a favor to get the mine re-opened...

Now don't hog all those tickets... I'll just be devastated if I should miss this most very golden opportunity of a lifetime!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Vintage Q Christmas... Oh boy, did you happen to check the titillating line-up featured on the Holiday Gift Preview show yesterday in the early AM...? Of course, I'd never watch it but just out of curiosity - and hoping against hope I wouldn't see what I expected to see - I looked on-line. Needless to say, while I wasn't disappointed in my prediction, I mean, after all the Q is nothing if not predictable, the offerings were, of course, disappointing...

The all start gift roster started out with (drum roll please) the ever-present and apparently ever-expanding, poo-pourri... NEXT...

Item number two..., ahem..., on our roster was an ever-exciting steam cleaner... I don't know about you, but as practical a present as this might be, it's not something I'd find precisely thrilling to unwrap on Christmas morning... No, this is the kind of thing I'd likely buy for myself, were I interested in owning one (I'm not) and that I'd probably buy locally...

Next up was the TSV, a lantern... The lantern was followed by socks... The socks were followed by (gasp) flashlights (we all just KNEW they'd have to make an appearance) and the flashlights were followed by a scarf and glove set infused with aloe vera...

At this point you have to wonder if this gets any better... The quick answer is no, it doesn't...

Next up was a microfleece hood, followed by a Garmin GPS (we haven't seen these in a while, and you know, let's all count our blessings for that...), and next up was a solar light set (you know, for that illuminated look...).

Still not enough 'joy'?

Well take heart, because the last two items consisted of a blue tooth wireless speaker and a Halo portable charger... All items seen before, many times, before and destined, one feels sure, to be featured many times again... All items that, well, frankly lack much of what many of us would consider to be the 'joy' of Christmas... All items that have probably been featured for several Christmas seasons past and will be for several Christmas seasons furture (cue Scrooge's appearance here...)

Geesh, and the Q wonders why some folks are already sick of their Christmas programming!

Why the lineup just has me singing Christmas carols {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I laughed when I read your post---because I got a lot of catalogs in the mail and the Current Catalog featured those charming flashlights in fashion colors and a Lakeside Catalog had a microfleece hood and 5 pairs of hunting socks (they had a deer on them) {#emotions_dlg.laugh}.....There was also Christmas lanterns....Hey did they steal these ideas from QVC.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} But no poo-pourri or steam cleaner (and yes if I needed a steam cleaner it would not make my Christmas wish list, but perhaps I would purchase it locally at an after Christmas sale).........

Hail, Hail the gangs all here for our endless days of Holiday Gifts....and I bet you just can't wait for the Host Of Gift Favorites, specially chosen by each hosts, which surprisingly should be just more of the same.....Wink

I think these programs would even scare those ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future away!!!!

The back to the future lineup is certainly turning everyone into a Grinch!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

duplicate post....

Honored Contributor

I thought I would watch Bixby tonight until I tuned in early (David and Mary in the kitchen) and once I suffered through part of that, it was THAT MAN... Well, of course, off it went, but before it did I was just struck and utterly in awe with how really, really bad it's all become. David and Mary, (and the social media, of course) who I honestly haven't watched in ages, are simply beyond annoying in virtually every way they can be annoying... Rick was fawning, bowing and scraping to the vendor and really, really just came across as a complete fake... My gosh. I'm not one of these 'the hosts must be PROFESSIONAL at all times' freaks, but the lack of professionalism of the whole enchilada just seemed so very glaring. Along with everything else we've discussed ad infinitum, what the heck happened to QVC along the way? At least it used to come across as a sincere and professional outfit. This whole thing was like watching amateur hour does home shopping. My gosh, it's awful and it's awful on so many levels.

Valued Contributor

The all star gift roster started out with (drum roll please) the ever-present and apparently ever-expanding, poo-pourri... NEXT...

Still not enough 'joy'?

Well, stevieb, I guess by now you have seen the pre-purchase option for the TSV for Sat. - ANOTHER LAPTOP! ARGH! Will the madness never end???{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

On 10/8/2014 SPURT said:
On 10/8/2014 katiescarlett said:
On 10/7/2014 SPURT said:
On 10/7/2014 katiescarlett said:

Hey, I had two black Labs, sisters, named...Katie and Scarlett. They would be in the lake before I had my seatbelt off! They LOVED the water. Speaking of water, I rode my horse through water for the first time for him! It was a small pond, not deep enough to swim, only about knee deep, but he did great! He is SUCH a good boy. Horses don't generally like water if they can't see the bottom.

The paw bite might have been from a cat fight, although he is pretty benign except he likes to ambush my small dog, Gidget. Too funny, he hides behind trees and jumps her. But I have a female tabby who was a spayed stray and she is a witch, will chase the other cats through the barn and beat them up. I am going to try to find her a home where she will be an only cat - does fine with big and small dogs, though.

Have a good week, too!

P.S. Do you know if the Sleeping Beauty mine is closed?Wink Maybe someone will make that the Pantone color of the year!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Hi KS---those labs and retrievers really love the water..{#emotions_dlg.laugh}....

Wow I didn't know horses didn't really like to get in the water but that horse did that just for you KS as a thank you for all your good care and love.....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Oh yes that female tabby you told us about, that one that is a fighter, yep she could have been the cause for Tater's hurt paw...she does sound like she's better suited as the only cat in the household....

I'm sucker for animals too KS......I think that's why feral cats always show up at my door---word gets around...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Now you don't say---is the Sleeping Beauty mine REALLY CLOSED!!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} And shouldn't QVC be selling Sleeping Beauty Disney items instead of the Frozen characters....better product tie in don't ya think...Wink

My first horse, who lived to 30, is the only horse I have ever taken swimming, It was very weird! But if you fell off, it was no big deal.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Tater is much better today, paw is almost normal in size now and he is walking almost normally, too.

Yes, I DO say, the Sleeping Beauty mine is REALLY closed! I still think it should be the next Pantone color of the year. And the idea of selling Sleeping Beauty Disney stuff and tying it to the mine is absolutely brilliant! You are so smart.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I am just AMAZED by this news that the Sleeping Beauty mine is actually closed! Yes the Q needs to contact the Pantone folks to make Sleeping Beauty blue the color of the year.....

Wow Katie your first horse lived for a very very long time.......{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I am so glad Tater is doing much better. When I was a kid we had a cat named Licorice, she was an indoor/outdoor cat. Although she was spayed, Licorice was very territorial and got into fights with all the cats in the neighborhood.....she would get infected paws and scratches because of her fights.....and my dad used to wash her wounds in peroxide to reduce the infection (per vet's instructions).....I don't know what I was more shocked over---my dad doing that (he favored our dog more than our cats) or that Licorice allowed herself to get her paws dunked in peroxide without any fuss....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}.

I know, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that the mine is now closed.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

My mare was in good health at 30, she ruptured a major ligament in a front leg and it was a catastrophic injury. I own her 25 and 15 year old sons who I raised from the days they were born.

Funny story about your dad and Licorice!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

Oh Spurt, don't even kid about THAT. If that mine should open again, well honestly, what could the hosts POSSIBLY say to get us to buy that stuff!?

No, that was SO not the big, big, big, news... I hope you're seated because Marm's big, BIG announcement (gasp AND drum roll) is that she'll be having a live audience show coming up AND she'll soon be posting a link on her FB page to order tickets... I just KNOW you'll want to be first in line... Oh, I do SO hope you're logged into FB!!!!!

Incidentally, the rest of dear Marmsie's line-up included bedding, and, oh boy, YET another BL illuminated garland and wreath... I think there was a Santa in there somewhere...

So many things, but when they're gone they're gone..., as our dear marm told us several times...

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

By the way, the mine IS still closed. And did you know it closed 2 years ago? The owners wanted to concentrate on copper mining.

Richard C. Call
Super Contributor

I wish somebody would close her mouth.

Honored Contributor

Copper mining? I guess that means the next big wave of junque jewelry will be copper instead of bronze... Wonder when brass and recycled tin foil will make their appearance...?