Frequent Contributor

In the kitchen with David is my favorite show.  Today I turned on the show and David

was selling Amazon Fire.  At first I checked the listing again to make sure I was on the right show.  Then I thought this must be the today special so they will be probably be showing it for about 15 minutes.  No, it was not the today special but might as well be.  This presentation was ONE HOUR long.  Where was the kitchen products?  Don't call this show "in the kitchen" if it not.  Disappointed I turned the channel off.  QVC is getting wierd and different and not for the good.

Esteemed Contributor

They seem to be doing this with all the popular shows....interjecting an "info" mercial about a specific product (usually TSV)........just the way it is now a days....so i also watch the live shows less.............

Honored Contributor

@pripirt wrote:

In the kitchen with David is my favorite show.  Today I turned on the show and David

was selling Amazon Fire.  At first I checked the listing again to make sure I was on the right show.  Then I thought this must be the today special so they will be probably be showing it for about 15 minutes.  No, it was not the today special but might as well be.  This presentation was ONE HOUR long.  Where was the kitchen products?  Don't call this show "in the kitchen" if it not.  Disappointed I turned the channel off.  QVC is getting wierd and different and not for the good.

@pripirt 

I can totally relate to what you are saying--What's supposed to be QVC's fashion shows are half filled with beauty and hygiene products...and they broke new ground presenting luggage on Saturday....I'm sure the Amazon Tablet, Little Giant Ladder, Cook's Essentials Pressure Cooker, and Dyna Trap Insect Killer will soon follow....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

What???!!!   No Germack in today's show????  I'm in shock!  It is on EVERY. SINGLE. COOKING. SHOW.....that I happen to see.  

Trusted Contributor

TPTB must think fans of ITKWD shows can't change the channel when such a product comes on.  I know that I do - whether it's a tablet, a vacuum cleaner or anything else:  I go away and come back later.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think...........Q promises (in some form) to sell X number of  quantities of the vendor's special price/deal    (Amazon)....if sales actually falls short of the expectations.............   QVC will extends the special value for several days to try and meet that quota. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

TPTB must think fans of ITKWD shows can't change the channel when such a product comes on.  I know that I do - whether it's a tablet, a vacuum cleaner or anything else:  I go away and come back later.  

----------------

I do too!  But I usually end up not going back to David's show.  I wonder how many other viewers do the same???

Respected Contributor

Re: IN THE KITCHEN

[ Edited ]

@pripirt: You must not be a regular ITKWD watcher because he showcases the TSV every Sunday whether or not it pertains to the kitchen (vacuum cleaners, mattresses, cleaning supplies, etc.). The only exceptions are fashion and beauty items.

Trusted Contributor

It was an exceptionally long presentation the first time.  Then they revisited the Tablet again later.  

Contributor

How about the never ending Cheryl's cookies and over priced cookie jar?

h