Honored Contributor

Re: IF THE HOSTS CAN BE TOGETHER......

It's time to get back to living...in the manner we are used to.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs , Things change.  I don't know how QVC is going to handle the future, but . I'm guessing if it saves money many businesses will cut out travel and other expenses.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs   IF it can be done safely. 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs , Things change.  I don't know how QVC is going to handle the future, but . I'm guessing if it saves money many businesses will cut out travel and other expenses.

@QVCkitty1 May be for the short term, but I remember many years ago businesses tried that concept when they only had telecon capability and they finally decided the extra expense was worth it.  I think the same will happen with zooming and skyping.  The signal is always dropping out and the video quality is often bad, especially on QVC. Some of the news channels usually have better video quality, probably provide better cameras to their staff, but there are still drop-outs.  If a year of online school is any indication, I don't think Zooming and Skyping is the future for business.

I will be glad to get vendors back on-set.  

Trusted Contributor

I honestly don't mind the skyping.  I haven;t had problem one with it once they got over a few hiccups at the beginning. There will always be technology issues but who cares. 

I agree if it saves the company money they will continue to do it for a long time.

I am ok with that.  

Trusted Contributor

My husband used to travel every other week for business.  He has been working from home using Zoom meetings and Skype since Covid shut everything down.  Business has NOT been down at all for his company.  His bosses have decided that travel will be very limited in the future in order to save the company money.  My husband is fine with that. 

Office workers are encouraged to work in the office one day a week, but that is optional.  He will continue working from home to avoid the commute.

Honored Contributor

Pennsylvania is scheduled to lift the mandated social distancing on Memorial Day.  Masks will still be mandated.

I don't think QVC will want to have Hosts do presentations with masks on.  I am guessing that the hosts and vendors will still not be able to be close up and personal for a while.

Once the mandated mask requirement is lifted...perhaps.

There are different rules in each state.

Esteemed Contributor

So why can't a host and a vendor be maskless and separated by 6 feet?

Plenty of other television productions are doing this.

They'll just need to stop the ridiculously phony hugs and kisses.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm okay with VENDOR ONLY segments.  I have seen several of theses presentations with NO host.  Sometimes it is actually a relief-it is better than host and vendor.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

So why can't a host and a vendor be maskless and separated by 6 feet?

Plenty of other television productions are doing this.

They'll just need to stop the ridiculously phony hugs and kisses.

I can't understand why many of the network news shows I watch (from NYC) still have only one anchor in studio with the other anchors and reporters remote.  All the guests are still remote also.

Yet some of the shows on the same network have three anchors at the same desk in studio.  🤨