Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: IF THE HOSTS CAN BE TOGETHER......

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I believe that with Florida stopping the masks as of July 1st other states will also.  I was out today and I didn't wear one and many others didn't either.  I am tired of struggling to breathe.  I am done and over all of this and no I am not taking the Vaccine. 

@BalletBabe 

Texas lifted the mask mandate a couple of months ago and opened restaurants and businesses back to 100%. And guess what, new cases of Covid have continued to decline. Now, if businesses could only get people to work and not stay home drawing unemployment checks, our economy would be doing well. 

I applaud you for throwing that mask in the trash and not taking the vaccine!

Covid cases have declined thanks to those who received the vaccine not because of those who are throwing their masks in the trash.

Many people are staying home because of lack of child care, caring for elderly parents, and concerned about the virus that is still out there, especially being around those who refuse to get vaccinated.  I believe the majority of people would rather have steady income through employment and not rely on expiring unemployment benefits.

Trusted Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I believe that with Florida stopping the masks as of July 1st other states will also.  I was out today and I didn't wear one and many others didn't either.  I am tired of struggling to breathe.  I am done and over all of this and no I am not taking the Vaccine. 

@BalletBabe 

Texas lifted the mask mandate a couple of months ago and opened restaurants and businesses back to 100%. And guess what, new cases of Covid have continued to decline. Now, if businesses could only get people to work and not stay home drawing unemployment checks, our economy would be doing well. 

Covid cases have declined thanks to those who received the vaccine not because of those who are throwing their masks in the trash.

Many people are staying home because of lack of child care, caring for elderly parents, and concerned about the virus that is still out there, especially being around those who refuse to get vaccinated.  I believe the majority of people would rather have steady income through employment and not rely on expiring unemployment benefits.

@Biftu 

Well, if you were right about the majority of people preferring to have steady employment instead of relying on unemployment benefits, then there would not be this overwhelming shortage of employees in many businesses. It is not for lack of jobs that people are continuing to draw unemployment.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@BalletBabe 

@Biftu 

Well, if you were right about the majority of people preferring to have steady employment instead of relying on unemployment benefits, then there would not be this overwhelming shortage of employees in many businesses. It is not for lack of jobs that people are continuing to draw unemployment.

Wrong.  As I mentioned, there are many reasons people are not going back to work, it's not solely based on collecting unemployment.  You would see it differently if you knew those who cannot get or maybe afford child care.  In many states schools are not fully open.  Or if you knew those who are caring for elderly parents who have contracted Covid.  Or those who have underlying conditions and are fearful of returning to certain work environments.  Sure, some may rather collect, but those benefits will be ending.  It's not as clear cut as you make it out to be.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I totally agree!  If they want to sell their products they need to find a way to get into the studio!  People travel for business every day!

Esteemed Contributor

Keep the vendors at home!

Honored Contributor

Perhaps vendors aren't comfortable flying yet or are waiting until their 2nd vaccine takes effect. Or not. I don't care.