Honored Contributor

Re: INTERESTING INFO FROM PRESS CONFERENCE ON 1ST QUARTER RESULTS............

@stevieb wrote:

@TY wrote:

@Spurt

@stevieb

Yes, the absurdly high QVC shipping charges to try on a handbag and return shipping fees has got to be a factor when deciding whether to purchase a bag or not. Add to that the high cost of the bag and the limited number of brands available -- why wouldn't people look elsewhere and comparison shop?

Exactly @TY... I mean, come on... if you don't want one of four or so brands then you're out of luck shopping here... And when you think that you potentially spend $20 just to decide a bag isn't for you and send it packing, well who needs it... Talk about a twenty dollar bill alert !!

@Spurt

@stevieb

I think that is a $20 bill alert Pat and the other hosts SHOULD definitely point out!  BTW they are bringing in a new handbag line Dena Atelier on May 19th...............So does that mean QVC finally got sick of Dooney and that Logo Lock!!! Woman Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

All right... shocking, I realize, but I have to say that I do believe QVC when they say they are programming computers less than they did... I mean, I still think they feature them too often, but I see them listed in the program guide a good bit less than 'in the day'...  

Smiley Surprised 

@stevieb

Your right, there was a brief reprevie, but I can't believe it....just when you thought it was safe....talk about REVENGE.........QVC has scheduled TODAYS TOP TECH for Memorial Day weekend.....PLUS they reappear 6/3, 6/4, 6/10, 6/12 & 6/24.  Of course it might not mean just PC's they managed to work in some cameras too....last time this program was listed on air it was HP computers & Canon cameras! Woman Tongue

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@TY wrote:

@Spurt

@stevieb

Yes, the absurdly high QVC shipping charges to try on a handbag and return shipping fees has got to be a factor when deciding whether to purchase a bag or not. Add to that the high cost of the bag and the limited number of brands available -- why wouldn't people look elsewhere and comparison shop?

Exactly @TY... I mean, come on... if you don't want one of four or so brands then you're out of luck shopping here... And when you think that you potentially spend $20 just to decide a bag isn't for you and send it packing, well who needs it... Talk about a twenty dollar bill alert !!

@Spurt

@stevieb

I think that is a $20 bill alert Pat and the other hosts SHOULD definitely point out!  BTW they are bringing in a new handbag line Dena Atelier on May 19th...............So does that mean QVC finally got sick of Dooney and that Logo Lock!!! Woman Wink

No idea @Spurt and I honestly don't care. As has been mentioned, I can find all the handbags I need or want elsewhere, pay less for them and have them ship free or bring them home with me... But I must note, Spurt, that you're woefully behind the times... The Q and Dooney have essentially retired the Logo Lock... Yes, there are still a few options available, but the Craylola box of 64 is no longer... Instead, they've now brought it out in Florentine leather, at a higher price, of course, but in fewer color choices... You know Spurt, you really ought to be keeping up with all these changes, innovations and 'new' products... It really is imperative if you hope to get the most from shopping the Q...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

All right... shocking, I realize, but I have to say that I do believe QVC when they say they are programming computers less than they did... I mean, I still think they feature them too often, but I see them listed in the program guide a good bit less than 'in the day'...  

Smiley Surprised 

@stevieb

Your right, there was a brief reprevie, but I can't believe it....just when you thought it was safe....talk about REVENGE.........QVC has scheduled TODAYS TOP TECH for Memorial Day weekend.....PLUS they reappear 6/3, 6/4, 6/10, 6/12 & 6/24.  Of course it might not mean just PC's they managed to work in some cameras too....last time this program was listed on air it was HP computers & Canon cameras! Woman Tongue

Oh my @Spurt... Isn't June historically "Dell Days"... Perhaps that's why you're seeing so many pointless, boring tech items programmed in June... Personally, weather permitting, I'll be at the pool... And on those day when the weather does't permit, I'll be ANYWHERE EXCEPT in front of my TV watching QVC's tedious efforts at the hawking of dated technology for top dollar...

Smiley Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@TY wrote:

@Spurt

@stevieb

@Spurt

@stevieb

No idea @Spurt and I honestly don't care. As has been mentioned, I can find all the handbags I need or want elsewhere, pay less for them and have them ship free or bring them home with me... But I must note, Spurt, that you're woefully behind the times... The Q and Dooney have essentially retired the Logo Lock... Yes, there are still a few options available, but the Craylola box of 64 is no longer... Instead, they've now brought it out in Florentine leather, at a higher price, of course, but in fewer color choices... You know Spurt, you really ought to be keeping up with all these changes, innovations and 'new' products... It really is imperative if you hope to get the most from shopping the Q...

Woman Very Happy

@stevieb

OH DEAR !!! How will I ever go on now that the Logo Lock has retired!!!! cry-blow.gif

I guess that shows you how much I've been watching QVC and the Dooney presentations and must vow to watch the Q more to FIND WHAT I LOVE AND LOVE WHAT I FIND HeartHeartHeart Woman LOL    

Why of course, QVC would bring out Florentine leather models I've noticed most of the TSV's nowadays are the upper priced items and they put it on Ez pay to fool some into thinking they are not paying that much by paying over time....helps the bottom line ya know....Woman Wink 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Smiley Surprised 

@stevieb

Oh my @Spurt... Isn't June historically "Dell Days"... Perhaps that's why you're seeing so many pointless, boring tech items programmed in June... Personally, weather permitting, I'll be at the pool... And on those day when the weather does't permit, I'll be ANYWHERE EXCEPT in front of my TV watching QVC's tedious efforts at the hawking of dated technology for top dollar...

Smiley Surprised

@stevieb

I dont know when Dell Days are....when I flip channels all I see is HP.....but if QVC says they are reducing on air time it's LESS IS MORE, not MORE IS MORE!!---why devote an entire month to something not selling well---but who knows how the mind of the Q thinks............

Like you I will not be watching......by the pool sounds good sounds like a nice way to stay cool.....ENJOY! ......I have some volunteer events coming up................

Respected Contributor

or in the few cases where I've ordered clothing items, the label is partially peeled off and sticking to the plastic bag.  Makes for a lot of fun if I want to use it for returning items.

boy the CEO had to shovel hard for positive items.

Respected Contributor

really? on Memorial Day weekend? Sheesh well, again, I can and will find something better to do with my time than watch QVC and it is their own fault that I've gone that way.  I look online and may buy items that I like (I still like some of IM's slacks for work) and I always check to see if there is anything new from Linea.

If I buy a computer, I'll buy it thru my company's purchase plan, not with QVC.