Respected Contributor

Re: IS IT "AGE DISCRIMINATION"?

@Snow Kitten wrote:

Dan recently posted he was let go because he was not "Hollywood" enough. Antonella posted a few days ago that when she was let go her sales were very high and her quality reviews were great and she beleived she was let go due to one person not liking her. 

I don't think it was a personal decision why hosts are being let go- or a business decision. I think it is a creative decision and what QVC envisions for the future. 

If Dan and/or Antonella  have a case they believe of being terminated unfairly, they 

have every rght to sue. Many people have succeeded in wrongful termination law suits.

Respected Contributor

They were LAID OFF ****NOT FIRED***.

Sheesh. Can't people READ??????

Esteemed Contributor

@SweetSpice wrote:

I truly cannot get over this!.........It seems that when you reach a certain age, these organizations have no use for you and with a point of a finger you are no longer wanted anymore!....I think it is "appalling" and as much as I shop at QVC, this has left a very bad feeling in my psyche to be shopping here anymore!  If this isn't "AGE DISCRIMINATION" then I don't know what is!.......Not even any notice to a woman who has been with them for how many years?...Incomprehensible!....I really will miss her and her sweet devotion to all her lovely fur babies!  HOW COULD YOU, QVC???!!!!

@SweetSpice   Go to Linda Moss home shopping blog and post.  I said some  things I know I can't say here,  and they posted it.  It is a good place to vent and not get deleted.  Most feel like me that it should have been JT

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus   You have to understand that we don't see it as you do.  What we see is many other Hosts that are terrible and they should have been let go before the two that were.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Othereeeen wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

Semantics. They lost their jobs. If they feel it was unfair they can proceed legally.

Regular Contributor

@SWEET spice I agree with your post. Many customers are seniors, disabled and don't drive! If you notice most customers that call in are not teenagers or in their 20's. They are older. QVC needs to keep some older hosts because older customers can relate to them.
Contributor

QVC sucks-this is absolutely a case of ageism! What goes around comes around, in the end everything goes full circle.
Honored Contributor

While it might seem that way, QVC is smarter than that. Technically, no age discrimination. My guess is that both were good employees, but they remained true to themselves and didn't play the game as well others. I'm betting that it won't be long before the guy at the top is gone. Look at how bad Christmas was handled on QVC this year. Wonder how many of those new customers who got free shipping are still shopping.

Valued Contributor

It may not be age discrimination per se, it maybe getting rid of staff who make high salaries.  New employees with less experience can be hired at a much lower rate.

Respected Contributor

If Dan and Carolyn (and the others) want to receive the benefits offered under their separation package,  they undoubtedly need to sign a Separation Agreement which includes a non-litigation clause. 

That's pretty standard.  There are usually non-disparagement clauses as well, so they won't say anything negative on social media.