Esteemed Contributor

Re: IS IT JUST HANUKKAH/CHRISTMAS TIME OR....

What's the point here anymore. You get slammed for any opposing view. Plus there are stalkers here. They live to "get" you. I read but I don't really post too often anymore.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

What's the point here anymore. You get slammed for any opposing view. Plus there are stalkers here. They live to "get" you. I read but I don't really post too often anymore.

@Nancy Drew   I have 2 stalkers who are on my butt every time I post...doesn't matter the subject. They find something negative, snarky, even if it's off the subject. At first, I'd shrink away and then decided that if they had to say those things to my face, they'd never have the nerve...hiding behind a monitor is so easy. I keep posting and let them whine!!! 

Trusted Contributor

I don't start threads, I just comment on ones already started.  For me, 4Q is super hectic (it's lunch time for me right now) due to my line of work not due to "holidays" (not my belief system, I don't celebrate them). 

Also, I'm amazed at the level of venom on this forum.  Wow.  My mores tell me to leave things better than I find it if possible, so I try my best to make sure my comments are accurate and as kind as possible.   I have learned a lot of wonderful things from people who post here so I try to pay that forward if I can help another.  

Valued Contributor

Interesting discussion and observations!

I do believe the holidays slow things down a bit. 

I also think that "new" board members usually join because a) they're upset at QVC and want to vent or b) they really enjoy QVC and believe they are joining a community of like minded people. 

Both groups of new posters are usually in for quite a shock, although for different reasons. Smiley Tongue

Another observation.....new posters will often search to see if a topic has already been addressed rather than start a new post. Boy howdy does that set them up for a bad start out of the gate! They end up bumping up something really old, and then they hear about it.

When I see a "bumped" old thread I try to respond right away that it's an old thread so hopefully the "new poster" sees it and also hopefully that it stops anyone from berating them for their mistake. 

I think if we gave the benefit of the doubt for newer members they may stick around longer and post more. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

I observe that about first time posters.  Many find the forums and want to vent on an issue, particularly at this time of year.

Inevitably, they receive a snarky comment such as "First time poster and you complain!"  or receive a "Bye-Bye" when they say they won't shop at QVC again (probably from someone who never makes a Q purchase.)

Thanks QVC Forum Welcome Wagon.

Honored Contributor

I just come here and read and post. Period. I don't worry about anything that goes one here; in fact, I rather like this place.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I think that very, very few new threads get created because the author frequently gets berated and scolded about the chosen topic.

It really has become almost pointless to try to contribute to most conversations, to the extent that they can be deemed conversations.

I see very few OPs that get berated or scolded.  Most of the time, the OP gets upset because someone doesn't agree with them, which is not the same as being berated.   Those OPs need to realize it's ok that some people won't agree with them instead of reporting posters or getting in a dither.  

That said, a couple of people always have something snarky to say.  For the most part, I just ignore them.

And there are a couple of posters who routinely receive a few snarky responses though I've never seen bashing or or berating .... like Johnny and a couple of other LR fans. I'm sorry to say those particular responses don't bother me (I'm human) since their adoration of LR is just plain weird and creepy.  Sometimes it's hard to take the high road with a sycophant.   

Super Contributor

I watch very little QVC anymore, caught a few minutes of AM Style today and that was the first time in weeks I have watched. I only purchase a from a few brands here so I mostly focus on those.  This place is tame compared to others I post at and I like that it is much more low key here. 

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Frequent Contributor

I think everyone is overwhelemed with holiday prepping but I also feel the meaness that so many folks are hit with for posting an opinion turns off many...there are a few posters who I feel just live to tear people down.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

I think you're right about the snarky comments.  I've been a member for a long time, but did stop commenting for some time because of the snarkiness.  Seems no matter how innocuous the comment, someone would come back either slamming the poster or making a snarky response.  It seemed that we were back in middle school.

These forums are great for getting answers to questions, no matter what the question is about.