Contributor

QVC keeps selling the IPAD, but I wonder why they don’t tell you that you need to have a special printer called an AirPrinter to print from the IPAD. They show all of the great pictures it can take, and it does take good ones but never tell you how to print them. Don’t you think it would be good information to have before you buy one don’t you think. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

I think anyone who wants to buy an electronic device should research what it does and does not do, and how, before they purchase it. One need not even be online to do so.

The majority of people who take digital photos do not take them with an iPad. That being said, Air Print printers are so "special" that basically any wireless printer sold by a major mfg in the past 6 years is capable. I bought mine for $80.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I print from my iPad on a cheap $50 canon printer that is wireless.

Trusted Contributor

I also print from my iPad with a wireless printer. Sometimes I have to run upstairs to load photo quality paper to that printer, but I can even print from right outside my front door or come home from a family event and begin printing from my sofa.

Frequent Contributor
That's not just an ipad thing, it's iPhone too but like the others have said, you can use any printer that supports AirPrint. I can print to my inlaw's HP. All I did was have my ipad find their wifi printer then I put in the password to access it. In lieu of that you could always email them to yourself and open them up on a PC. Or send them to Walgreens Smiley Wink
Contributor

That’s the whole point, if the printer you have does not support airprint, then your just out of luck. Why can’t they just tell you that if you want to print from the ipad that this is what you need. It’s never mentioned! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
There's an app (can't remember the name) for working around a wireless printer that is not airprint enabled. Google on the apple boards.