Occasional Contributor

What kind of company does not have anyone that can explain to you your credit limit....why it was decreased or increased. THERE IS NO NUMBER TO CALL AND ASK ABOUT THIS!!! Customer Service said all they can do is send them and EMAIL!!! WHAT KIND OF BULL IS THAT?!!!! I have spent way too much money here!!!! But no more!!! I will be returning everything that I can that I have had for less than 30 days because this makes no sense whatsoever. Whatever is remaining and I will pay off and not order another single thing from you. Customer Service had the nerve to tell me that the only number they had, if I called it they may charge me 10.00 to answer a question!!!! Are you people crazy?!!!

The new shipping charges.....please....don't get me started. And what is up with you increasing prices on items that have been out forever. I keep things on my wish list and I was surprised to see the price of two G.I.L.I. items increased about 30 dollars. People complained and tried to blame Lisa Robertson and she had nothing do with the pricing. To pay 100+ dollars on a shirt from QVC is the day I have lost my darn mind.

And why do you charge tax for online orders? I'll stick to the other shopping channels that do not do this and I can get current, up to date items from well known designers.

POOR POOR SERVICE.

OH SO MUCH MONEY I WILL SAVE GOOD-BYE QVC!

Honored Contributor

At some point, I'm sure someone will lambaste you and label your post a tirade, but as far as I'm concerned, you haven't said anything that's not true... and then there's the awful programming... I have no experience with their Q-card and don't want to, but the shipping and increased prices have rankled more than a customer or two... As for the card issue, you might try calling 'corporate' directly...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

The Q card is owned by Synchronicity Bank. You can get to their website by going to My Account and scroll down to the bottom to Manage My QCard. You will have to sign in and enter a password. If you've never gone into the site, you may have to set the whole thing up first.

Here is the contact info:

For Questions, relating to your account, please call Customer Service at 800-367-9444, between the hours of 7:00am to 1:00am ET, 7 days a week. You may also write to us at:

QCard
PO Box 965017
Orlando, FL 32896-5017

Valued Contributor

Lot of vendors charge tax on online purchases. If you don't pay the vendor, you are supposed to report it on your tax return as "use tax." At least that is the way it is here, although granted it is on the honor system. Even Amazon is going to start charging it here soon after a grace period expires as part of the package to get Amazon to open a distribution center. And if there is a B&M store in the state, they charge tax, e.g. Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowes, Target, etc.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

Yep, Katie is absolutely right about the tax part... Most online vendors do charge state tax these days... There are still a few who don't, but I imagine they'll be whipped into shape by those local governments, who just can't get enough, sooner rather than later...

Wink

Cosmic, nice of you to provide this information. It seems as though CS might have done so as well... As noted, I don't have a Q Card and although I've received applications 'to apply', I've never wanted to do so. Interestingly enough, years ago, HSN sent me the offer on-line, approved it in a matter of minutes and I had the card within a week... I rarely use it anymore...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
I pay as I go, or I pass. I had my experience with a credit card several years ago, and found out how quickly they can get out of control. Fortunately, I was able to pay the card off at a very low 6% interest rate by closing the account and keeping the original terms. Never again. I sure don't want a shopping channel card, or department store one. We have one used for major purchases, and pay the balance each billing cycle.
Honored Contributor

I don't understand why you don't just contact the credit company yourself to find out what your credit limit is. How would QVC know? The QCard is an entirely separate entity from QVC. They are offering to contact them on behalf, which is a little bit above and beyond. But you can do that yourself.

Furthermore, all you have to do is go onto the credit card account's website yourself and that information will be there. If you get paper statements, the information will be there, too.

As for sales tax - they charge it if the state requires them to. Again, NOT the fault of QVC. There are numerous reasons that some retailers can still not charge sales tax on online sales but it's probably just an exercise in futility to go through that here.

Sometimes we need to just take care of our own business and not EXPECT somebody else to take care of it for us, unless you have enough money to have somebody who does all this stuff for you. If you do, have them do it. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Any entity that has a physical presence in a state has to charge sales tax on purchases; many also have to charge tax on the S&H portion. QVC established a presence many, many years ago when they did their 'Fifty in Fifty' tour. The went to every state in a huge RV filled with their electronic equipment and merchandise made in the area. Those were the glory days of QVC.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The Q's CS can help you out with questions about your Q Card account , but unfortunately all the reps are not as knowledgeable as they should be. It's called a QCard for a reason , the Q isn't a bank, but they have access to your account so they should be able to service the customer.

Trusted Contributor

Bye, bye.