Honored Contributor

Re: INTERESTING INFO FROM PRESS CONFERENCE ON 1ST QUARTER RESULTS............

Thanks @Spurt... Actually, Mother's Day was to be a concession to the Q, of sorts. I ordered the bag and a Joan Rivers scarf. She'll get the scarf, but yes, I picked up something else at the far more reilable and reasonably priced TJ Maxx... My mother's birthday is in April and usually I shop for both at the same time... Actually, I often shop for both when I'm buying Christmas presents, but didn't do a lot of Christmas shopping this year, so there was nary a thing in my gift wing... Imagine... So I thought, as in the old days, that the Q might prove to be a quick, easy option. I learned my lesson... I'm sure she'll enjoy the (over-priced) Joan Rivers scarf, along with the body butter and pretty necklace I found locally. Needless to say, I won't make the same mistake twice... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Well Spurt... @Spurt here's an even sweeter, simpler (and shorter) version of the song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcYsO890YJY

@stevieb

Such a sweet couple.  They used to have a kid's show here Saturday Mornings and they used to show old westerns and this included some of the old Roy Rogers And Dale Evans tv shows.........ah memories......These days no more kiddie shows or even Saturday Morning Cartoons......Of course the kids could always watch QVC, QVC 2 or Beauty IQ...Woman WinkWoman Tongue..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Oh and @Spurt... No... there was no lozenge... tissue... gum... or anything else in the bag... All of the above were missing, along with the shoulder strap...

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Well Spurt... @Spurt here's an even sweeter, simpler (and shorter) version of the song...

@stevieb

Such a sweet couple.  They used to have a kid's show here Saturday Mornings and they used to show old westerns and this included some of the old Roy Rogers And Dale Evans tv shows.........ah memories......These days no more kiddie shows or even Saturday Morning Cartoons......Of course the kids could always watch QVC, QVC 2 or Beauty IQ...Woman WinkWoman Tongue..

On their cell phones...

@Spurt

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Thanks @Spurt... Actually, Mother's Day was to be a concession to the Q, of sorts. I ordered the bag and a Joan Rivers scarf. She'll get the scarf, but yes, I picked up something else at the far more reilable and reasonably priced TJ Maxx... My mother's birthday is in April and usually I shop for both at the same time... Actually, I often shop for both when I'm buying Christmas presents, but didn't do a lot of Christmas shopping this year, so there was nary a thing in my gift wing... Imagine... So I thought, as in the old days, that the Q might prove to be a quick, easy option. I learned my lesson... I'm sure she'll enjoy the (over-priced) Joan Rivers scarf, along with the body butter and pretty necklace I found locally. Needless to say, I won't make the same mistake twice... 

@stevieb

I bet your mom will enjoy all her gifts better  than that old QVC handbag!!! ....Sad isnt it when you give the Q a chance and they fail!

Yep, local stores have the better deals ...... my sis was looking for replacement earrings (she lost an earring who knows where).....I jokingly told her they had a pair very similar to the ones she had, (it was a twisted gold hoop).....she asked how much....told her "only" $394.....She said she would pass on the "deal"....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb

On their cell phones...

@Spurt

@stevieb

Why yes on that "marvelous" QVC APP..............Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a very, very cold day in you know where @Spurt that a real, honest to goodness deal is to be found here. 

Esteemed Contributor

So haircare is separated from the beauty category? And of course it must be WEN that is the problem product line that QVC does not mention in their press conference. QVC basically promoted that brand over pretty much any other before WEN's legal problems spooked customers.

Handbag sales down? You don't say? You mean the customer didn't want to shell out $200 and up for a leather handbag? If Dooney is doing well it would be a good guess that other handbag brands not mentioned including G.I.L.I., Aimee Kestenberg, and Oryany are the ones not selling as well. (Although if QVC is dumping Dooney inventory on Zulily, you have to wonder about that handbag brand too.)

And I also think it's a good guess that the Joan Rivers line isn't doing well since she passed. Maybe people aren't wanting to buy big shirts and overdone statement necklaces.

Respected Contributor

@TY wrote:

So haircare is separated from the beauty category? And of course it must be WEN that is the problem product line that QVC does not mention in their press conference. QVC basically promoted that brand over pretty much any other before WEN's legal problems spooked customers.

Handbag sales down? You don't say? You mean the customer didn't want to shell out $200 and up for a leather handbag? If Dooney is doing well it would be a good guess that other handbag brands not mentioned including G.I.L.I., Aimee Kestenberg, and Oryany are the ones not selling as well. (Although if QVC is dumping Dooney inventory on Zulily, you have to wonder about that handbag brand too.)

And I also think it's a good guess that the Joan Rivers line isn't doing well since she passed. Maybe people aren't wanting to buy big shirts and overdone statement necklaces.

Yes, the boyfriend shirt and that large beaded necklace are the obi belt of the JR line.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

@TY

And don't ya know that $12.95 shipping fee to "try" the handbag scares a lot of customers off  ......... and I asked someone what special packaging do they use that merits that high shipping price---and I've been told its just the same ole QVC cardboard box and the bag is wrapped in some paper and in a plastic bag---nothing special at all!!!  I think they hide the price increase in that shipping which shows that your really not getting much of a bargain and probably find it cheaper at other retailers---locally or online!