Respected Contributor

IMPROVED SHIPPING

[ Edited ]

Watching a bit last night and they were bragging about being able to get stuff delivered by the 25th.  I thought they were overstating or else just presenting stuff that they knew they could rush out.  It's not for me to be able to understand what is involved when some things come right away and others take over a month.

I just tracked a couple of items I ordered last Thursday and was informed that they were delivered today!  Well, that's great!  Now, why can't they always do that???

Honored Contributor

It has GREATLY improved for me.

I am receiving things in 3-4 days from ORDERING to my DOOR!  Never have I gotten things that fast let alone at Christmas time!

I do have an LDO top that is coming from CA and is in its 2nd week.  Totally understandable as I am east coast.  Not a gift anyways.

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat 

That's funny, I just received an email from QVC that an order I placed last week that had guaranteed delivery by 12/24 will NOT arrive by 12/24.

So much for QVC's 'guarantee'.....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Overall, I've found shipping to be vastly improved.  Clothing I've ordered has shipped in 2 days.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SuzeecatI don't even care about the WHY.  That's the back story and knowing it won't change anything for me  although if I had to guess, I'd guess either someone in corporate didn't thoroughly vet the new warehouse builder or the new warehouse builder built something bad, walked off the job, went bankrupt, etc.

We all already know that when something is being built (new or renovation) things go wrong so often.  If they didn't, half the court shows on TV would disappear and HGTV could go dark for hours every day!  It's not different in commercial real estate -  just bigger and frustrating to more people.

I also know therer's no such thing as a perfect company -  not a retailer, a medical organization, a bank, a restaurant, etc.   They're all good until they're not, so I'll just hope we're close to the end of QVC's worst issues.  I do know my Friday night order shipped yesterday (Sunday), and even though none of my order in 2019 were delayed, even for me this shipping was fast -    and free!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: IMPROVED SHIPPING

[ Edited ]

All my shopping for the holidays has arrived in four days of less (none of it is from Q but Amazon and Costco are on the ball).  I even had a Lego kit from Amazon that was supposed to be delivered on Dec.22 that is being delivered today!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Wish I could agree. just notified that an order placed on Dec5th has shipped and they are congratulating themselves. Let's see....dec fifth was 11 days ago.....didn't order an item for Christmas a couple of days ago because I have NO faith it would arrive in time regardless of what they say. Yet if you decide to cancel an item the next day, it can't be done because it's in process......funny how that works for them, but not the customer. I've been a qvc customer since they were CVN, but am ordering very little, if anything now because of loooooong delays and ridiculous shipping. They seem a bit behind the times since there are a great many much smaller companies shipping for free with merchandise arriving in very few days. The idea of purchasing from tv was great back in the day but is almost outdated now and the company is falling behind. Since I can return an item from Amazon at a local store without even having to package or or print a return slip, why would I pay for QVC to take something back?  Especially since I received it in two days?  Am able to order an item from Chico's at the store, if it's not in stock, have it shipped for free and return to store if it doesn't work out....Many of the companies featured on QVC offer free shipping from their website and coupons. It's too bad,because QVC at one point was fresh and innovative and now seems old and slow. 

Respected Contributor
It’s risky to order anything now without paying upgraded shipping if you want it by the 24th, don’t care what they are promoting on air. My two Courtney C rings that shipped on Dec 8 have not moved in tracking since the 12th, last Thursday. Very skeptical whether I will even get them at this point but have two more days before I can talk to a CS puppet!

I hope Q starts a campaign in January “Buy Now and we Guarantee delivery by December 24, 2020”!
Trusted Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
It’s risky to order anything now without paying upgraded shipping if you want it by the 24th, don’t care what they are promoting on air. My two Courtney C rings that shipped on Dec 8 have not moved in tracking since the 12th, last Thursday. Very skeptical whether I will even get them at this point but have two more days before I can talk to a CS puppet!

I hope Q starts a campaign in January “Buy Now and we Guarantee delivery by December 24, 2020”!

----

I also ordered last Thursday with expedited shipping. The item, with an EDD today, has not even made it to UPS.  And do not get me started on an item ordered on Dec.9 that was sent Mail Innovations. 🙀 I will keep it for next year if I decide to accept delivery. I really was done shipping, but I decided to order a few extra items for my sister.  Lesson learned.

Contributor

There's a new video discussing the near completion of the new fulfillment center.

https://www.qvc.com/content/standaloneplayer.html?mediaId=53bc8e77ea4947fd9034b9d3f1f53d6b&cm_ite=MA...