Honored Contributor

Re: INTERESTING INFO FROM PRESS CONFERENCE ON 1ST QUARTER RESULTS............

[ Edited ]

Just know @Spurt that I'll remember to take a heaping (and I mean heaping...) helping of sea-sickness medication before reading any future pearls of wisdom falling from the mouths... or wherever... of our resident spin doctors... 

As for electronics, now Spurt, really, you simply must get with the Q program... I mean after all, there are new platforms to be explored... programmed... driven into the ground... 

I also had to chuckle over all the 'new' brands they've brought in... In most instances it was a big 'who cares' and in others it was just different permutations of existing brands... I mean come on, merely expanding, for example, the Ellen line to include Ellen shoes is not really introducing a new brand in my book...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I truly no longer give a rat's backside what they do... They've lost me as a viewer and pretty much as a customer too... This is one instance when they can see clearly how well that infamous 'business model' worked out for them... At one time, I was watching often, buying weekly, sometimes daily... These days, I never turn it on (any of the three...) and I'll go for months and months without even considering a purchase from here... 

Oh, as a point of information, my only recent Q purchase was returned due to a lack of quality control. I bought a handbag for a mother's day gift, only because it was at a clearance price and reduced shipping... Otherwise, as you know, I no longer buy handbags from QVC because I'm sick of their stale brands, high prices and ludicrous shipping... But I should've known better. It shipped without the shoulder strap... I'd say that's 'defective'...

No Spurt, old buddy, I'm afraid the Once Mighty has dithered too long, sunk too low, and I've moved on...

Happy trails to Q...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgw_yprN_-w

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

If I read this right...5 underperforming categories....electronics,handbags, kitchen, haircare, and beauty products....Well how about not showing dyson 24 hours a day...electronics that are 5 years behind the current product at double the store price....haircare and beauty items that are in dozens of lawsuits...handbags that cost a month's salary and you get used ones with tissues,gum, and heaven knows what else from someome else. Kitchen items and food that are cheaply made or moldy. I love when the hosts act like they have not had a meal in weeks and shovel it in. Jewelry that is plated or cubic zirconium for $1000's and pretend its real. 

My big thing is when I am trying to actually HEAR about a product and I get dance recItals, vacation photos, what kind of baby food a kid ate when she was 3, someone's 599th trip to Disney or where they are going on vacation again in 2 weeks when they just came back. Or better yet, we get a sermon or dr.phil show. How about getting back to basics like HSN is doing. Be entertaining, but sell your product. Don't be a 55 year old peter pan,flop around. Then there is an Ellen wannabe who is 45 and talks like she is 14. Spend more than a minute on THE ACTUAL PRODUCT and 59 minutes on how wondeful/cute a host thinks they are. If an actual salesperson tried this schtick in a reg store in sales like blabbering on about their kids or luxury vacation, they would either demoted to the pet department selling gold fish or be gone altogether.

Honored Contributor

@fuzzball76... When you're right, you're right... Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fuzzball76 wrote:

If I read this right...5 underperforming categories....electronics,handbags, kitchen, haircare, and beauty products....Well how about not showing dyson 24 hours a day...electronics that are 5 years behind the current product at double the store price....haircare and beauty items that are in dozens of lawsuits...handbags that cost a month's salary and you get used ones with tissues,gum, and heaven knows what else from someome else. Kitchen items and food that are cheaply made or moldy. I love when the hosts act like they have not had a meal in weeks and shovel it in. Jewelry that is plated or cubic zirconium for $1000's and pretend its real. 

My big thing is when I am trying to actually HEAR about a product and I get dance recItals, vacation photos, what kind of baby food a kid ate when she was 3, someone's 599th trip to Disney or where they are going on vacation again in 2 weeks when they just came back. Or better yet, we get a sermon or dr.phil show. How about getting back to basics like HSN is doing. Be entertaining, but sell your product. Don't be a 55 year old peter pan,flop around. Then there is an Ellen wannabe who is 45 and talks like she is 14. Spend more than a minute on THE ACTUAL PRODUCT and 59 minutes on how wondeful/cute a host thinks they are. If an actual salesperson tried this schtick in a reg store in sales like blabbering on about their kids or luxury vacation, they would either demoted to the pet department selling gold fish or be gone altogether.

@fuzzball76

Well said and I'll add a big AMEN!!! .....

And I think I know the host you are referring to---- whenever they pair her with Valerie Parr Hill the host gives her rendition of a family mini series as describes every family member's home and what they are currently involved in. Meanwhile the product being shown barely is even mentioned .....yet they wonder why revenues are down.....  Woman FrustratedWoman Tongue

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Just know @Spurt that I'll remember to take a heaping (and I mean heaping...) helping of sea-sickness medication before reading any future pearls of wisdom falling from the mouths... or wherever... of our resident spin doctors... 

As for electronics, now Spurt, really, you simply must get with the Q program... I mean after all, there are new platforms to be explored... programmed... driven into the ground... 

I also had to chuckle over all the 'new' brands they've brought in... In most instances it was a big 'who cares' and in others it was just different permutations of existing brands... I mean come on, merely expanding, for example, the Ellen line to include Ellen shoes is not really introducing a new brand in my book...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I truly no longer give a rat's backside what they do... They've lost me as a viewer and pretty much as a customer too... This is one instance when they can see clearly how well that infamous 'business model' worked out for them... At one time, I was watching often, buying weekly, sometimes daily... These days, I never turn it on (any of the three...) and I'll go for months and months without even considering a purchase from here... 

Oh, as a point of information, my only recent Q purchase was returned due to a lack of quality control. I bought a handbag for a mother's day gift, only because it was at a clearance price and reduced shipping... Otherwise, as you know, I no longer buy handbags from QVC because I'm sick of their stale brands, high prices and ludicrous shipping... But I should've known better. It shipped without the shoulder strap... I'd say that's 'defective'...

No Spurt, old buddy, I'm afraid the Once Mighty has dithered too long, sunk too low, and I've moved on...

Happy trails to Q...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgw_yprN_-w

Smiley Wink

@stevieb

Picture it Westchester, PA....as Mikey and crew ride off into the sunset while that beloved song is playing............

cry-blow.gif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt One could only wish... and no, nary a tear would be shed... At least not by any viewers with even half a grain of sense...

Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt One could only wish... and no, nary a tear would be shed... At least not by any viewers with even half a grain of sense...

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb

The tears would only be shed for the use of the beloved song...Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Well Spurt... @Spurt here's an even sweeter, simpler (and shorter) version of the song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcYsO890YJY

Honored Contributor

@stevieb

Sorry the handbag you purchased for your mom for Mothers Day was found to be defective!!!!  It was probably someone else's return and they probably forgot to include the should strap!!!  Were there any mints left in the bag or at least a kleenex as "compensation"..............  

But your a resourceful person and I bet you found your mom somethin even better locally!!! Wishing your mom a Happy Mother's Day! 

Honored Contributor

As a once avid customer, QVC has pretty much lost my interest.  I'll probably buy no more than a couple of items this year.