Esteemed Contributor

My other laptop has been failing (bigtime) for quite a while.  So, I recently set up a new one - chrome - still getting used to it.  Anyways, checked my returns online and noticed two items missing.  Emailed the mods questioning what happened.

Alice asked me when returned.  Unfortunately, I wasn't much help to her as I lost my shipping records under faves on the old laptop so that data was lost.  Did provide an order number for a sweater I also returned at that time which got credited..  (One sweater was huge and two were snug.)

Anyways, just checked the reply, from Wayne.  Apparently, the sweaters were too old to be returned, i.e., must have been ordered before the Christmas return period began in September.  Thus, no refund.

All right,  if I made a mistake, I can accept the fact that I won't be credited for them.  However, I believe if not credited for these two items, at least QVC should have returned them!!  (I can always donate them to the place that takes items and sells them to support a Christian school - they're very nice people and do very good to support these kids' school.)  But, QVC has not returned my two sweaters!!

Am I wrong in thinking if not being credited, they should be sent back to me?  Perhaps, I'm over-reacting, but I just don't think this is fair.  Does QVC have a charity they donate these items to?  If so, they should advise us of this and not just keep them, imho.

Anyways, your opinions please:  is it fair or not fair?Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

did you ask wayne when you will receive them back?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

@eddyandme I think they absolutely should be returned to you and that it is 100% UNFAIR that they keep the merchandise but refuse to refund!

Honored Contributor

Would you be happy about paying the postage to have them returned to you?  We, of course, have no way of knowing what they do with them.  I thought they returned them but I'm guessing they'd have very low priority in the shipping department.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

did you ask wayne when you will receive them back?

He replied by email so I just told him I didn't think it was right:  imho it's only right to either credit the items or return them.  

I only came across his response today, and emailed him back so don't expect a reply right away.

Esteemed Contributor

@JohnnyWasnt wrote:

@eddyandme I think they absolutely should be returned to you and that it is 100% UNFAIR that they keep the merchandise but refuse to refund!

I agree, but how can I prove it????  I know I put those two sweaters in the bottomof the box, but did not take a picture - guess that would have been a good idea.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Would you be happy about paying the postage to have them returned to you?  We, of course, have no way of knowing what they do with them.  I thought they returned them but I'm guessing they'd have very low priority in the shipping department.

Yes, @Kachina624 .  They weren't cheap sweaters!

Respected Contributor

I returned a purchase to HSN thinking it was covered by the Christmas return policy but I made a mistake.The item was promptly returned to me with a nice note explaining the policy & showing my purchase date...I appreciated that & think Q should do the same for you @eddyandme so ask & good luck.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I thought I read that they did return the item.  Admittedly it was a long time ago that I read that, so they may have changed the policy since then.

Also, the Rocky Mount fire has impacted returns.  If they do still return ineligible orders, it may be taking longer to do so right now.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme     considering all that is going on with shipping problems in so very many places, I can't imagine the chaos in the warehouses.  I suspect that anything that can't easily be accounted for just doesn't happen often.  If I understand what happened here, you left some warehouse employee with a nearly impossible task.

Should your sweaters have been returned to you?  I agree they should have, but I don't think anyone set out to be unfair any more than you were being unfair when you asked the company to refund money you couldn't provide a receipt for.

Asking is worth a try-- and your post reminded me to continue my personal insistence to file a paper copy of my order reports until I know I am keeping what I paid for.  I used to throw them all into a common pile and scrounge for the occasional one I needed.  Since the shipping problems everywhere, I actually file them now.  (And they say old dogs can't learn new tricks)