Respected Contributor

Insulting? What decade do you live in? It's 2022- why would anyone waste the TIME, gas, money, airline cost and more? Technology is great- I see vendors from home just fine on my 60" HD TV!

Trusted Contributor

It makes no difference to me.  They are not in person to the viewers, either way it's still on TV or on line.

This should not be insulting to anyone.  It's not like you paid to see them in concert or something.  I think people just enjoy being outraged.  It's like anger-- the lowest emotion to make one feel superior.  

Frequent Contributor

Confusing, it is, as to how the vendors not being in the studio is insulting to the customer.  A vendor in the studio adds absolutely nothing to the presented item.  To me, the times that the vendors have been "live and in person," have been awkward with the weird hugs and handshakes.  I actually prefer vendors stay home.   

Respected Contributor

I like seeing the vendors in the studio but I can understand why they now do remote.  Some do a good job with remote and some dont. Depending on how their equipment is set up I suppose.

Just watching Kim Gravel tonight from her home and she does a great job that way, picture sharp and bright and colors showing true.  Since she lives in Geogia there is no sense for her to have to travel from Georgia every week and some shows in between.

I remember her saying when she first came to QVC that she was buying a home or renting an apartment in Pa (can't remember which) rather than staying in a hotel.  Having a home base in Pa when she was presenting on QVC.  That would really be a big expense.

Isaac also does a good job remotely.  He does many other things than his QVC shows and is a very busy person with other endeavors as well.  There are only so many hours in a day to waste them in travel when you have so much else going on.  Especially since he is now going to be in "Chicago"  - his love is the theater.

I thought Lori lived in NYC and the Hamptons.  Didn't know she moved to CA.

Respected Contributor

By being remote someone is saving money. I don't know who paid travel expenses when they had to fly in and stay in hotels, but whoever is saving money has not equated to lower prices for us. 

Esteemed Contributor

Lori sold her Hamptons property in 2011.

Her Manhattan condo was sold several years ago.

Not certain about the status of her Pennsylvania house when she relocated to California. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

I thought Josie was now living full-time on St. Barts, no?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

No.  She splits her time between L.A. and St. Barts.

Her last remote was from her L.A. home.

Esteemed Contributor

Why do you care?  

I don't understand why people get twisted around the Axel on simple things. 

Esteemed Contributor

INSULTED?????   WHAT???  UMMM NOPE