Trusted Contributor
@Libra2, first of all, thanks so much for staying on the "frontline" so that everyone can continue to shop! Sadly, the bottom line is, some people are just rude, inconsiderate, "entitled, mean jerks and in times of high stress their true personalities really, ummm, shine, shall we say. It must be so hard to have to deal with these bottom-feeders without reacting to them. I admire your strength and courage as you stand at that cash register! Thinking of you!!!!!👍👍👍👍
Contributor

I also needed distilled water and like you could not find it anywhere. Then a nurse told me to check with pharmacies. Sure enough I went to my local "good neighbor pharmacy" and there it was! Save yourself a trip and call first, and you might be lucky too.

Honored Contributor

First, thank you for working and helping the business stay open. You don't deserve to be treated poorly. I always thank any clerks and baggers for doing a job I couldn't do.

Honored Contributor

Re: I work at Walmart

[ Edited ]

@Libra2 

Only words for you:

THANK YOU!!  I always find helpful employees at our WM...hang in there & stay healthy!🙂

sadly, these times really bring out the worst in humanity☹️

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK    The instructions were from the onset not to tip them.  No, I don't tip.  How much skill does it take to pull out a cart and unload bags into a car?  Tipping if any kind where I live is not prevalent like it is in some places, thank goodness.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I’ve not read entire thread, but I can not be the only person who has not 

stocked up on ANYTHING.

Since I’m an independent senior, I have no need for copious amounts of any particular product.

I heard Gov. Cuomo (sp) say that this crisis “shows who people really are”...

and I agree.

A selfish person will be first in line and fill thier wagons to the brim, them possibly go home and re-sell product online or to home bound neighbors,

or simply hoard for themselves.

They will justify their behavior by claiming “I’m protecting my family”, etc...

WITH TRUNKS FULL OF TP!!???

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@denisemb    I've been using the Walmart pick up service about 3 1/2 yrs, since it started at my store.  I've never seen anyone tip one of the workers and hope they don't start.  They are adequately compensated.

“Adequately compensated”?

Sounds elitist to me.

I would bet you use a calculator (real or virtual) to leave a tip at

a restaurant......that is...IF you don’t find an excuse to stiff the server.

Honored Contributor

I understand what it's like.  I worked for a midwest grocery store chain for a few years after retiring and was called every name in the book and that was before the shortages and pandemic.  

People are nervous and in a panic.  They need to realize you're doing your job and lay off the yelling and temper tantrums.  I watched a woman scream at a grocery store employee because they were out of toilet paper.  It's not like he could pull it out of his ^%$^%.  

Be patient and realize they aren't really yelling at you.  Bless you for continuing to work.  

Honored Contributor

@Libra2 wrote:

Ok, yes I work at Walmart. We are starting to limit some of the products. Example: if a customer in line has 12 bottles of a limited item, I at the register need to take some away. This is to allow other customers to get a limited item.

So yesterday at work, I have been called every name in the book. Please know that while I am getting cursed at I am working for you. I am also 68 years old.

@Libra2 

I can't even imagine what you are going through!  I shop at Walmart regularly for groceries, etc. and I know people are not always that courteous (to put in mildly) or kind on a good day there.  I really am sending you positive thoughts and kind wishes and hope that people will have more respect for you and try to remember that you are just trying to do your job.  My best to you and I sincerely hope that you will stay well! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I agree with poster(s) here who say this pandemic has brought out the worst in people. I feel for the people who work at the stores right now, having to put up with such rude.behavior .  And I still don't understand the hoarding. I was at my local WM yesterday and overheard a man bragging that he's got about 50 pkgs of TP stored in his closet.  Stop hogging it all so others can't get any!  The store clerks also have to watch out for the greedy people who try to come in multiple times to get the TP.  Unbelievable!