Valued Contributor

@Libra2 

first i want to say thank you for being on the FRONT LINE. i truly appreciate it. last week when i went to sams club, the first thing out of my mouth was thank you and she was shocked. she just stood there and went blank. when she came to, she said that no one had said that to her before.

as for people calling you names, they were wrong before they walked in the door. and there is a thing called 'karma', so they will get exactly what they put out in the universe.

Trusted Contributor

@Libra2   So sorry you have to deal with these types of people. I guess some people think that the rules don't apply to them.  I used to work in retail and I know that when you work with the public you are a target for anybody in a bad mood.  

Contributor

Re: I work at Walmart Mar 22 update

Hi All, well today at work starting at 7a.m. Customers were running into our store. And yes again, I had to check their orders for over the store limited items. It went a little better today. I still get the customers that tell me the limited items have

no signs telling them so. I checked this on my break and yes, the signs are posted.

One customer had her 3 year old buy her 2nd package of toilet paper because 1per customer was posted.

There were so many customers letting me know that they appreciated me being here at work today. That me feel really good.

My advice for all of you who need items is, go when you neighborhood Walmart opens first thing in the morning. Some department managers are working when we close early to stock the shelves plus the regular overnight employees.

And remember, Walmart gets a delivery everyday.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I work at Walmart

[ Edited ]

@SugarGlider wrote:

I also needed distilled water and like you could not find it anywhere. Then a nurse told me to check with pharmacies. Sure enough I went to my local "good neighbor pharmacy" and there it was! Save yourself a trip and call first, and you might be lucky too.

Thanks for the idea.  Sometimes distilled water is stocked in the "baby" departments as well, so that could be another place to look.

Also, maybe those who get drinking water delivered, perhaps their delivery company could possibly stock distilled water as well?  Would be worth asking.

NameAlreadyTaken:

I also need distilled water for my bi-pap machine.  I have begun cutting back--only using 4 to 5 ounces per night instead of my usual 8 to 9 ounces, and turning the humidifier level down a couple of notches.  I guess if I completely run out of water I'll have to go "dry" because I really need to use my machine.

Good luck and stay well.

Respected Contributor

Re: I work at Walmart Mar 22 update

@Libra2 wrote:

Hi All, well today at work starting at 7a.m. Customers were running into our store. And yes again, I had to check their orders for over the store limited items. It went a little better today. I still get the customers that tell me the limited items have

no signs telling them so. I checked this on my break and yes, the signs are posted.

One customer had her 3 year old buy her 2nd package of toilet paper because 1per customer was posted.

There were so many customers letting me know that they appreciated me being here at work today. That me feel really good.

My advice for all of you who need items is, go when you neighborhood Walmart opens first thing in the morning. Some department managers are working when we close early to stock the shelves plus the regular overnight employees.

And remember, Walmart gets a delivery everyday.

She had her 3-yr-old buy more TP?  Good grief!  So how did you handle that? Did you make them put it back?

Frequent Contributor

Image result for nasty customers pic

Honored Contributor
I can’t imagine how hard it must be to be face to face with so many stressed-out customers each day. Bless you
Honored Contributor

@JumpTheRope wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@denisemb    I've been using the Walmart pick up service about 3 1/2 yrs, since it started at my store.  I've never seen anyone tip one of the workers and hope they don't start.  They are adequately compensated.

“Adequately compensated”?

Sounds elitist to me.

I would bet you use a calculator (real or virtual) to leave a tip at

a restaurant......that is...IF you don’t find an excuse to stiff the server.

@JumpTheRope   You are snarky, insulting and out of line.  You don't know me but I think I know you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Did I strike a nerve?

Close to home, maybe?

“out of line”....

typical elitist rebuke from the  self-described superior class.

Just by stating that real workers are “already adequately compensated “

tells everyone who YOU are.

But let’s agree that in reality, neither of us know the other.

So it’s a “draw”, “even steven”, or  .......a truce.

Respected Contributor

@Libra2 This should be handled by the managers.