Highlighted
Honored Contributor

IF THE HOSTS CAN BE TOGETHER......

The shows with two hosts have mananged to be on the same set and socially distanced. Why can't the vendors come back in person? I'm getting tired of the ZOOM call ins.

***Talk shows have begun having guests sitting a safe distance apart. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: IF THE HOSTS CAN BE TOGETHER......

I totally agree.  Maybe the airplant travel and hotel stays?  I do not enjoy watching the Skype programs.

Honored Contributor

I agree.  The Skyping is horrible.  The screen ends up frozen during presentations, the views are super close-up and they end up talking over each other.

I've said the same thing about our local news.  Some are still working out of their homes and some are in studio.  IMO they should all be back in studio.  

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

I totally agree.  Maybe the airplant travel and hotel stays?  I do not enjoy watching the Skype programs.

@Zhills   This didn't seem to be a issue before COVID. 

Respected Contributor

It saves a lot of money & is easier. 

I don't watch the shows. I just shop online, so I don't have a feeling about vendors being on set.

I'm sure at some point it will get back to the way it was. Or maybe not, if sales don't show that it matters.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

@Shanus, the vendor would be exposed to a lot more people on the plane, and not socially distanced.  Even Delta is filling the center seat now, although when I flew United in March, the planes were packed and I even had to sit in the middle seat for one of my legs. That's a lot of exposure.  However, the guidance on airplane travel has been very inconsistent.  Fairly early on, the science showed that airline travel was safe, but all the people issuing guidance are still saying to avoid airline travel unless you have been fully vaccinated.  Of course, those are the same people telling us we should still wear a mask outdoors if we haven't been fully vaccinated.  I never wore a mask outdoors.

Some of this I actually think may be more for show than actual social distancing.  I only say this because I watch Kelly & Ryan and they have made such a big deal with being socially distanced on set, but just yesterday they had a musician in the studio singing and after he finished they went over to see him and he even hugged Kelly. 

Respected Contributor

Is Covid over, did I miss something? The vendors aren't in the studio because it isn't over so expecting them to travel, stay in a hotel & be around lots of people is ridiculous. Viewers should  be grateful they Skype from their home while they watch safely in theirs.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

@Shanus, the vendor would be exposed to a lot more people on the plane, and not socially distanced.  Even Delta is filling the center seat now, although when I flew United in March, the planes were packed and I even had to sit in the middle seat for one of my legs. That's a lot of exposure.  However, the guidance on airplane travel has been very inconsistent.  Fairly early on, the science showed that airline travel was safe, but all the people issuing guidance are still saying to avoid airline travel unless you have been fully vaccinated.  Of course, those are the same people telling us we should still wear a mask outdoors if we haven't been fully vaccinated.  I never wore a mask outdoors.

Some of this I actually think may be more for show than actual social distancing.  I only say this because I watch Kelly & Ryan and they have made such a big deal with being socially distanced on set, but just yesterday they had a musician in the studio singing and after he finished they went over to see him and he even hugged Kelly. 

@Icegoddess   Not to go off subject too much from original thread, but although I've been vaccinated for months, I still wear my mask in most indoor places since it's required in my state and I will wear it outside if in a crowded area...walking down a busy street, etc. I feel  safer that way. I don't know who has or has not been vaccinated and my vaccination is only 95% (?) effective. No big deal since I've worn it for a year...another several months is no biggie. 

Esteemed Contributor

Broadway shows have been given approval to open at 100% capacity on September 14th.  Buy tickets today.

As for QVC, I would transition to an almost 100% vendor only format as is seen on Q2.  Virtually all hosts could be dismissed.   They are no longer necessary and are often a distraction. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

My husband travels for his job, and has said that the hotels are near full capacity now. I think they're dragging the zoom meetings out just a little bit. The presentations are choppy, and hard to watch.