Esteemed Contributor

ISSUING A CREDIT INSTEAD OF A REFUND TO ORIGINAL PAYMENT

I went to purchase something yesterday and when I got to the checkout portion I noticed there was a $46.74 credit on my account and asked if I wanted to use that toward my purchase.  I couldn't figure out what the credit was for so I called QVC CS.  The nice gentleman had to put me on line as he didn't know and then came back to say some were "inconvenience" credits and one was for the return of a pair of Anybody pants.   I asked him what inconvenience credits were and he said perhaps I had called to complain about something (which I did not do) and they gave me some credits and for some reason instead of refunding my return of those Anybody pants they gave me a credit.  I guess we all need to be very diligent in checking our returns and to make sure we are being properly refunded.

Honored Contributor

Re: ISSUING A CREDIT INSTEAD OF A REFUND TO ORIGINAL PAYMENT

@Teddixat, is QVC like some companies that when you return an item, you check either of two boxes -- one to get have your credit go back on your original form of payment or one to get merchandise credit?

If so, it would be easy to check the wrong box.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3wrote:

@Teddixat, is QVC like some companies that when you return an item, you check either of two boxes -- one to get have your credit go back on your original form of payment or one to get merchandise credit?

If so, it would be easy to check the wrong box.

Exactly. You check the box on your return form saying how you would like your refund handled...and you could accidentally check the wrong box. And I would have to assume if you forgot to check any box at all then QVC would likely do a merchandise credit. 

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped

that is possible.  Thank you