Honored Contributor

Re: I work at Walmart - May 3rd Update

I went to pick up an online order at WalMart a week ago.  I won't go back.  I was shocked at the little kids running around.  No one was social distancing. Only a few employees and customers wore masks,  People coughed but didn't cover their mouths. 

People who don't follow CDC guidelines are selfish.  No one knows if they are a carrier.  The CDC and expert epidemiologists said about 25% of people could be carriers and never have symptoms.  They may not be sick but they could give the virus to someone who really suffers with it or dies.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tribesters   and @Libra2 ... First of all, I hope @Libra2  stays safe.   Not too many people in my local Walmart obey the one way arrows/aisles.  Sadly, I have seen Walmart employees watch people going the wrong way ... and do nothing about it,   If they aren't going to enforce the rules why bother??

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Tribesters Yes I think they work, pretty much. My Safeway put down the arrows about 3 weeks ago. It took a bit of getting used to but seems to be working ok. I shop early in the day when there are few shoppers and now and then either I or someone else catches myself/themself going "the wrong way." We always share a laugh and say "Oops!"

@Libra2 Thanks for checking in, many of us were concerned about you. You should get a medal for all you do. Even tho I'm not a Walmart shopper, I thank you for all your hard work.

@Love my grandkids  .. the one way arrows/aisles work at my local Stop & Shop.... but not so much at our local Walmart.  Very few people obey them at Walmart .... and the employees are not enforcing them...  even when people disobey the arrows right in front of the employees.   Very frustrating,  

Esteemed Contributor

@Libra2   Thank you for taking the time to come here and give an idea of how life is going for you!  All I can say is thank you for what you are doing each and everyday so that we can put food on our tables, perhaps plant a garden, ride a bike or do a puzzle.  You play an important role in all of this.

For you to take the time in your busy life to come here and give us a glimpse of what most of us will never see or experience, is very generous.  

Thank you and stay safe.  We are praying for you and all those that are risking there health and well being for us.  Hopefully, most of us aren't taking that lightly.  Take care!!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

So happy you are doing well despite the rude customers.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have great respect, and sympathy' for those who are working in essential services.Despite the pandemic, we still need to cook, eat, clean, and care for our families. Without these front-line workers, we'd be in deep doo-doo. I grew up in NYC. When I think about all the health care workers...nurses, EMTs, doctors, cleaning crews, social workers, and clergy who have risked everything to care for the sick and dying, I am truly humbled.

Super Contributor

Libra2...many thanks for your dedication during these trying times.   I'm a regular Walmart shopper for certain items bit decided to stick with Wegmans for just about everything during this pandemic.  I feel Wegmans is taking the most precautions in their stores, and they have a very good routine in place for checking out groceries.  Stay well...you are appreciated!

Super Contributor

@Libra2 - continue to b safe and thank you for all you're doing. 💗

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting, it is good to hear what it is like, take care.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector

Great minds think alike. 😀

I went to Aldi's & they have little pieces of paper taped to the floor saying "one way," Those were barely noticeable. I could understand why people didn't follow them. Walmart's are colored & more noticeable but still get ignored.